Barry Weiss made his fortune selling wholesale produce and has used those resources to feed his collecting obsessions including his love of rare and unique automobiles, trucks and motorcycles. Barry has been a collector for most of his life, so he knows when he comes across something that’s the cream of the crop. [More…]
Charles is a one-man-show in a small three bay shop in North Troy, New York. He primarily designs and fabricates parts for cars that are far from rat rods, his project car is a 1947 Plymouth. While his business caters to newer cars, Charles admits that it’s the classics he really enjoys working on. [More…]
Nobody Else’s Auto Recycling 332 N US Highway 281 Great Bend, Kansas Call 620-786-4428 Specific questions about parts or a specific vehicle needs – CALL: 620-786-4428 Many Parts and Vehicles can be viewed on eBay [More…]
24,000 – That’s how many man-hours it took to build the “NewMad”. 24,000 hours and 1.3 million dollars. Hot rod designer Chris Ito was commissioned to pen the redesign. The NewMad began its life as the first generation Chevrolet Nomad, the halo model wagon derived from the Motorama Corvette of 1953-54. [More…]
The story of Aaron’s Rat Rod goes like this: In 2007 I worked at a dealership in the local town that had a 1936 Dodge dump truck sitting in a grass lot behind a building. I’d have to trim weeds around it when the dealership got slow. I’ve always bought rat rod magazines and always thought about building one, but… [More…]
Michael Snow from Horneytown, North Carolina saw our Farmer’s Chopper post and shared his old school rat rod lawn mower with us. He tells us that he had an old riding lawn mower sitting around for parts, and one day he just went crazy on it. He lowered the front end, chopped the hood and grill, and more. [More…]
This is no ordinary Rat Rod. It was designed and built by an experienced Winston Cup race car builder. The build was completed with race-quality parts front-to-rear for superior performance and reliability. “DELIVERANCE” was completed in March, 2012. [More…]
Portawall White Wall Tire Inserts ~ (Sometimes Port-o-walls, white wall inserts, slap-ons, Mickies, fake white walls, etc.) ~ Firestone Tire Style White Wall Tire Inserts make a great accessory for your Custom Car, Truck, Hot [More…]
Build a Hot Rod in 30 Days for $1,000? This truck has been built twice — with a tear-down and cross-country move in between. The first build section documents the build mating the ’49 Studebaker [More…]
Torque converters are a type of fluid coupling which transfers rotating power from a prime mover, like an internal combustion engine, to a rotating driven load. In a vehicle with an automatic transmission, the torque converter connects the power source from the load. [More…]
Learn how to build a hot rod with these resources that help facilitate your build from inspiration and planning to building and customization. These tools help locate donor vehicles, project cars, and can determine what other cars have the parts you need (a big help at the salvage yard). Start you build here! [More…]
N2a Motors is a California based custom auto manufacturer with a mission of reviving the art of American coach building. Melding design elements from different Chevy models, the 789 shows the world that you really can’t have enough of a good thing. [More…]
This Turbo Diesel Rat Rod Truck from South Texas Performance, based in Victoria, Texas was built as the shop faced some top rat rod builders in The Rat Hard Build-Off. The contest, sponsored by Rat Hard [More…]
Note: A majority of FE blocks have either a ‘352’ or a backwards ‘501’ cast into the front of the block. With the exception of a few hi-performance 428 blocks, most all other FE blocks are identical externally. The only way of differentiating between them, since there are no external markings to tell you what you’ve… [More…]
Plus Sizing your wheel and tire combination was designed to enhance vehicle performance and appearance by allowing fitment of larger diameter rims and lower profile tires. The theory is that while making these changes, you keep the overall tire diameter within 3% of the original equipment tires. [More…]
You don’t have to buy a new car or truck to get a new look. Drivers can transform the appearance of their vehicles quickly, easily and affordably. Whether the goal is to create a one-of-a-kind masterpiece, or simply to give a vehicle a fresh, new look, a few simple steps is all it may take. [More…]
When working with body filler, what ever tools you use, the trick is to not add the last “skim coat ” till you KNOW that it is all you need. Don’t try to block out that first coat, just use it as a base for the LAST skim coat. [More…]
Erin Francis of Langley, BC, Canada shared this 1956 Ford F-100 truck with us. Erin found the truck in Portland, OR in near stock condition. In just 5 months, the truck was restored and modified with independent front suspension and a four-link rear with coil overs on all corners, plus some more custom touches. [More…]
Finally. A jack that’s made for the lowest of cars. Minimal clearance is no problem with the Low Profile Billet Jack from California Car Cover. Designed specifically to lift most any lowered hot rod or classic car. [More…]
Danny Love shared this story and photos with us ~ This pristine 1947 Ford Pickup belonged to his Dad (aka Jiggs) Danny tells us that he remembers standing up as a young boy in the front seat just to be see out of the windshield. Danny is 54 years old now and says that he “can’t hardly… [More…]
Rey Payumo of Kailua, Hawaii found this 1963 Chevrolet Impala packed with junk in a garage in Hayward, California. Rey tells us “It had an previous restoration, the color used to be lowrider purple and it used to be totally lowridered out. After buying it, my lil’ brother Roy and I towed it South… [More…]
In 1954 Edsel Ford handed control of Ford Motors to his son Henry Ford II. Anxious to bring Ford back into the modern era, Henry the Second hired Italian Gian Paolo Boano to construct a one-off show car on a new Lincoln chassis and this was the result – the stunning 1955 Lincoln Indianapolis. [More…]
Auto polo was invented in the United States with rules and equipment similar to equestrian polo, and of course used automobiles instead of horses. The sport was popular at fairs, exhibitions and sports venues across the United States and several areas in Europe from 1911 until the late 1920s. [More…]
The bolt pattern, or bolt circle, is the diameter of an imaginary circle formed by the centers of the wheel lugs. Common bolt patterns have 4, 5, 6, or 8 lug holes. These diagrams show the proper measuring methods for each lug count. [More…]
Are you amazed at how many specialty cleaners are available to clean your vehicle? Ever wonder what the pros in Dealerships and Detailing Shops use? In those businesses, concentrated citrus cleaners have replaced them all and taken the center stage. [More…]
Tired of your typical cross-country road trip and the boredom of seemingly endless interstates? Take the next exit and get yourself onto a two-lane highway. You’ll have an unforgettable experience. A retro experience. An all-American experience. [More…]
The Mercedes Benz W125, was Europe’s most futuristic pre-war sports car and a racing propaganda machine. Harley Earl vowed to deliver a triumphant message all of his own someday. In comes the legendary 1951 LeSabre, seen here at the 1953 Chicago Auto Show. [More…]
After his Triumph Spitfire engine crashed, this resourceful gearhead purchased a used engine from a seller on eBay Motors. Wisely, he chose to photograph the entire teardown so he had a reference to remember how everything went back together. [More…]
Most Read Posts
- An Inexpensive Sound Deadening Alternative to Dynamat
Nothing ruins a sweet sounding ride more than a trunk that vibrates and doors that rattle. While most cars came with some sort of sound deadening from the factory, the older the car, the lower the quality of materials used for sound deadening, and with the heavy resurgence of classic and muscle cars, this becomes a sizable problem. To solve this problem, companies such as Dynamat offer sound deadening materials and products to fit practically every application. The problem is that these...
- How To Convert a Car Alternator into a Go Kart Motor
An automotive alternator can easily be converted into a powerful hybrid brushless motor in just a couple of hours with some know-how and using common hand tools. An alternator converted to a hybrid brushless motor provides a low-cost alternative to brushless motors (BLDC) because alternators are mass-produced, far in excess the quantities of brushless motors, plus they have dynamic behavior similar to brushless motors in a wide range of applications. The particular alternator used...
- 1957 Volkswagen Bus Pulled from Lake in Norway After 36 Years
This 1957 Deluxe Volkswagen bus was found underwater in a Norwegian Fjord in 2003 following a tip from the guys who actually put it there in 1973. [caption id="attachment_25653" align="aligncenter" width="908"] This is the 1957 Volkswagen 23 window bus before it went into the water in 1973 because of a broken transmission — the lake was the fastest easiest way to get rid of the bus...[/caption] Apparently, it was common practice to ditch a decrepit or unwanted vehicles into the lake —...
- Build Watch: C10 Custom Bed and Tail Light Fuel Filler
Jamey Campise of Jeweled Up Junk (Facebook and Instagram) in Bakersfield, California is building a 1971 Chevrolet C10 for a customer. The project calls for shortening from long bed to short bed and tubbed wheel wells. Jamey’s shared some shots with us showing progress on the project... [caption id="attachment_25911" align="aligncenter" width="540"] Jamey shortened the bed from long bed to short bed. [/caption] [caption id="attachment_25912" align="aligncenter"...
- 1940 Dodge Milk Truck Rat Rod
Urban Hillbilly Videos caught up with this mean Milk Truck at Wrenchfest in St. Louis, MO. This unique 1948 Dodge Milk Truck from Holland Dairy has been put back on the streets with a few borrowed parts. The owner of the truck had it for about 3 years and was unsure of what would come of it — he had a vision for it that came to life after being chosen for a build off in Arkansas. The truck has had 21 inches cut off the bottom, and has the top chopped 9 1/2 inches in the...
- Spare Tailgate? How To Make a Tailgate Bench
Here’s what you’ll need to get started: Keep in mind this is for the tailgate I had, which was 50 3/4″ x 19 1/2″. If yours is bigger or smaller, adjust the length of the bench accordingly. Supply list: 2 – 4×4 @ 8′ long 2 – 2×4 @ 8′ long 3 – 1×6 @ 6′ long 1 – 1×4 @ 6′ long 2×6 @ 8′ long kreg jig 2 1/2″ pocket screws brad nailer 1 1/2″ brad nails wood glue 2 1/2″ deck screws miter saw jigsaw 2″ lag bolts ...
- LSx Swap Guide ~ The Basics
In the world of drag racing, LS engines have been making a big splash since they first showed up in the burnout boxes in 1997. They offer a great platform to build engines whether you are running 8s, or 12s. We decided to come up with the basics on what it takes to swap an LS engine into an older vehicle not originally designed to accept it. Most of these have to be done for those running higher end classes, but we wanted to make sure we covered it all. The Engine: Where To Begin The...
- How to Save Money on Your Hot Rod Build or Classic Car Restoration
You've been to a few shows, your buddies all have rods to wrench on, and now it's your turn. Here's some tips to help keep cost under control as you embark on your hot rod build journey. Find the most complete project vehicle you can. The more complete the project is, the more money you'll save. Sure, it is often less expensive to acquire a car or truck projects that's missing parts, but, in most cases, it's going to be more expensive in the long run. The little stuff adds up...
- GM LSx Engine Swap ~ Wiring Harness Preparation
By Jay Kopycinski — There was a time when many hot rod enthusiasts were afraid of electronic fuel injection (EFI) on engines, preferring the “relative simplicity” of a carbureted engine that could be run in a pinch with gravity-fed fuel and no electronics. Now fuel injection is all that comes from new vehicle factories and EFI engine swaps into older vehicles are very common. It seems for many people that the scariest part of the modern engine swap is the wiring harness. When you...
- Bare Metal Paint Effect How To
YouTube Channel Rat Rod Bob Builds namesake, Bob, shares his trials and tribulations attempting a convincing bare metal paint effect on his rat rod... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgFWkzbZBt8
- Door Art and Lettering Ideas
Door art and lettering ideas for your rat rod, custom car or truck, or maybe even a man cave project.
- LS Engine and 4L60e Swap On A Budget
Part 1 - Chassis Intro, Oil Pan & Engine Mounts Chuck Hanson takes us on a tour of his $100 69 Chevelle chassis he picked up on Craig's List. He also walks us through as he swaps out his Big Block 454 for a 5.3L LS Engine and 4L60e Transmission. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wa8Ga3NB0M Part 2 - High Performance Intake & Throttle Body Install Chuck takes the old factory intake off the LS engine and replaces it with a high performance intake and throttle...
- 2-Minute Tech: How To Determine Steering Spline Size
To determine the spline size of a component (rack and pinion, steering column, and steering box), measure the outside diameter and count the number of splines. If there is a flat spot on the shaft and some of the splines are missing, count halfway around where there are splines and double that number — you'll need to know how many teeth are in a theoretical full circle. Common Steering Box and Rack Sizes Use this steering box/steering rack size chart to select the...
- How To Fix Flaking, Faded Clear Coat and Paint with a Rattle Can Kit
Cars and trucks from the 70s, 80s and 90s are becoming more popular with many wanting that throwback look, but can't get into something from the 40s, 50s or 60s. These now 30+ year old cars and trucks are still on the road, but many have issues with their clear coat and/or paint. Thankfully, AutomotiveTouchup offers Do-It-Yourselfers a way to fix and repaint the problem spots with a full kit that includes everything you need to get your ride back in shape. With this kit, you...
- Low Budget Build: 1947 Chevrolet Autocross Rat Rod
This 1947 Chevrolet truck was built to be an autocross course dominator, and it has won several events already. But the real story here is that the truck was built, at home by a Father and Son, for well under $2,000 — This was achieved with some good old fashioned thinking and a lot of parts most people would have junked. The project was started with the remains of a 1947 Chevrolet 3800 truck. [caption id="attachment_25588" align="aligncenter" width="994"] The truck was half...
- 1965 Ford Mustang Pickup 347 Stroker Build
From Hand Built Cars ~ 1965 Ford Mustang Pickup 347 Stroker Build by Sheri and Matt Clarke of Shermatt International (shermatt.com) in Clearwater, Florida... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBm8w-eSI_U 1965 Ford Mustang Pickup 347 Stroker Build Details Engine Windsor 302 V-8 stroked to 347ci Edelbrock Pro-Flo2 EFI Edelbrock Aluminum Cylinder Heads Comp Cam and Roller Rockers "Ozzie-Injected" Valve Covers Transmission Tremec TKO 5-speed Transmission Modern...
- 5 Forgotten V8 Engines From The Muscle Car Era
Every self-respecting hot rodder is familiar with or has heard of: Chrysler 426 Hemi Chevrolet LS6 454 Buick Stage-1 455 Pontiac 455 HO Oldsmobile W-30 455 Ford 427 large displacement V8s These were some of the biggest legends of the original muscle car era, after all. However there are some small to medium displacement high performance V8s that have been forgotten over time — Hiding in plain view under the shadow of their large displacement muscle car...
- Interior and Upholstery Preparation for Hot Rods and Customs
Tips for preparing your hot rod or custom car or truck for interior and upholstery. Wiring First and foremost, your wiring harness and all connections should be completed and fully tested before you bring your vehicle to an upholstery shop for interior work. If your wiring is a mess, many upholstery shops will not touch the project until the issues are addressed and corrected. If the shop handles this work, this can add significantly to the cost of your project. Areas to pay particular...
- Homebuilt 1949 Ford Turbo Diesel Dually Hot Rod
In this episode of Build Biology, Mitchell Allread brings by his 1949 Ford F5, a true hot rod truck custom built from 3 different trucks... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJVmRDnZvfA More Shots of Mitchell Allread's '49 Ford Turbo Diesel Dually Hot Rod... [caption id="attachment_25851" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Homebuilt 1949 Ford Turbo Diesel Dually Hot Rod[/caption] [caption id="attachment_25852" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Homebuilt 1949 Ford Turbo Diesel Dually Hot...
- Hot Rod Build: 1931 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan
Dave Tucci at Tucci Hot Rods of Marcy, NY set out to build a Ford Model A for a customer who simply wanted a low, loud and obnoxious hot rod, which also made a showing at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas... "We built the chassis for it, Small Block Chevy, 3 Deuces, your basic hot rod stuff and then it went from there — We took five and a half inches out of the roof, air ride suspension both front and rear, and then the crazy thing with the front, it's all cantilever front air-ride suspension with...
- How To Build Hot Rod Motor Mounts
To me building a hot rod or custom car is all about building with what you’ve got, using some ingenuity, and making things from scratch. Sure you can point and click with your mouse and buy a “hot rod in a box” from online vendors, but I think that those cars lose the soul that makes a hot rod so dang cool. Recently I built a chassis for a 1930 Ford Model A coupe I’m putting together and I needed to make some simple motor mounts to attach the Flathead to the chassis. I know you...
- The $1.4 Million '51 Ford Club Coupe
This might be the most perfect custom car we've ever seen... Craig Wick of Wicked Fabrication and his team transformed a 1951 Ford Coupe into a perfect work of art for owner Bruce Leven, dubbed "GT51". "I saw this car at SEMA and kept going back to look at it over and over. The attention to detail is second to none. I put this in my Top 3 all time favorite custom list. They won the Gran Tursimo best overall, which means if you play Gran Turismo, then soon enough you'll get a chance to...
- How to Install a Distributor in a Small Block Chevrolet
In this video, you'll learn how to correctly install a distributor in a small block Chevrolet 350 engine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4WRL513Gx4
- How To Do An Engine Makeover In Your Driveway
You've got a driver, but it's engine compartment is the dumps. Sometimes, all a Small Block Chevrolet needs is a little TLC in the form of a tune up and a clean up — a freshly painted and installed engine, with fresh valve covers, intake, air cleaner, etc. There are a several ways to go about it, but this engine compartment makeover was done mostly with rattle cans and powder coated parts and turned out quite nicely — and in keeping with the timeless theme of Pop's classic Chevrolet...
- Once The Fastest 1/2 Mile Racetrack in the World - Gone Forever
This racetrack sits in the woods out of sight and forgotten. Only memories and a few pictures remain of this once popular racetrack.
- Budget-Built Hot Rods
It doesn't have to be a rat rod... By Daniel Strohl, Hemmings Motor News I am not building a rat rod. Sure, at first mention of my Model A highboy pickup project, it may seem as though I've jumped on the latest bandwagon to roll through Koolsville along with the rest of the swing-dance-and-pomade neo-rockabilly set. Rough paint, solid axles front and rear, and parts cribbed from a variety of makes, models and years of automobile. Even parts cribbed from the discount bins at Home Depot. When...
- How To Repair a Ford Model A Frame and Horns
Andrew works on repairing a pair of damaged front frame horns on the Ford Model A and begins filling all the unwanted holes in the horns... [caption id="attachment_26344" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] How To Repair Ford Model A Frame Horns[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26346" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] How To Repair Ford Model A Frame Horns[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26345" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] How To Repair Ford Model A Frame...
- The GM Vortec 8100 ~ A BIG Gasoline Engine
The Vortec 8100 is an 8.1L V8 from General Motors. It was designed as a diesel alternative in the GM pickup truck line-up. The Vortec 8100 borrowed much of its design from the 454 CI big block that is so popular. The main difference between the 8100 and big blocks of old is the increased stroke — this is what increased the displacement to an impressive 8.1 liters. The Vortec is an excellent heavy duty engine — it nearly matches its diesel brother in torque and beats it in...
- 1966 Ford Mustero ~ The True Story of the Mustang Pickup
There's no more unique Ford Mustang than the 1966 Mustero — It was a Mustang pickup and here's the true story of how it came to be.
- Big Vehicle Overdrive ~ 4L80E Transmission Basics
When your big engine and TH400’s lack of overdrive has your engine screaming on the highway, a 4L80E transmission might just be the answer. The 4L80E transmission's roots trace back to the Turbo-Hydramatic 400 automatic transmission introduced in 1964 Cadillac and Buick models. The 4L80E is a four-speed transmission with electronically shifted overdrive based on the three-speed TH400. Upon release of the 4L80E ,GM retroactively called the TH400 the “3L80”. The 4L80E and its 4L85E...
- How To Test a Power Brake Booster
If the brake pedal feels hard while the engine is running, the power brake booster is not operating correctly. Here's how to properly test your power brake booster.
- How To Wire Dual Electric Cooling Fans
The clearance between the front of your engine and radiator can be very tight. Dual electric fans could be the solution to your cooling issues. Dual electric cooling fans have several benefits over single fans — Dual fans can pull (or push) more CFM between the two fans versus a single fan, and dual fan setups allow for more clearance for front of engine accessories. There are several ways that a dual fan can be wired. For example, dual thermostat switches or dual relays could be used...
- Build Biology: How to Build a 1200hp Diesel
On this episode of Build Biology, Scott Birdsall brings by his twin turbo 1,200 hp Ford F1, aka "Old Smokey" — He gives us a full rundown of everything he did to customize the truck, and get it prepped to charge up the Pikes Peak Hill Climb... Scott Birdsall Prepares "Old Smokey" for Pikes Peak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQg0VDLX3Kk
- Bad News ~ 1927 Ford Model T Coupe
In this video short, Ben Kahan highlights some of the many cool features on his dad's (Aaron Kahan) 1927 Ford Model T Coupe, dubbed "Bad News"... [caption id="attachment_26360" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Bad News ~ 1927 Ford Model T Coupe Before[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26359" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Bad News ~ 1927 Ford Model T Coupe After[/caption] Watch... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjXc0cuwiJY More Bad News ~ Aaron Kahan's 1927 Ford Model T...
- Incomplete Projects ~ When You Can Only Afford Half a Hot Rod
When your budget only can afford half of a car or truck, don't despair — get creative... [caption id="attachment_26007" align="aligncenter" width="564"] Incomplete Projects ~ When You Can Only Afford Half a Hot Rod[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26006" align="aligncenter" width="564"] Incomplete Projects ~ When You Can Only Afford Half a Hot Rod[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26009" align="aligncenter" width="720"] Incomplete Projects ~ When You Can Only Afford Half a Hot...
- 1961 Chevrolet Impala Chassis and Engine Swap
This wonderfully patina'd 1961 Chevrolet Impala Bubble Top gets an RS SPEC series Chassis, an LS engine swap, a fresh interior, RS brakes by Baer, and a set of Billet Specialties 'Heritage S' wheels to wrap it all up ~ Built by: Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NctL4YP-UJc
- LS Swap Essentials: What You Need To Know
Thinking of performing your own LS engine swap? Chase Christensen, editor of LSX Magazine, takes you through every component and solution that you'll need to consider when tackling your own swap. From engine mounts to wiring, and everything in between, you'll learn what it takes to modernize your ride... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-pxwo7arA
- 2-Minute Tech: Wiring Tips with Ron Francis Wiring
Presented by Black Top Magazine, project "Riff-Raff", a 1956 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan is getting rewired with a Ron Francis Express Series Kit. Here are several quick tips to help your wiring projects... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVLq47Lnzwo
- Kustom Painting Made Easy with House of Kolor
House of Kolor's "Kustom Painting Made Easy" by John Kosmoski World-renowned custom painter and teacher Jon Kosmoski leads you through the step-by-step Kustom Painting process — follow along with this video as he transforms a 1977 Chevrolet Camaro into a show quality ride with an amazing mirror finish. Jon demonstrates each step of car restoration from paint stripping to base-coat application and final polishing. Jon's secret is staying with House of Kolor Primers, Sealers,...
- Rat Stab ~ Blake Tourville's Volksrod
Rat Stab was a winter project of Blake Tourville, welder / fabricator at Sparks Speed Shop in Bethalto, Illinois. The project was based on a junk 1966 Volkswagen Beetle that he'd had sitting around for years. The build and all of the fabrication was done in house — after work hours and on weekends. The 1600 cc engine was an eBay Motors find in Iowa. The transmission, also a '69, and also an eBay Motors find came from Missouri. The all steel chassis is stretched a...
- How to Fabricate a Custom Hot Rod Dashboard
In this video, Matt goes over how to build a custom hot rod dash using nothing more than bead roller, punch/bead dies and a shrinker stretcher... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vc0IC2sUGI
- STEEL vs ALLOY Wheels ~ Which is stronger?
They guys from the Hydraulic Press Channel put both steel and aluminum alloy wheels into a 150 ton press — and crush them to find out which one is stronger... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJSPe6vMgI
- Tim Allen's Car Collection of Authentic American Made Motors
Tim Allen shares his private cars — from a 1965 Shelby Cobra S/C to a 1933 Ford Roadster that he built on the set of Home Improvement...
- How To Motorize A Bead Roller For Under $40
Broke Bastard Garage shows how to motorize a bead roller for under $40 using an inexpensive drill... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_7v4pdjCEo
- 1963 Cadillac Hearse Cummins Swap ~ Who Ya Gonna Call?
Tension gets high for Turnin Rust while time runs low as the guys set out to build their first official car show entry set to debut at the annual LoneStar Throwdown! Have they bitten off more than they can chew or will this be a victory mark for the coolest diesel burning ghost busting vehicle to hit the streets. Pressure is on, Who ya gonna call? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCib6S2DIJ4 1963 Cadillac Hearse Cummins Swap ~ Part 2 Previously on Turnin Rust, the guys press...
- The Gladiator ~ A Rat Rod Project by Otoresto
Meet "The Gladiator" ~ A Rat Rod Project by Otoresto... [caption id="attachment_26267" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Firing Up The Gladiator ~ Rat Rod Project by Otoresto[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26266" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] The Gladiator ~ Rat Rod Project by Otoresto[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26268" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] The Gladiator ~ Rat Rod Project by Otoresto Engine[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26271" align="aligncenter"...
- El Gringo Sucio ~ Billy Toledo's 1955 Chevy 3100 5-Window
El Gringo Sucio (or "Dirty White Boy") is Billy Toledo's 8 year labor of love, a 1955 (1st Series) Chevrolet 3100 5-Window. And Billy has turned this symbol of Americana into a frame-laying, bad ass sleeper. Watch and listen as Billy tells the story of how he acquired the truck and some of the transformations it's been through along the way... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Jh4v3wD-E
- How To Bead Roll Sheet Metal Without Warping
In this video, the Hot Rod Hippie discusses a few basic tips to combat distortion for beginners and the more advanced but proper technique to eliminate warping all together. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGSMj6f75JU
- Car Commercials from the 1950's
These classic car commercials fascinate for many reasons. Not only do we get a rundown of the features on these cars and what was important to car buyers in the 1950's, but we also get a glimpse at the 'hard sell' advertising methods commonly used by Madison Avenue in those days. The cars featured are: 1956-59 Dodge, '56 Chrysler Imperial, '57 Ford models, '58 Edsel, 1950 Mercury and a Kaiser Henry J from the mid-50's. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i8857WvWyQ
- 1933 Plymouth Hot Rod ~ Burnouts and Shredding Tires
I've been waiting for quite a while to shoot my friend TJ's amazing '33 Plymouth. This build is incredible. Fully hand built from the ground up by TJ Russell - Russell Built Fabrications. [caption id="attachment_26832" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1933 Plymouth Hot Rod ~ Spoke Wheel[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26833" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1933 Plymouth Hot Rod ~ Chassis and Engine[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26834" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1933...
- 1969 Chevrolet C10 Pro Touring Restomod Timelapse
This pro touring '69 Chevrolet C10 was custom built by the Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois for the "Craftsman Tools Restoration Rollout" promotional program, and was later auctioned off via Barrett-Jackson. 1969 Chevrolet C10 Restomod Specifications Don Hardy Built 550 hp LS3 V8 Engine Tremec T-56 6-speed Transmission Roadster Shop Fast Track Chassis Flowmaster Exhaust System Wilwood Brakes Forgeline CF3C Wheels Pirelli P-Zero Low-Profile...
- Custom Chevrolet 3100 F1 Truck ~ 12 Day Build
This compilation documents a 12 day hot rod build by Danton Arts Kustoms for the Al-Wathba Custom Show in Abu Dhabi... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ou2CdTvPck
- Is the Harbor Freight Sand Blaster Worth $100?
This video covers the entire process of removing rust from a 20 year old, rust covered sway bar bracket. Let’s see how well the $100 Harbor Freight Sand Blaster can bring it back to life. See 'Best Modifications' for this blasting cabinet below... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0o2LOSSqyw Harbor Freight Blasting Cabinet ~ Best Modifications https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFUYl6Z6w9I Harbor Freight Blasting Cabinet ~ Product Information This compact benchtop blast...
- Custom Raised Tire Lettering Kit ~ Fits All Vehicles!
Tire Stickers Tire Lettering Kit - Create Your Own Custom Tire Lettering Add-On Accessory - Fits all vehicles! No more boring, plain black tires! Trick out your ride with custom raised white tire lettering on your tires using genuine licensed designs by Tire Stickers. Ultra high quality raised rubber, Tire Stickers are engineered to withstand the most demanding environmental conditions and temperatures. Order Custom Tire...
- Survivor: 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD
This beautiful, all original > 70K mile 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 sat at the back of our lot for a lot of years — but it didn't belong to us. We'd asked about it, wanted to flip it. But we didn't even look very closely at the car, as it "was not for sale". Eventually, the owner finally announced (after many, many contrary announcements) that he'd be putting the car up for sale... [caption id="attachment_26124" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1966 Ford Galaxie 500...
- Chevrolet Stunt Driving ~ The Joie Chitwood Thrill Show
The "Thrill Driver's Choice" ~ In 1956, Joie Chitwood Thrill Show drivers exclusively drove Chevrolet cars... [caption id="attachment_26519" align="aligncenter" width="1000"] The Joie Chitwood Thrill Show Drivers[/caption] Joie Chitwood Thrill Show The "Joie Chitwood Thrill Show" was an exhibition of auto stunt driving that became so successful, Chitwood gave up racing his racing career. Often called "Hell Drivers," he had five units that for more than forty years toured across...
- CORRUPTT ~ Ferrari Twin Turbo Powered 1968 Ford Mustang UPDATE
Built by American Legends, CORRUPTT is a fully customized ’68 Mustang muscle car that packs a twin turbo Ferrari engine... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTOhKCsxww See the Build...
- 1967 Ford F100 Cobra Build Project
1967 Ford F100 Cobra Build Project by the Roadster Shop, Mundelein, Illinois... 1967 Ford F100 Cobra Build Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyMiaOLFYd0
- Victor Jonsson's V12 Diesel Powered 1960 Volvo PV544
This beast is the brainchild of a one Victor Jonsson, a Swedish car builder. The car is a 1960 Volvo PV544 fitted with a V12 diesel engine...
- 1932 Ford Pick-up Truck and Trailer
This Original Steel 1932 Ford pick-up truck cab has been channeled 6" (but not chopped) and has been mated with a reproduction fiberglass bed with locking tonneau cover. The truck features a 12 gallon fuel cell and battery set-up with pre-wired battery tender mounted in the truck bed. Custom frame, dropped front axle with disc brakes and 9" rear-end with drums and 15" Chrome rally wheels. [caption id="attachment_26075" align="aligncenter" width="600"] 1932 Ford Pick-up Truck...
- Sweet Pea ~ Turbo LS Four Door Nova Sleeper
Sleepers are our favorite type of build, and this 1968 Chevy Nova four door named "Sweet Pea" is a good one. It's crusty, it appears to have been built on a budget, and it really rips! Sweet Pea came into Ray Gardocki’s life as just another car to play with as he finished other projects. After digging into the Nova, Ray discovered the engine had no oil pressure. A new 4.8-liter LS engine was dropped in with help from Dynospeed Racing — that engine served Gardocki...
- Shoebox Door Hinge Rebuild ~ Cheap and Easy
Article and Photos by the-rodster aka Rich Stock shoebox door hinges are usually shot and in need of work. Saggy doors ain't cool. As far as I know, rebuild kits are not available, probably because the original hinges didn't use bushings, just steel pins. Some folks offer door hinge rebuild services for $160 to $300. I figured that there was surely a readily available pin and bushing kit that would do the job, so I went to the parts store and started measuring. Turns out,...
- Crash Test ~ 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air vs 2009 Chevy Malibu
This crash test by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety between a classic 1959 Chevrolet Bel Air and a modern sedan, the 2009 Chevy Malibu shows just how far passenger protection has come in fifty years. Watch... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPF4fBGNK0U
- E-Stopp Electric Emergency Brake Kit
The E-Stopp Electric Emergency Brake kit is a great option for those looking to eliminate the traditional foot or hand operated emergency brake systems in favor of a cleaner look. The system activates via push-button that can be mounted in unusual places, perhaps inside of a glovebox or a center console for a clean minimalist look, or you can even hide the button under the dash somewhere to use it as an anti-theft system. Our friends at E-Stopp made a short video highlighting...
- 1955 Chevrolet 3100 RestoMod Build
2nd Series 1955 Task Force Custom RestoMod Truck Build [caption id="attachment_26778" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1955 Chevrolet 3100 Build - Laying out the Camaro sub-frame and rear end.[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26771" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1955 Chevrolet 3100 Build - Crafting a frame off the sub frame using the original 1955 frame rails, cut and staggered.[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26786" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1955 Chevrolet 3100 Build -...
- How To Determine Engine and Pinion Angle
Engine and pinion angle are relative to the ground. Most engines are set at 3 degrees, this allows the carburetor to sit level, however...
- How To Determine The Age Of Your Tires
Have you ever wondered, just how old are my tires? Well, here's how to determine the age of your tires.
- 3 Most Common 4L60E Transmission Problems
Three of the most common problems found in a GM 4L60E transmission are: 3 - 4 Clutch Pack Failure Broken Drive Shell Worn TCC Regulator Valve https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcUo3rDHaLU
- How to Make Spark Plug Wires
Kyle Smith walks you through the process of building spark plug wires for your classic car... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EzUF-Kgc_8
- The Artwork of Mad Mac: Speed Drawing
Italian artist Maurizio Colangiuli, aka Mad Mac, has always been fascinated by art, design, and all that is vintage. " I love drawing or painting classic and modern pin-ups, sexy, curvy, tattooed, classic cars, American cars, hot rods and motorcycles, from custom to classic, to cafè racer." You can see more Mad Mac's artwork on his website pinupart.it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLoX5JWP1PI&t=0s&list=PLF6AzdjMgTqT87hTNMg3pDvXHAWQEC7u5&index=3
- How To Get Neat MIG Welds In 3 Steps
Here's 3 quick tips to help you get a neater looking finish on your MIG welding projects.
- 1955 Chevrolet Drag Race Rollover Crash ~ Slow Motion
At a Pikes Peak International Raceway hosted Colorado Street Outlaws race, a driver and his 1955 Chevrolet drag car start a race lined up against a Chevy Camaro. He gets the hole shot, but things quickly go awry. After a near-save, the ’55 Chevy tumbles down the strip several times before coming to a stop — but not before the driver is nearly ejected the cockpit, with his legs flying out of the windshield. Watch... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGaAJg9Puw8
- ICON Derelicts: A Romantic Marriage of Old and New
Go behind the scenes of ICON, a company in southern California that marries old cars and new technology in a truly unique way. Then, get behind the wheel of owner Jonathan Ward's 1952 Chrysler Town & Country wagon—with a 1952 De Soto Custom Sedan front clip and a modern 6.1-liter V-8 engine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIh1Sm4DyAE
- The Legend of "Jungle Pam" Hardy
Pamela Hardy, more commonly known as "Jungle Pam", was in drag racing for only four short years, yet her name remains iconic decades later.
- Bonnie and Clyde's Flathead Ford V8
A documentary about Bonnie and Clyde and their favored getaway car, the 'flathead' Ford V8.
- Supercharged 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Gasser Build
Hand Built Cars ~ This 1956 Chevy Gasser was built for George Poteet by Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois. The car rides on a custom chassis that features an independent front suspension that looks like a straight axle, and a 4-link rear suspension that looks like ladder bars. Sticking out of the hood is a supercharged LS7 V8 engine built by Wegner Motorsports. The engine makes 930 horsepower to the wheels on 18 psi of boost from a 4.5 L Whipple W275AX supercharger and two Nick Williams...
- How To Measure for a Straight Axle Spring
There are two measurements that you can use to determine what spring length you'll need for your project: Spring Perch Hole Center-Line Measurement: If you are using an axle with vertical perch bolt holes, you can simply measure hole center to hole center of the spring perch bosses (be sure to measure from the top side of the axle), then deduct 5 inches. The resulting measurement will be the length you need for a spring-over application. [caption id="attachment_25899"...
- How To Weld Gaps and Poorly Fitted Parts
Sometimes it seems that no matter how much time you spend fitting tubing, there will still be some joints that simply don't fit as nicely as you'd like them to. Making the welds strong, clean, and good looking is more challenging when the gap is not ideal. If replacing or remaking a new tube that fits better is not a practical option, then welding what you have may be your only choice. In this video, Tim McAmis demonstrates how to achieve strong, clean welds on tubing that may...
- How To Age and Patina Wood
Although you can create similar effects with pre-mixed paints and stains, new wood can be aged in minutes with a simple easy-to-use solution of household materials that can be painted on. This technique with vinegar and iron oxide is easy and effective to age, gray or "weather" new wood for use as pickup truck bed wood, bed side-gates or simply to match older finished and weathered projects. The technique is variable depending on the type of wood being used, but with this simple...
- 1936 Chevrolet Automobile Assembly Line Footage
This fascinating Chevrolet Automobile Assembly Line footage was filmed in 1936 at the Chevrolet Plant in Flint, Michigan... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPpTK2ezxL0
- The Hillbilly Surf Shop 1951 Chevy Styleline is For Sale!
For Sale! The Hillbilly Surf Shop 1951 Chevy Styleline From the Owner/Seller: I have owned this car for over 12 years, very dependable driver, crowd favorite anywhere you take it, tons of details! Has been featured on a "My Classic Car" episode, twice on "Lokar Car Show Series”, several other publications like magazine, newspaper articles, car show advertisements, recently got a spot on a rat rod calendar, tons of awards at shows in several states. Also has 30-plus autographs on...
- How To Perform a Parasitic Draw Test
Tracking down a parasitic current draw can be a nightmare — proper testing is essential to finding the battery drain. This procedure (and corresponding voltage drop charts) are applicable to Mini, Maxi, Standard ATC and JCase Cartridge fused systems.
- How to Make Battery Cables
Jeremy shows several methods for soldering large ring terminals onto heavy gauge battery cable. There are countless types and styles of terminals - Make sure to use the proper size terminals (via Amazon). Editor's Note: Never use acid core solder on electrical connections. Use rosin core solder for wires. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY9dIp6NXC4 Tools and Materials Used in this Battery Cable Tutorial Heat Shrink Tubing 1/0 wire for battery cables Gold...
- 7 of Ford's Greatest Engines Throughout History
via Car News TV ~ This video features 7 Of Ford's greatest engines throughout history including the Flathead V8, BOSS 429, and others...
- How To Apply Gold Leaf To Your Paint Job
From Power Nation Custom paint is a great touch you can add to any vehicle to set yourself apart. There are a few paint techniques that require skill but like with anything else, a little know-how and practice can get you there! One art that seems to be slowly dying off is Pinstriping. So this pinstripe trick is one that will make your ride pop - gold leafing. Gold leaf has been around for hundreds of years but only really got popular in the automotive industry back in the '50s and '60s...
- Build Watch: 1970 Dodge Charger Restomod
This 1970 Dodge Charger Restomod project began as a simple idea: a local customer owned a 1970 Charger in high school, and decided he wanted another one. [caption id="attachment_26437" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1970 Dodge Charger Restomod Concept Drawing Front[/caption] This clean coupe took 3,000 hours to build — it's nickname is "Charged" — the car was built and charged to customer's American Express credit card! [caption id="attachment_26438" align="aligncenter"...
- Survivor: 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe Hot Rod
Kenny Emberly tells the story behind his 1932 5 Window Coupe, an old California hot rod survivor... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4N31kg9g1g
- Why Custom Builds and Show Cars Are So Expensive
Wonder why the build costs of some of the vehicles we show on the channel are so outrageous? Here's why.
- E-Charger ~ A Revolutionary Bolt-on Electronic Supercharger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9kL_AODoqQ The E-Charger is Revolutionary The E-Charger is a revolutionary new bolt-on technology that increases power without sacrificing fuel economy or emissions. The E-Charger applies stored energy via the electric motor to assist the internal combustion or compression ignition engine when extra power is needed How It Works The E-Charger applies stored energy via the electric motor to assist the internal combustion or compression ignition engine when...
- 1956 Ford F100 Pickup Truck Build
From Hand Built Cars ~ 1956 Ford F100 Pickup Truck Build ~ Cab Swapped https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMSLeJYTEiw Full Build Thread: ford-trucks.com/forums
- 1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RS ~ Full OEM Restoration
After sitting since 1995, this rare Z28 Chevrolet Camaro arrived at MetalWorks in Eugene, Oregon for a full OEM restoration. The numbers matching LT1 was still present in this amazing survivor that spent its whole life in California. MetalWorks took the Z28 from ground zero of acid dip through a full factory restoration... https://youtu.be/y8UL9jFY9nQ
- 1958 Chevrolet Biscayne Engine Compartment Refresh
This 1958 Chevrolet Biscayne was brought to the shop running, but in desperate need of some TLC. The engine was pulled and given a full refresh of all the consumables (plugs, wires, hoses, belts, etc.)... [caption id="attachment_26109" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1958 Chevrolet Biscayne Engine Compartment Before[/caption] While the engine was out, it also got a fresh coat of Chevrolet Orange and Black engine enamel, and the engine compartment was fully cleaned. Some minor...
- Penetrating Oil Showdown ~ Which Penetrating Fluid is Best?
This test demonstrates that not all penetrating oils are equal and shows which ones actually penetrate and which ones don't!
- Master Cylinder Installation and Bench Bleeding Procedure
This helpful video tutorial simply demonstrates step-by-step how to bench bleed a new master cylinder... https://youtu.be/lNtMx_4PBtk
- 1931 Chevy Rat Rod Build
1931 Chevy Rat Rod Complete Build Video Playlist See Also: 1931 Chevy Rat Rod Build From Start To Finish (clips from 84 videos condensed down to one hour) [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/embed?listType=playlist&list=PL17ffBx4Y_BMDyahu40XxaOGvfoP78Tqt&v=NbcsPhfvPdM&layout=gallery[/embedyt]
- How To Identify And Measure Bolts
From PowerNation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsLEsVFdP-4 You can tell the difference between the thread pitch, diameter, and length of the bolt. When it comes to grade, you can tell by the markings on top. The bolts shown are easily identified as grade 1 or 2 because there aren't any marks indicating they're any stronger. These bolts can handle about 60,000-74,000 psi. Grade 5 bolts will have the 3 marks on the top. These are pretty typical for automotive application and have a...
- How To Repair a Twisted Cable End with a Simple Homemade Tool
Repairing a twisted brake or throttle cable with a simple homemade tool in just minutes — Easy and functional. Check it out.
- The 57
Dubbed simply "The 57", this Steve Darnell/Welderup built tri-five Chevrolet is no stranger to tire melting burn-outs... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEsi1pSgm1g
- DIY Muffler Installation Tips from Cherry Bomb
From Sam Slick at Cherry Bomb... "You know, the overwhelming number of questions we field here are from do-it-yourselfers who enjoy working on their own vehicles, and who may have little or no experience with exhaust projects. Over the years, we have honed our skills through blood, sweat, and tears and we would like to share our gained efficiencies with you." ~ Sam Slick General Muffler Installation Guidelines Use sturdy jack stands backed up with a floor jack as a minimum lift and...
- 1934 Plymouth Hot Rod Hidden for 30 Years
This 1934 Plymouth hot rod, built by Charles Berry in 1965, has been rescued and put back on the road after more than 30 years — follow the journey as we rescue a historic hot rod and get it running again. In this video, I explain the history of the car, and how it entered my shop, as well as the steps it took to get it back on the road. The car has a pretty cool history, so enjoy the old pictures from the 1960's and 1970's and see how this car was built on a high school kids's budget in the...
- DIY Front Disc Brake Conversion for 1947-59 Chevy and GMC Trucks
1947-59 Chevrolet and GMC Truck Front Disc Brake Conversion Restoration Expert and Custom Car Builder David Welch shows us step-by-step how to easily convert a 1947-59 Chevrolet or GMC Pickup to disc brakes... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS4g6VTmBCs Front Disc Brake Conversion Kits from BROTHERS Truck Parts 1947-54 – https://www.brotherstrucks.com/Disc-Brake-Conversions/products/1277/ 1955-59 – https://www.brotherstrucks.com/Disc-Brake-Conversions/products/1565/ Classic...
- 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Buried for 50 Years
Just imagine a free, all original, 1957 Plymouth Belvedere, a true classic car with only 4 miles on the odometer. Sounds amazing right? Well, there's a catch.
- 1955 Chevy Bel Air LSx Engine Swap Build aka "Tire Killer"
Take a look at Danny Omasta's LSx Engine Swapped 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air build, aka "Tire Killer".
- How To Bed In Brake Pads
Brake pad bedding is an important process that removes impurities from the surface of the brake pad and lays down a thin layer of pad residue on the rotor surface. Proper bedding starts with new pads being run through one complete heat cycle and then cooled before using them — either in race conditions, or before you put your faith in your binders on the open road, where anything can happen. Follow these easy guidelines and enjoy quiet, smooth and long-lasting braking. While every...
- I Bought an Inflatable Paint Spray Booth from China!
It looks like a Bounce House but it is a fully functional, ventilated spray booth ordered directly from China.
- SH*T BOX OF DOOM ~ Most Ridiculous Station Wagon EVER!
Two NHRA licensed drivers spent a night out drinking, and ended up putting an alcohol burning funny car engine in a station wagon! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iib0vI5eKHg
- 1934 DeSoto Airflow Custom by Bad Chad Customs
Bad Chad Customs took on a commission to build a custom 1930s style delivery truck, starting with a discarded 1934 DeSoto Airflow coupe.
- 15 Vintage Campers That Will Take You Back In Time
Campers have changed over the years, but it's surprising that features available today aren't vastly different from 40-50 years ago.
- 1946-1964 Willys Jeep Pickup Truck
Willys Trucks (Production Total: Over 200,000) are not as well known as the ubiquitous and familiar "Jeep" (CJ Universal) or Station Wagon, but Willys did produce a number of different truck models, including the Pickup, Stake Bed, and Cab & Chassis models. [caption id="attachment_25989" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] 1946-1964 Willys Jeep Pickup Truck Bed[/caption] Similar to the Willys Jeep Wagon, and equipped with the same 134 cu in "Go-Devil" engine and 3-speed...
- Easy Chrome ~ Brush or Spray-On Chrome Alternative
Easy Chrome is a chrome paint that provides a water-proof chrome finish that looks like real chrome. It can be used to repair real chrome as well as scratched, dented, or rusted chrome.
- 1965 Dodge A100 Pickup Restoration Project
Builder: Kevin Allen It was in Kansas and I lived in the Atlanta, GA area at the time. It ran, which was one of my desires when I started looking for one. This proves that I am a glutton for punishment, so I flew to where she was and drove her back. The gentleman I bought it from told me "I have no reason to believe it won't be alright to drive that far, but I wouldn't do it".. Pretty good line really. So as I climbed in and backed it out of the heated shop into a snow storm, I began my...
- 805hp Boss Nine 1969 Ford Mustang Build
1969 Ford Mustang built by Anvil Auto... Engine: 520ci Boss 9 built by Jon Kaase Racing CNC Aluminum block and heads 4.390-inch bore 4.300-inch stroke Scat forged Steel crank Scat H-beam forged steel 9.8:1 compression ratio Diamond forged aluminum pistons Comp Cams hydraulic roller 246/254-degree duration at 0.050, 0.607/0.607-inch lift on a 110 LSA, Comp retro-fit roller lifters Kaase single-plane Boss 9 intake manifold modified for fuel injection by Wilson...
- Reverence ~ Building a Hellcat Powered 1969 Dodge Charger
'69 Dodge Charger Full Restomod with Customized Chassis and Hellcat Engine Swap This car was built from a '69 Dodge Charger Body, a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat chassis and a 6.2L Supercharged HEMI from a 2016 Charger Hellcat. The car is called "Reverence" and was built by Cleveland Power & Performance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMwLX06msNM
- Junk Yard Rescue - 1958 Ford Cabover Truck
This 1958 Ford COE Truck is another sweet junkyard rescue project from the crew at Lourenco Customs.
- Rust Remover Showdown ~ Which retail rust remover is best?
Several tests in this video demonstrate the strengths and weaknesses of various retail brand rust removal products: CLR Krud Kutter Evap-Rust Loctite Naval Jelly Muriatic Acid Vinegar Coca Cola [caption id="attachment_27840" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Which retail rust remover is best?[/caption] Which retail brand rust removal product works the best? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-MC_ZEXQbw After conducting the tests, Krud Cutter earns the best rust...
- 1968 Pontiac Firebird Pro Touring RestoMod Build
The owner of this 1968 Pontiac Firebird had been collecting for the project over the years, and with this stash of parts, decided to start the build. As with any proper restomod or restoration project, he got started with disassembly, stripped the Firebird down to a bare shell, and had the body sand blasted. What the sand lasting uncovered was a level of body repair simply beyond his capabilities. Several months later, the Firebird arrived at MetalWorks in Eugene, OR for a full...
- 9 Spray Paint Myths and Misconceptions
Custom Spray Mods put together a quick video about some common aerosol spray painting mistakes and frequently asked questions... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7he7VBJaJ_E
- 1954 Chevrolet 5700 COE Duramax Diesel Hauler Build
This 4×4 Toy Hauler sports a custom bed, Custom 4-Link rear suspension, Big Rig Air Suspension, Push Button 6-speed, Custom Turbo System.
- Seven Day Build: London Taxi Transformed Into Rat Rod Van
An eccentric mechanic has converted a London taxi into a crazy rat rod van in just seven days... [caption id="attachment_26287" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Paul Bacon from Leicestershire London[/caption] 44-year-old Paul Bacon, from Leicestershire, London spent £450 ($590 US) on a traditional black taxi cab. With a vision and some lumber, fiberglass and expanding foam, Paul managed to construct a rusty, crusty rat rod that now serves as his shop van. It took Paul just...
- 1965 Lincoln Continental RestoMod Build
This 1965 Lincoln Continental was purchased on eBay sight unseen, and when the shipping company delivered the car, the new owner quickly realized why you should never do this — despite the description, the car was in poor condition.
- How To Do A Patina Paint Job
The Patina Paint Job on this Bagged 1964 Chevy C10 was one of our winter projects. Here's how to do a patina paint job.
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS RestoMod Build
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS LS3 585 hp Restomod Project built by the Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyZiXLMnAs
- How To Keep Your Vehicle From Getting Stolen
Stacey David shows you how to prevent someone from stealing your ride - from simple free ways to some that are a little more in depth.
- Understanding Automotive Relays
A relay is essentially a switch that is operated electrically rather than mechanically. Although there are various relay designs, the ones most commonly found in low voltage automotive applications are electro-mechanical relays that work by activating an electromagnet to pull a set of contacts to make or break a circuit. These are used extensively throughout vehicle electrical systems. Inside a relay, you'll find; electromagnet coil, contacts, and spring. The...
- Why Ford's Flathead V8 Engine Died
How Ford's Flathead V8 Engine Works, And Why It Disappeared
- Do Smoke Screens Work in a Car Chase?
We've all seen it before: a car chase is going down in a spy film. The driver hits a sneaky switch. Shoots out a plume of smoke, and gets away. So we see if that actually works... except we're not a secret government agency building cars. We're Hoonigan. It goes exactly how you think it would... The Hoonigans Find Out... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxekMUq6IoM Thanks to The Grand Tour Game for making Scumbag Labs possible!
- 1940 Plymouth Coupe Hot Rod Chop Top Kustom Build
Video from RestoMod ~ Build by HAMB Member cgc1958 from North Hollywood, California... Cutting Up A 1940 Plymouth Coupe Why would you want to do that you say? Because it's gonna be cool, why else!! Yes, it is a beautiful car, yes it has beautiful paint, but we love Kustoms and fortunately the owner of this car does too. Yes, we could royally screw the pooch. That is true... but fingers crossed we won't. How could we do this you ask? Well it all started when we were caravanning to the...
- Don't Coast in Neutral and Other Bad Automatic Transmission Habits
via Engineering Explained... 5 Things You Should Never Do With An Automatic Transmission Five bad automatic transmission driving habits. Is it okay to coast down a hill in neutral? Should you put the car in neutral when you come to a stop? What is the safest way to launch an automatic car? Is it okay to switch from Reverse to Drive while the vehicle is moving? What happens when you put the vehicle in Park? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zzEtxJkC7Y
- 2019 NSRA Event Schedule
NSRA Southeast Street Rod Nationals Florida State Fairgrounds Tampa, FL April 5th-7th, 2019 NSRA Southwest Street Rod Nationals State Fair Park Oklahoma City, OK April 12th-14th, 2019 NSRA Western Street Rod Nationals Kern County Fairgrounds Bakersfield, CA April 26th-28th, 2019 NSRA Street Rod Nationals-South Chilhowee Park & Exposition Center Knoxville, TN May 3rd-5th, 2019 NSRA Mid-America Street Rod Nationals Ozark Empire Fairgrounds Springfield, MO May...
- Why Chevrolet Abandoned the 1962-65 Fuel Injected 327 V8 Engine
The 1962-1965 Chevrolet fuel injected 327 cubic-inch V8 was one of the most state-of-the-art engines produced during the 1960s.
- Gabriel Iglesias' 1966 Volkswagen Samba
One of our favorite comedians, Gabriel Iglesias, brings by his beloved VW bus, a pristine version of his very first ride.
- History of Cherry Bomb Glasspack Mufflers
Cherry Bomb®Glasspacks The original high performance Cherry Bomb® with its straight-through design maximizes horsepower and offers those classic rumble and bark sounds for cars and trucks. Straight-Thru Design 100% Welded Construction Classic Cherry Bomb® Red Paint Reversible Design for Maximum Installation Flexibility Compact Round Body Size History of Cherry Bomb Glasspacks on Stacey David's GearZ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFgkiGyeqOI
- Volkswagen Split Window Snail Camper Van Build
The guys from Yumos Garage (Indonesia) transformed a Volkswagen bus into a fantastically beautiful Snail Camper-van.
- BAGGED ~ 1969 Chevrolet Impala RestoMod
From Combustion Chamber: BAGGED ~ 1969 Chevrolet Impala RestoMod... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZAohZKnHEM
- Echo: Made In The Shade - A Hot Rodder's Documentary
Echo Tescier, a hot rod builder in LA, was followed for three days with a camera and microphone. From his back alley shop under the trees, he turns out beautiful rods, both shiny and rat rods. His minimalist lifestyle is dedicated to building and driving fast hot rods... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7J4h6d_vEI
- Most Violent Diesel We’ve Ever Seen (3000lb/ft of Torque)
We absolutely love when we come across some intense diesel cars or trucks, and this one definitely falls into that category.
- How To Remove Glass Scratches and Windshield Wiper Marks
Sweet Project Cars demonstrates how even bad scratches in windshield glass can be removed with the correct tools and supplies.
- 50 Man Cave Garage Ideas
A compilation of Garages, Man Caves and related inspirational images with ideas in each image that could take your space to the next level.
- How To Read and Understand Spark Plugs
A spark plug delivers electric current from the ignition system in the combustion chamber to ignite the compressed air/fuel mixture.
- Tim Allen's New Toy ~ 1953 Ford F-100 Custom Pickup: FR100
Meet FR100 ~ Tim Allen's New Toy, a 1953 Ford F-100 Custom Pickup purchased at Barrett-Jackson Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona 2019
- How To Tune an Edelbrock Carburetor
Engines depend on carburetors to perform well under all conditions. An adjustment error can affect the entire engine. Here's how to tune your Edelbrock carburetor.
- 1953 Chevrolet COE Custom Chop Top Truck Build
This (well narrated) video series documents the build of a 1953 Chevrolet COE (Cab Over Engine) Truck over the course of six years.
- 1939 Ford Junkyard Hot Rod Revival
Hopefully, this patina queen 1939 Ford Tudor is going to make a return trip to its last resting place under its own power.
- Tech Talk ~ Early Ford Drum Brake Options
Early Ford Drum Brake Options https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD-Wk2heBH8 Bendix Style Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12 x 2 Inch (91065420) http://bit.ly/2996O9R Bendix Style Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Spindles, 12 x 1-3/4 Inch (91065410) http://bit.ly/28YhiuR Bendix Style Emergency Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Rear, 12 x 1-3/4 Inch (91065430) http://bit.ly/28Z7JJv Bendix Style Emergency Brakes for 1937-48 Ford Rear, 12 x 2 Inch (91065440) http://bit.ly/29hi034
- How To Diagnose and Repair a Hydraulic Bottle Jack
If your hydraulic bottle jack will no longer lift a load, it is most likely repairable with an easy fix.
- Buried 1955 Chevrolet Gasser and a True Barn Find 409 Engine
We tried to dig up a 1955 Chevy Gasser that had been buried for 50 years, and manage to save the 409 engine that powered it in the 1960's.
- Estate Auction Adventure ~ 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe Barn Find
Matt from Iron Trap Garage hooks up the truck and trailer and heads to Carlisle, Pennsylvania for a big estate auction where an original 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe and early Harley Davidsons were found in the barn... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5YIp_xsNJQ
- Take a Tour of a Two-Story Spartan Manor Trailer
Shirley Wallace’ lived in this two-story Spartan Manor travel trailer from age three until she went off to college 16 years later in 1969.
- BUG MD ~ Murilo Dutra's Bagged '64 Beetle
Murilo Dutra dubbed his bagged '64 Fusca (Portuguese for Beetle) the "Hood Ride Devil"... [caption id="attachment_26396" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Murilo Dutra's Bagged '64 Beetle ~ Rear[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26395" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Murilo Dutra's Bagged '64 Beetle ~ Profile[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26394" align="aligncenter" width="1024"] Murilo Dutra's Bagged '64 Beetle ~ Pinstripe Detail[/caption] [caption id="attachment_26390"...
- 1941 Willys Americar Coupe Pro-Touring Build
Detroit Speed transforms this '41 Willys Americar Coupe into a Pro-Touring street cruiser with a hand formed steel body.
- 1959 Chevrolet El Camino Sleeper Build
From RestoMod ~ 1959 Chevrolet El Camino Sleeper Build by the Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois.
- Ernie Adams' Dwarf Car Museum in Maricopa, AZ
Dennis travels to Ernie Adams' Dwarf Car Museum in Maricopa, AZ.
- Insane Motorcycle Engine Swaps
From Motorbikes Style ~ When Mechanics Lose Their Minds: Insane Motorcycle Engine Swaps... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHZzIFRrpg
- 1949 Chevrolet Fleetline Chop Top
1949 Chevrolet Fleetline Top Chopped by Good Fellows Kustom Shop ~ Front 4" ~ Middle 5.5" ~ Rear 2.75"
- Life Size Hot Wheels Cars ~ Fireball 500 and The Red Baron
Dennis goes for a spin in the George Barris built Fireball 500 and the Tom Daniel's designed Red Baron built by Chuck Miller.
- How To Pot Hole Proof You Car
Handyman Corner on the Red Green Show ~ Pot Hole Proof Car...
- Body Hammer Use, Shapes and Designs Explained
What the different shapes of Body Hammers are used for, the intended uses of each, as well as alternative uses for some of them.
- 1966 Ford Fairlane 427 Twin Turbo Street/Strip RestoMod Build
Builder V8 Billy’s 1966 Ford Fairlane Twin Turbo 427 RestoMod was built for Street and Strip.
- 10 Weird, Extreme and Amazing Home-Built Vehicles
In this video you will see 10 weird, extreme and amazing home-built vehicles.
- The Diesel Weasel Mow-Cart Rat Rod Lawn Mower
Canadian road laws inspire Ontario man to build flame-throwing “mow-kart” instead of full-size rat rod.
- Zombie Body Shop Combines 5 Trucks Into "BIG BANDIT"
Zombie Body Shop from Canada combined 5 different trucks to form the basis of this unique truck, dubbed "BIG BANDIT".
- Looking Back at Herbie Through The Years
Everyone remembers "The Love Bug” — Herbie began his film career in 1969 co-starring next to Dean Jones, Buddy Hackett, and Michele Lee in the Disney comedy. People remember Herbie as a car with a mind and personality of his own. He would race, and beat, cars that should have been much faster. From wheelies to getting even with the competition, Herbie did everything with a style all his own. The following documentary discusses the changes to Herbie between...
- The World's Fastest Indian
The story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years building a 1920 Indian motorcycle — a bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.
- 20 Vintage Vehicle Designs That Define Cool
from Minds Eye Design ~ Here is our list of 20 vintage vehicle designs that define cool..
- 70th Annual Grand National Roadster Show ~ AMBR Contenders
2019 America's Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR) Contenders Building America’s Most Beautiful Roadster is George Poteet’s 1936 Ford The Grand National Roadster Show celebrated its 70th Anniversary at the Fairplex in Pomona, California with astounding displays — This is the longest running indoor car show in the world, and continues to draw people and car owners from all over the world. This video shows all the contenders for America's Most Beautiful Roadster (AMBR), as well as a...
- How To Balance a Driveshaft
DIY Driveshaft Balancing ~ How To Balance a Driveshaft in a RWD Vehicle Yourself At Home...
- Viva Las Vegas 2019 Rockabilly Weekend and Car Show
There’s chopped tops, flaked roofs, and miles of pinstriping, so enjoy this massive video to see what you’re missing at Viva Las Vegas 2019.
- How To Remove Surface Rust
Cleaning off surface rust and polishing a 1963 Oldsmobile 98...
- How To Make a Radius Bending Fixture for Sheet Metal
Ron Covell shows how easy it is to build a radius bending attachment that mounts to a workbench.
- 1967 Chevy C/28 Project by Foose Design
Chip Foose chronicles his 1967 Chevy C-10 truck build, showing you projects and solutions you can apply at home along the way.
- How To Use a Speed Square Like a Boss
From Classic Work ~ How To Use a Speed Square Like a Boss ~ In Inches and Metric...
- 31 Best DIY Tools and Ideas 2018
Scrap Metal and Skills ~ These are the Top 31 Best DIY Handmade / Homemade Tools and Ideas of 2018.
- Top 5 Under $5 ~ Best Harbor Freight Tools
From Real Tool Reviews ~ Top 5 Under $5 ~ The Best tools that you can buy at Harbor Freight under $5! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IEfv3yeKPA Links to Harbor Freight Tools in this Video (non-affiliate links) 5. 1/2 In. Grommet Installation Kit 104 Pc 4. Funnel Tray 3. Battery Terminal Cleaner 2. Mini Pick and Hook Set 1. 215 Lumen Magnetic Pocket Worklight Which Harbor Freight tools are your favorites? Leave a comment below and tell everyone about them!
- Harley FatBoy ~ The Ultimate Bobber Build
Get nine days of bad ass bobber build and fabrication action crammed into just minutes...
- 1954 Chevrolet Bel Air Big Block Build
Mike Walker invested 20 years into building his 1954 Chevy Bel Air.
- What Are The Best And Worst Small Block Chevrolet 350 Heads
So, you're building a budget small block Chevy 350 — what heads should you be looking for and which should you stay away from.
- How To Chop a Top in 3 Hours
This is a top chop on a 1946 Ford truck cab we did overnight in 3 hours — there's a few tips in the video intended to make chops easier.
- 5 Things You Should Know About the VW Microbus
The Volkswagen Type 2, better known as the Microbus, VW Van, Hippie Bus, Kombi, or whatever else, maybe one of Jason Torchinsky's favorite vehicles of all time. Here are 5 amazing things that stand out about Volkswagen's iconic Microbus... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEEXetPS_lY
- How To Mount a 6.0 Liter LS Engine to an Older GM TH350 Transmission
A demonstartion of how to get an older TH350 transmission and torque converter bolted up to an LS engine with No Adapter Required!
- 100 Cool Bobber Motorcycle Project Ideas
Here's 100 Cool Bobber Motorcycle Ideas to Motivate and Inspire Your Project...
- Dozens of Classic Cars Saved From Collapsed Barn Up For Sale
An amazing collection of classic cars is up for sale after the Brookville, Penn., barn they’d been stored in for decades collapsed and its owner passed away at the age of 100.
- 1969 Ford F100 5.0 Coyote Swap / 6-Speed Project
Builder and Owner: Hackster ~ 1969 Ford F100 5.0 Coyote Swap / 6-Speed Project
- Mini Rats, Rods and Go-Karts
This video features mini rat rods, go-karts and other small-engine and mini rides...
- Demented ~ A 1958 Chevrolet Viking Hot Rod Truck
Ball Metal Fab of Arkansas built this 1958 Chevrolet Viking 40 into an insane muscle truck dubbed "Demented" for Evapo-Rust...
- Radical Rat Rods and Mad Max Style Cars & Trucks
A collection of crazy and bad-ass Mad Max style rat rods...
- Abandoned 1963 Impala SS Found and Rescued
A long abandoned 1963 Chevrolet Impala SS 4-speed car has been pulled out of the woods and rescued after 40 years.
- Custom Dodge Power Wagons by Desert Power Wagons
Desert Power Wagons are handcrafted transformations of Dodge Power Wagons into beautiful works of art that you will be proud to drive.
- How To Restore Leather Seats In 10 Minutes For Cheap
How to repair and restore cracked and worn leather seats. This process works every time and works great on all real leather.
- 1970 Chevy P10 Step-Van to LS-Powered Badass Bread-Box Build
This badass 1970 Chevrolet P10 Step Van dubbed “Windy City Tower” has been worked over and upgraded from the ground up.
- How To Identify a 4L60E Transmission and Decipher Case Tags
This video discusses various case changes and other differences of the 4l60E Transmission variaitions since 1993.
- Volksrods and VW Beetle Rods
Volksrods are modified Volkswagen beetles. VW Beetles are affordable, easy to find, and easy to find parts for...
- Top 10 Greatest Movie Car Chases from the 80's
Counting down the top 10 best movie car chase scenes from the 1980's...
- How To Solder Wires Like A Pro
In this video you'll learn the tools, tips, tricks, and techniques to properly solder — from what type of solder and flux you should use, to how to splice the wires together for a strong soldered joint.
- The $500,000 Coyote Truck ~ A 1955 Ford F100
This 1955 Ford F100 underwent a three and a half year transformation that cost in the neighborhood of $500,000!
- DIY Tricks For Removing Stubborn or Broken Bolts
Davin Reckow is here to show you the tools and techniques you’ll need to get those frustrating bolts out of the way.
- Hell On Wheels: 1958 Chevy Bel Air Gasser ~ Daddys Thing
Sadly, much of our drag racing heritage is fading into the sunset of time due to the passing of legends. It doesn't help that storied tracks where drag racing put its stamp on America are being destroyed. But all hope is not lost, racing enthusiasts like Ted Beach and his gasser are helping preserve 1320 history.
- How To MIG Weld In Tight Spaces and Corners
Matt Urch of Urchfab demonstrates a little trick for getting your MIG welds into those tight corners and spaces.
- CORRUPTT ~ Ferrari Twin Turbo Powered 1968 Ford Mustang Build
Built by American Legends, CORRUPTT is a fully customized '68 Mustang muscle car that packs a twin turbo Ferrari engine. Watch the build.
- Most Amazing Views of Route 66 ~ An Aerial Documentary
Thousands of miles, fuel, and dollars and over 2 1/2 years of obtaining footage resulted in never before seen perspectives of Route 66.
- How To Make a Mini Bar from a Jerry Can
Make a simple mini bar from Jerry can — the same concept could be used to make storage for anything within the can.
- 4 Rat Rod Air Ride Suspension Designs That Lay Body and Ride Smooth
Village Customs Rat Rod Shop shows you four distinct types of rat rod air suspension setups that will lay body and ride smoothly.
- 1976 Winnebago Chieftain with 6.0 Liter Turbo LS Engine Swap
From Regular Car Reviews ~ This Turbo LS Swapped Winnebago motor home was built by Justin and Corey.
- Lifted and 4x4 Classic Trucks
A compilation of Lifted Classic Trucks and 4x4 Classic Trucks from Mountain Smoke Garage... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBurJfOLqF8
- 30 Best Upcycled Car Part Ideas
30 examples of vehicular furnishings and automotive decor made with car and truck parts and pieces that have been discarded.
- Review: Central Hydraulics Scissor Lift from Harbor Freight
Raise cars or trucks to 56 in. with this 6000 lb. capacity steel-plated auto lift! This auto lift includes the lift, electro-hydraulic pump, hydraulic hose, dolly and four saddle pads so you can get started immediately.
- Burt Munro: Offerings to the God of Speed
Burt Munro was a New Zealand motorcycle racer, famous for setting an under-1,000 cc world record, at Bonneville in 1967. The record still stands.
- 1962 Volkswagen Bug Volksrod Build
The top was chopped 4 inches and the body fitted with suicide doors. The chassis is set-up with 1972 I.R.S. and the front-end was extended 10-1/2" and the trailing arms were flipped.
- Project Vehicles For Sale ~ Martell's Salvage, North Dakota
Martell's Salvage has more than 4,000 vehicles on hand, the bulk of which are fully restorable project vehicles.
- How To Weld Common Joints Using Flux Core Wire MIG Welder
Welding common joints using a flux core MIG welder - introduces you to the types of welds involved, and demonstrates how they are produced.
- How To Make a Hydraulic Press with No Welding
In this DIY project, a Hydraulic Press is constructed using a 5 Ton Hydraulic Bottle Jack without any welding.
- 1941 International Cummins Diesel Powered Rat Rod
This 1941 International Harvester KB5 2-Ton Truck is a Dodge Cummins Diesel 91 powered Rat Rod.
- 1962 Lincoln Continental ~ Executive Demo
From Petrolicious... Growing up in Pittsburgh, Rich Plavetich became a car enthusiast in his grandfather’s garage while the two of them worked on the white Lincoln Continental featured in this film. It came to the family in a roundabout way — the original Continental sold to his grandfather as a new car was in fact a used car, which was replaced with this “executive demo” example — but it set Rich on a path from an early age. At just 19 years old, he landed a job at GM Design,...
- Pancho Villa's Ride? Car Parked 100 Years Over Old Tunnel in Mexico
This 1914 Mitchell has been parked 100 years over a tunnel built in 1911 in Juarez, Mexico during the Mexican Revolution of 1910-1920.
- How To Make Polyurethane Engine and Transmission Mounts
In this detailed video you'll learn how to make polyurethane engine and transmission mounts from liquid polyurethane.
- How To Break a Tire Bead Quickly and Safely with Common Tools
This video demonstrates how to quickly, easily and safely break even the most stubborn tire bead with a floor jack and a ratchet strap.
- How To Build a Model A Roadster in 12 Minutes
Self-taught hot rodders Hernán and Emiliano put together a Ford Model A Roadster in this 12-minute time-lapse build video.
- The Keeper ~ A True 426 Horsepower HEMI Engine
Nick Panaritis rebirths his own classic 426 HEMI — Watch and listen as it is brought back to life and then pushed beyond the red line!
- The Racecar Twist ~ How To Join Wires Reliably Without Solder
A quick tech tip for joining two wires together. The advantages of this over crimping or soldering are speed, reliability, and flexibility.
- 700HP Shelby GT500 Powered 1966 Lincoln Continental Build
The guys at Divers Street Rods have taken two iconic Fords separated by about 50 years and joined them together into one gorgeous creation.
- How To Drill a Hole in the Center of Any Rod
In this tutorial, Johnny show the simplest way to drill a perfectly centered hole in any small rod with simple tools — no lathe required.
- Old School Small Block Chevy 350 vs LS1 Comparison
Side by side comparison of an old school small block Chevy 350 engine vs an modern LS1 engine.
- How To Make Simple Dimple Dies for Sheet Metal
DIY Dimple Dies ~ A simple how to video for making dimples in sheet metal panels. No expensive tooling or fancy tools were used.
- 14 DIY Tools and Ideas You Can Make At Home
14 DIY Tools and Ideas that can be hand-made at home, with scrap metal and basic hardware using shop and hand tools.
- This Diesel Motorcycle Is Built From Everything... Including The Kitchen Sink
With rims from a Camry, a p-trap from a sink, a diesel motor from a cement mixer, this hodgepodge motorcycle is one badass diesel custom...
- The DUEL Movie Truck ~ Brad Wike's Peterbilt
This is the real Duel Movie truck owned by Brad Wike of NC. This is the only surviving truck from Steven Spielberg's first film: DUEL (1971)
- Penny Hemi ~ 500hp HEMI Powered 1927 Ford Model T
500hp HEMI Powered 1927 Ford Model T dubbed "Penny Hemi" ~ "As long as you don't crash it's safe"
- Old School Tech ~ How To Reverse Steel Wheels
From the Old School Tech files: How To Reverse Steel Wheels.
- 1948 Chevrolet 3100 to Mazda B2200 Chassis / Body Swap
The marriage of a 1948 Chevrolet 3100 pickup truck and a Mazda B2200 pickup truck.
- How To Refill or Recharge Aerosol Spray Cans
How to refill / recharge aerosol spray cans. Two methods to refill the propellant in are demonstrated - throw away less and save money!
- Honda S2000 Engine Swapped Ford Model A
Inside Ricky Boada's Ford Model A with a Honda S2000 engine swap. Ricky shows you around, drives around, and goes over future turbo plans.
- Ford Model T Redesign ~ What if it made a comeback today?
The Ford Model T is one of the most important cars ever made. We re-design it to see what it could look like if it came back today.
- Sylvester Stallone's 1955 Ford F100 ~ West Coast Customs
Sylvester Stallone's movie "The Expendables" features a 1955 Ford F100 truck, which had to be fully built for silver screen worthiness.
- How To Understand Wheel Specs
Choosing new wheels is an exciting part of a build. Aside from paint, it's what makes your ride stand out the most. The first step to choosing new wheels is, of course, the design but it doesn't stop there. You then have to decide what size you want between width, bolt pattern and offset. So here's a crash course on what all those numbers mean. When measuring for wheels, you aren't measuring the physical size of the wheel but instead the surface that the bead of the tire mounts to. The same...
- 5 Super Easy Spray Paint Tricks and Effects
From Commando Designs, these are 5 Super Easy Spray Paint Tricks and Effects.
- Does Material Surface Prep Matter? TIG Carbon, Stainless, Aluminum
In TIG welding material prep is as important as the welding itself...Or is it? Weld.com tests that theory by prepping carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum in a variety of ways to see if preparation really makes a difference... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF8n8W2k0ZI
- 10 Vintage Campers That Were Ahead Of Their Time
Not every vintage camper was a huge commercial success. Even nowadays, new and unique designs are often loved or scorned by the public.
- Extreme Widebody 1967 Ford Mustang Meets C5 Corvette Build
Mustang Kyle's '67 Mustang underwent an extreme widebody modification and now tops a '99 C5 Corvette with 5.7-liter LS1 V-8 engine.
- How To Turn a Stick Welder Into a TIG Welder
Weld.com demonstrates how to turn any stick welder into a TIG welder with a few simple changes.
- Two Minute Tech ~ How To Shorten A Driveshaft
From Power Nation Garage ~ How To Shorten A Driveshaft on this episode of Two Minute Tech.
- 1928 Ford Model A Tudor Rat Rod Build
From Hand Built Cars ~ Hardknox Kustoms 1928 Ford Model A Tudor Rat Rod Build Project.
- "Old Blue" After the Build ~ Coyote Powered 1968 F100
Grenade Motorsports and the 1968 F100 Coyote powered pickup six months after the build -- How is it now? It's pretty kickass actually.
- 1/2" Torque Wrench Showdown ~ Snap-On vs Harbor Freight ICON
Real Tool Reviews pitts the Snap-on 1/2" Drive Torque Wrench head-to-head against the Harbor Freight ICON 1/2 in. Drive Torque Wrench.
- Ford F-100 T5 5 Speed Transmission Swap on Budget
An inexpensive and reliable solution to swap a 5 Speed Transmission into a Ford F-100 on a Budget. Parts List Included.
- Differences Between Limited Slip Differentials
Most vehicles on the road today have some sort of differential fitted in the drive axle. As you go around corners the inside wheel always spins slower than the outside wheel because it has a shorter path to take. If the two wheels were solidly connected, the inside would skid around which leads to accelerated tire wear and unpredictable handling. You don't want to deal with that every day, so a differential is installed to allow a split in speed between the two wheels. Car guys prefer maximum...
- 1964 Mercury Marauder ~ The Odyssey
The distinctively American sound of the Mercury’s V8 is enough to make you nostalgic or deaf depending on how close you are.
- 10 Retro Motorhomes, Groovy Caravans and Classic Campers
What was your favorite motorhome or caravan? These motorhomes, caravans and travel trailers are sure to bring back some memories.
- How To Repair a Cracked Padded Dashboard
This video shows the step-by-step procedures for restoring a padded dashboard.
- A Collection of Custom Bubble Top Cars
From Mountain Smoke Garage ~ A Collection of Custom Bubble Top Cars
- Barn Find ~ 1932 Ford "The Dewar Coupe"
"The Dewar Coupe" is a 1932 Ford 3 window coupe parked in the early 60's in Pasadena, California and was last registered in 1961.
- 1961 Ford F100 ~ P71 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor Chassis Swap
Chassis swapping a 1961 Ford F100 unibody pickup truck onto a 2008 P71 Crown Victoria police interceptor frame...
- How To Turn Pump Gas Into High Octane Race Fuel
Race Gas is a fuel concentrate that can be added to pump gas to raise the octane a full 4 points per 2 ounces of mix
- This Hot Rod VW Doesn't Follow Any Rules
Jamie Lathwell tells the story behind his home-built Hot Rod VW and where his inspiration came from for "Shear Heart Attack"
- 1940 Ford Pickup Truck Build ~ 40 Shades of Grey
Carolina Kustoms of Portland, Oregon transforms this old 1940 Ford Pickup into a unique show winning Muscle Truck.
- The Ultimate Race Camper ~ Big Block and Fridge Included!
While we have no idea what this beautiful Chevrolet C30 Pickup/Camper combo is capable of, but that doesn’t discredit the cool factor.
- How To Relocate Your Gas Tank Under The Bed
Relocating a gas tank to under the bed moves the weight to a more optimal location, frees up interior room and rids gas fumes in the cab.
- 1955 Chevy Pickup and Tahoe Chassis Swap
Eric Baltazar and Greg Bush took the body off a Tahoe donor and put a 1955 Chevy pickup body on top of the complete chassis and drive-train.
- How to Fix Dents on Stainless Steel Trim
Car and truck trim can be expensive to repair if you send it out to professionals, but with just a few tools you can repair it yourself and save!
- How To Refinish a Carburetor ~ Cadmium Dichromate Plating
Carburetor Plating with Harold Demes ~ How carburetors are plated and dichromate conversion coating applied.
- How To Fix Sagging Doors in Older Vehicles
If you have an older vehicle, the door may sag a bit when you open it. But it doesn't have to. The most common cause is a set of worn out door hinge pins and bushings. Here is an affordable way to fix it that won't take you all day. Even if there is just a small amount of looseness in the hinge, amplified down the length of the door ends up being a lot of movement. To correct it, run to a local parts store and pick up and pick up a set of door hinge pins and bushings. Then all you need to...
- Extreme Budget Small Block Chevrolet Engine for Under $700
Build a 305 Small Block Chevrolet engine on an extreme budget, a capable engine for a Rat Rod project that still has some coolness to it.
- 1957 Chevrolet Suburban RestoMod Project
From RestoMod ~ 1957 Chevrolet Suburban RestoMod Project built by The Roadster Shop.
- What's The Difference Between Chevy 305 And 350 Engines
From My Vintage Iron 7512 ~ What's The Difference Between Chevy 305 And 350 Engines ~ Bore, Heads and more.
- 1931 Ford Model A Sedan Hot Rod Build
Over the past seven years Mason Mattocks has been building, driving and showing this awesome 1931 Ford Model A Sedan.
- DIY Wiring Harness Clean-Up and Restoration
Here's how to freshen up, restore, re-tape and generally clean-up your old and tired wiring harness.
- DIY Panel Matching Real Patina with Faux Patina
Jonathan W makes a valiant effort in matching primered panels to the patina on a 1959 Ford Galaxie Fairlane 500 project.
- 1971 Ford F100 LS Engine and Suspension Swap ~ Questions Answered
Crown Vic Front-End, Mustang Independent Rear-End, LS Engine Swapped 1971 Ford F100 Questions Answered with Part Numbers.
- Mighty Metro ~ 1954 International Metro Van Build
Operation Metro Build, a 1954 International Metro van on a custom frame with, air-ride, custom interior and more...
- 1955 Chevrolet 5400 COE Ex-Fire Truck
Cobblestone Customs built this 1955 Chevrolet 5400 COE Ex-Fire Truck for the SEMA 2018 "Battle of the Builders".
- 1955 Chevrolet 3100 First Series Pickup Truck Chassis Swap Build
From Hand Built Cars ~ 1955 Chevrolet 3100 First Series Pickup Truck ~ Chevrolet S10 Conversion
- HP Tuners 101: Beginners Guide ~ GM ECM Tuning Overview
Take a closer look at HP Tuners and what it is capable of doing for you and your hotrod.
- How To Repair A Sagging Headliner
Sweet Project Cars demonstrates how to fix a sagging headliner. This method works every time and will hold the liner up for years.
- Time Burner: Funniest Trunk Monkey Commercials
About the "Trunk Monkey" (Wikipedia) Trunk Monkey is a concept originally created in January, 2000 by Sean Sosik-Hamor for the automotive group of Subaru enthusiasts in the New England Subaru Impreza Club, or NESIC. The original concept of a "Trunk Monkey" was a small stuffed animal placed in the trunk of a vehicle which came alive and jumped from side to side to help distribute weight during "spirited driving maneuvers". The Trunk Monkey television ads, loosely based on this...
- Upside-Down ~ 1946 Ford 1 Ton Rat Rod Truck Build
Dizzo Martell put together this video round-up of his 1946 Ford 1 Ton Rat Rod Truck built on a chassis turned upside down.
- Scallop Paint Job Ideas and Examples
Compilation by Mountain Smoke Garage ~ Scallop Paint Jobs and Scallop Design Ideas for hot rods and custom cars and trucks.
- How To Make Steel Bomber Seats with Ron Covell
Metalworker Ron Covell gives a step-by-step tutorial on how to build a steel bomber seat from start to finish.
- 1965 Chevy II Nova Surf Wagon RestoMod Build
This RestoMod Nova is 16-year old Bridget Kavanaven's first car built by Detroit Speed and Jet Hot Coatings with a 430hp E-Rod LS3 Engine.
- Rat City Rukkus 2019 Walk-Around
Walk-Around the Rat City Rukkus 2019 car and bike show at the Stratosphere Casino, Hotel & Tower in Las Vegas, Nevada... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_kac_RHDnA
- How To Make a Metal Roof Insert for a Ford Model A Coupe
Matt from IronTrap Garage goes over the correct steps needed to build a Metal Roof Insert for your own Ford Model A Coupe.
- 4L60e Transmission ~ Full Rebuild
This video documents a complete 4L60e Transmission disassembly and rebuild...
- How To Make a Beater Bag ~ Poor Man's Shot Bag
Jere Kirkpatrick shows you how to easily make a Beater Bag (or shot bag, sand bag) for shaping sheet metal for cheap.
- How To Build a Car Hauler Truck Bed
Matt Urch is building a ramp truck car hauler bed for his Ford Transport to ferry cars back and forth to tracks, events, and car shows.
- How Fast is a Coyote 5.0 Swapped Ford F100?
Jason explains the process of Coyote 5.0 engine swapping a 1971 Ford F100 and the benefits from the project.
- 1961 427ci Buick Skylark ~ The GTR Destroyer
What started as a typical LS swap project, turned into a 200+ mph half-mile car in no time!
- Peterbilt Semi-Truck Rat Rod Build
A 1984 Peterbilt 359 rat rod pickup truck powered by a 300 HP Big Cam Cummins Diesel Engine mated to a 9-Speed Eaton Transmission.
- Box Tube and Sheet Stock ~ Rob's Hand Built from Scratch Rat Rod
via Combustion Chamber ~ Rob's Hand Built from Scratch Rat Rod ~ Box Tube, Sheet Stock and good ideas.
- Automotive and Metalworking Tools From Harbor Freight That Don't Suck
YouTuber ChuckE2009 shares his top choices of automotive and metalworking tools from Harbor Freight that don't suck...
- How To Build Custom Headers
Intro to the header building process and tools needed. You'll get tips, tricks, and how-to info that will guide you through your project.
- 16 Mutant Vehicles That Define Crazy
From Minds Eye Design ~ Here's our list of 16 Mutant Vehicles That Define Crazy.
- Joe Rogan's New 1969 Nova: Metal Work and Body Design
This 1969 Chevrolet Nova belongs to comedian, podcaster, and all-around automobile enthusiast, Joe Rogan. It was penned by Pure Vision.
- New Skool Rat Rod ~ Mike Partyka’s 1931 Ford Model A Pickup
“I wanted to build something with raw horsepower, raw aggressiveness, and stretch the limits of what a hot rod/rat rod can be.” ~ Mike Partyka
- 1950's NASCAR Crash Compilation
No power steering, no power brakes; just big heavy steel cars that were never developed with racing in mind. This is good stuff.
- 15 Crazy Cars and Unusual Classic Vehicles
These crazy cars may just be the most unusual vehicles ever made ~ Here is our list of 15 crazy cars and unusual classic vehicles.
- Carbeques and Hot Rod Grill Ideas
Hot Rod Grill and Carbeque Idea Gallery ~ Grills, Barbecues, Hibachis, Fire Pits and More Built with Car Parts.
- Chip Foose Wins Builder of the Decade Award
At the 2019 Grand National Roadster Show, Chip Foose was honored to receive the first ever Builder of the Decade Award!
- 1918 Harley Davidson Cyclecar Build
Kris Blake pondered, designed and researched every aspect of this unique cyclecar built by Dan Orabona of Taylar Motorbikes.
- Common MIG Welder Faults And How To Fix Them
Matt Urch shares a few tips on how to troubleshoot common problems that often impact MIG welders.
- 1932 Willys Turbo Diesel Dually Refueling Truck Build
This 1932 Willys is an aircraft themed build dubbed "Low Standard" was built by Eddies Rod & Custom in Ceder Rapids, Iowa
- Plasma Cutting Tips and Tricks for Beginners
In this video, Matt Urch shows you you some basic tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your plasma cutter.
- Demo: Distressed Lettering Door Art on a 1936 Dodge Truck
David from The Sign Shop takes you through the process of hand-painting distressed lettering door art on a 1936 Dodge truck.
- 1951 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup ~ 1995 Caprice Classic DIY Chassis Swap
The story of Daniel Hammerle's 1951 Chevrolet 3100 pickup truck and 1995 Caprice Classic chassis swap adventure.
- 850 HP “Sleeper-Touring” 1963 Ford Fairlane
1963 Ford Fairlane — a true "Sleeper" — Only the subtlest of exterior touches and period correct paint hide the true performance.
- When a Transmission Fluid Change Can Damage Your Transmission
Should You Flush your automatic transmission? Should you replace the transmission fluid on an old car with high miles?
- 1,200HP Twin Turbo 1970 Pontiac Firebird Build
Hand Built Cars 1970 Pontiac Firebird Twin Turbo 1200HP Build Project Builder: tcronkright As a new member to this community I am excited to introduce a project I am working on in connection with the guys at All Speed Performance in Muskegon, Michigan. We were shooting for 1,500+ hp and 1,300+ tq at the rear wheels and by the looks of the Butler Performance IA II performance 400 block bored to 475 cu. in., Kauffman heads, Eagle crank that has been turned, Ross custom forged pistons...
- 1927 Packard Stored Nearly 50 Years in Abandoned Factory + Extras
The crew travels to Philadelphia to help rescue a 1927 Packard in a closed down Factory since the 1970's and off the road since the 1950's.
- How To Simulate Resistance Spot Welds
Simulating OEM style resistance spot welds using a MIG welder.
- 1954 Chevy Bel Air Restomod Build ~ Supercharged LSX 454
This cherry 1954 Chevrolet Bel Air was dropped off at The Roadster Shop to receive an upgrade on essentially every system under the body.
- How To Get Perfect Panel Gaps in Doors, Fenders, Hood
TC Penick of Bay One Customs shows you his trick to get perfect panel gaps when building or restoring a car or truck.
- How To Use Lead Instead of Plastic Filler
Alberto Ferroni demonstrates how use lead Instead of plastic filler while performing some bodywork on his Porsche 911 race car.
- 2,600HP LS Engine Powered Land Speed Record Crusher Goes 460 MPH
BUILD BIOLOGY: What has 2,600 HP and goes 460 MPH? This LS Engine Powered Land Speed Record Crusher.
- 1956 Ford F100 Pickup RestoMod Project
From RestoMod ~ 1956 Ford F100 Pickup RestoMod Project built by the Roadster Shop in Mundelein, IL.
- How To Rebuild a GM 10 Bolt Chevy 8.5" Rear End
Tinman 2 Kustoms shows how to rebuild a 10 bolt Chevy 8.5" rear axle in the bagged C10 using Yukon Gear & Axle components.
- Porsche 911 V8 Hot Rod Build
Danton Arts Kustoms from France transformed a salvaged Porsche 911/964* into a hellaciously bad ass hot rod.
- How To Make Bucket Seats Out Of A 55 Gallon Drum
Broke Bastard Garage demonstrates making seat buckets for his 1937 Dodge Rat Rod build.
- Subaru Twin Turbo Powered 1965 Volkswagen T1 Single Cab Build
This beautiful blue 1965 VW T1 Single Cab is a beast that features a full custom frame, mid-mounted Subaru flat 6 Twin Turbo engine, independent suspension and big brakes all round.
- How To Convert a MIG Welder into a TIG Welder
The Fabrication Series guides you through converting your MIG welder to a TIG welder.
- 9 Incredible Restomods and Pro-Touring Cars
From DIY Garage ~ In this video you will see nine incredible Restomods and Pro-Touring Cars from top builders in the USA.
- 1968 Ford Torino GT Full Restoration
Watch as this classic 1968 Ford Torino GT goes from acid dipping to buffing the clear coat — and gets a few modern upgrades.
- The Mach 40 ~ 1969 Mustang Mach 1 Meets 2006 Ford GT
The perfect fusion of a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1 and a 2006 Ford GT dubbed The Ford Mach 40 ~ A 5.4L Mid-Engine Build.
- Door Art Timelapse ~ Painting a Pinup Girl
Door Art Pinup Painting Timelapse Using 1 Shot Enamel by Artist Desirae Samantha.
- 6 Unusual Garages That Will Amaze You
The Automobile — It’s passion, life, love, and a persistent problem of parking. MAD LAB takes you through some the most incredible garages.
- Lucas vs STP ~ Which Engine Self-Destructs First?
How long will a gasoline engine treated with Lucas and STP run without oil? Project Farm finds out.
- Top 10 Mistakes Beginner TIG Welders Make
We've all gotta start somewhere. Wherever that is for you, make sure you know these Top 10 Common Mistakes beginner TIG welders make.
- How To Roll a Fender Bead with Wire Edge
Metal Shaping Guru Lazze demonstrates how to make a bead with a wire edge for fenders or other parts that you can easily duplicate, repair a fender or panel, or make a whole new one from scratch on a bead roller.
- 1967 Chevrolet C10 Truck Build with Air Ride
This Truck was abandoned for 15 years until it was sold for $100 to a talented builder who transformed this ugly truck in piece of art.
- Water Contaminated Fuel ~ Seafoam, HEET, or Isopropyl Alcohol?
Project Farm tests each of these products in water and we also test how they do with preventing and melting ice that's formed in gasoline.
- Adam Savage Demonstrates Weathering Tricks
Adam Savage shows us how to paint and weather a newly constructed box to make it look like it's something that's been used for decades.
- "R/T BAKER" ~ A 360 Magnum Swapped Studebaker Pickup
A 1952 Studebaker 2R6 Pickup Truck sitting on a Dodge Dakota R/T donor chassis with a 5.9 Magnum engine ~ This thing is wild.
- How To Cut, Fit and Shape Automotive Carpet
This video demonstrates several techniques to cut, fit and shape the transmission tunnel using non-heat molded automotive carpet.
- How To Install a Coil Spring Front End in a 1955-59 Chevy or GMC Truck
Watch a complete installation of the new Total Cost Involved Engineering '55-59 Chevrolet and GMC truck coil spring front end.
- How To Sand and Polish Steel Wheels to a Mirror Finish
From Skills and Trade ~ In this video, you'll learn how to sand and polish a steel rim to a mirror finish.
- Flowmaster's 8 Hottest Mufflers ~ Sound Test
Eight of Flowmaster's most popular mufflers are tested in order to help you figure out which muffler is right for you.
- Custom Paint and Vinyl Wrap Ideas
Quantum Tech HD compiled this collection of unique paint and vinyl wrap effects that are on another level.
- How To Set the Kickdown or TV Cable on GM Transmissions
Holley offers tips on properly setting up the transmission kickdown levers and how to properly set the throttle valve or TV cable.
- How To Graft a Sub-Frame or Front Clip
This video is a complete rundown on a Sub-frame (front clip) swap or graft including the fabrication process, power steering and brakes...
- 1965 Chevy C10 Restored by 18 Year Old for $600
This is my 1965 Chevy C10 half-ton pickup with a 250 CI Inline 6 and a single barrel carburetor that desperately needs a rebuild.
- Rat Rod Hood Ornament Ideas
Hood ornament ideas for your rat rod.
- Twin-Engine Rat Rod Mini Bike Build
Franken Stratton ~ Two 8 HP Briggs & Stratton Engines - Modify the chassis, get the engines running, and assemble the twin engine mini bike...
- 1,000 Watt Rust Cleaning Laser Removes Rust Effortlessly
Remove rust easily from metals using a 1000 Watt Laser - the dirt layer and any oxides underneath will absorb the energy and evaporate.
- How To Tell If Your Junkyard 4L80E Is Any Good
The Driveway Engineer guides you through doing basic checks on a 4L80E donor transmission including fluid inspection and air checks.
- 15 Retro Vehicles That Define Crazy
Most vehicles start out with high hopes, yet some never quite met expectations and years later they end up in a video calling them crazy.
- Ford 351 Windsor vs 351 Cleveland
An overview of some of the Ford engine Family's, especially the Ford 351 Windsor and 351 Cleveland.
- Tick Tock ~ Aaron Kaufman's 1963 Ford Falcon
From the front to the back, Aaron Kaufman’s street legal (in Texas, at least) 1963 Ford Falcon was built the right way.
- Mechanic Builds Insane 130 mph Rat Rod
A mechanic has become the unofficial king of rat rods in New Zealand, after building a series of incredible rat rods in his home garage.
- How To Organize Your Tool Box For Maximum Storage Space
Here are some simple ideas on how to organize tool boxes and maximize storage space.
- Ride Along ~ Custom Suicide Shifter Bike
Take a ride along on a Custom Harley Davidson 883 Bobber / Suicide Shifter Bike.
- 1964 Dodge Polara Twin Turbo Sleeper Build
Jesse James and the Roadster Shop joined forces with Honeywell Garrett to produce a twin turbocharged beast for street and strip.
- Ron Berry's Cartoon Custom Creations
Dennis Gage goes for a spin in a couple of epic cartoon custom creations built by Ron Berry: a Custom VW Bus and Custom Hot Rod Woody.
- How To Properly Make a Gasket with RTV
Learn how to use RTV to make a rear differential gasket, water-pump gasket, oil pan gasket, thermostat gasket, valve cover gasket.
- 1962 Volkswagen Van Craigslist Find and Resurrection
YouTuber CT Moog made a fantastic Craigslist Find in this 1962 Volkswagen Type 2 Van.
- 1955 Chevy Truck Rebuild ~ Two Year DIY Backyard Build Step-by-Step
George Contreras and his Dad rebuilt this '55 Task Force truck from the frame up. Watch their two year DIY backyard build step-by-step.
- Classic Cars and Trucks For Sale ~ Harvard, Nebraska
Zack at Rudy's Classic Auto & Chop Shop has provided an updated inventory video showing the vast number of Classic Cars and Trucks For Sale.
- DIY 1947-53 Chevrolet Truck 3 to 5 Window Conversion
1947-53/54 Chevrolet 3100 Truck 3 to 5 window conversion using Classic Industries inner and outer panels.
- 1967 Ford Galaxie 500 “R” Code 427 Cobra RestoMod
Schwartz Performance RestoMods this one owner New Mexico car into an “R” code 427 clone with bolt on suspension and brake improvements.
- Volkswagen Beetle Engine Rebuild Time-Lapse
Don’t let anyone tell you that rebuilding an old Volkswagen Beetle engine is easy.
- Gary Kollofski's V12 Powered 1955 Chevrolet
Gary Kollofski went way outside the box on his Tri-five Chevrolet, opting for a 730 CI V12 marine motor.
- 11 Salvage Yard Tips and Tricks
11 Salvage Yard Tips and Tricks to help you make the most out of your next trip to the salvage or junk yard...
- How To Make a Replacement Automotive Light Lens
How to replicate a tail light lens of any car using a Mold star silicone rubber mold and Crystal Clear optically-clear UV resistant resin.
- KTM 300 Drift Trike ~ How It Was Built
Steve's KTM 300 powered drift trike ~ We ride around the beach and talked with Steve about how he built the beautiful contraption.
- Butt Welding vs Overlapping Sheet Metal Panels
The Hot Rod Hippie discusses Butt Welding vs Overlapping Sheet Metal Panels on your hot rod or custom vehicle project.
- The World's Most Advanced Hot Rod?
The Multimatic-designed '32 Ford hot rod with in-wheel front suspension, Ford Racing motor, and, well, a pile of other goodies.
- How To Adjust and Tune Holley Carburetors
It's the attention to quality and detail, at every level, that has made Holley a trusted expert in fuel system technology for automobiles.
- SEMA Ignited Cruise 2018
SEMA Ignited is the official SEMA Show after-party that connects the general public with industry leaders, celebrities and award-winning custom vehicles. The Friday night festival takes place immediately after the SEMA Show closes as hundreds of cars and trucks will parade out of the Las Vegas Convention Center and assemble and cruise... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EmBK-B7vZE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXjPd9dYHd4
- 1950 Mercury Eight 4 Door Sedan Custom Chop Top
VooDoo Larry created a really great flow on the chop on this one. Not easy to do that on a four door. The roof has a great coupe contour.
- Crudebaker ~ 1946 Studebaker M16 Detroit Diesel Rat Rod
David Colvin's 1946 Studebaker M16 Detroit Diesel Rat Rod ~ Originally a 12' Dump Flat Bed Septic Service Truck.
- 1966 Chevrolet C10 Suburban Pro-Touring Truck Build
A 1966 Chevrolet Suburban turned into a modernized show vehicle with throwback surf wagon styling, big block power, and a killer chassis.
- How To Make Fender Skirts From Scratch
Watch as Matt from Eastwood takes you through some different metal fabrication techniques used when building a fender skirt.
- 2 Minute Tech ~ How To Braze Aluminum
"Welding" Aluminum Without a Welder ~ DIY Aluminum Brazing with a Propane Torch and Brazing Rods.
- 1950 Buick Special Sleeper Build
Watch the build process unfold as this 1950 Buick Special gets transformed into a true sleeper...
- Blastolene's Piss'd Off Pete
From Jay Leno's Garage ~ Blastolene's Piss'd Off Pete. Automotive artist Randy Grubb chops a Peterbilt into drivable sculpture.
- How To Protect and Preserve Patina or Rust Without Clear Coat
How to protect rust or patina with a formula of linseed oil and boiled mineral spirits that you can mix and apply quickly and easily...
- 70+ HP Ducati 900cc Death Machine Shifter Kart
Cars and Cameras introduces you to the build, adds a foot clutch and relocatesg the brake — and goes for a ride — 100+ MPH capable!
- 1940 Chevrolet Special Deluxe Coupe Hot Rod Build
1940 Chevrolet Special Deluxe Coupe Hot Rod Build by Gambino Kustoms in San Jose, California.
- How To Convert an AC Welder to DC for Stronger Welds
An easy way to convert an AC welder to a DC welder ~ wire in an inexpensive rectifier and achieve stronger weld using 7018 rods..
- 15 Guys + 3 Days = 1954 Chevy 3100 Restored in a Weekend
15 guys from the US and Canada came together to help out a fellow hot rodder by body-working and painting his 1954 Chevy truck in a weekend.
- 1967 Ford "Black Ops" Fairlane built by Steve Strope
We've got a '67 Ford "Black Ops" Fairlane built by car designer Steve Strope, and we get him to do a few burnies.
- 1963 Volkswagen 23 Window Bus Body-Off Restoration
1963 Volkswagen 23 Window Type 2 Kombi Bus Body-Off Restoration Project by Cooker's in Williamsport, MD
- How To Weld Steel to Stainless Steel
Welding instructor Kyle from Georgia Trade School is going to show us something really cool ~ How To Weld Steel to Stainless Steel.
- Hellcat KILLER ~ 1953 Chevy Bel Air Sleeper
Besides the intercooler out front, the old green patina on top along and old smoothie wheels — this 1953 Bel Air is very unsuspecting.
- 1952 Chevrolet 3600 Flatbed Rat Rod Truck Build
From Hand Built Cars ~ 1952 Chevrolet 3600 flatbed rat rod truck built by Trick Truck ‘N Rod of Camden, Ohio.
- Time Lapse: Air-Bagged 1953 Chevrolet 3100 Build
Stoner's Speed Shop time-lapsed the build of a ‘53 Chevy 3100 pick-up truck that sports some sick patina, gets air suspension, and ends up on a set of Coker wide white
- 1968 Chevrolet C10 Crew Cab Truck (Re)Build
1968 Chevy C10 gets longbed cut to shortbed, 42 gallon fuel tank, TBI 454 Big Block engine, AOD and T-case, 4" lift and 35" tires.
- How To Make a Blacksmith’s Anvil from Scratch
Making a 100kg / 220lbs Blacksmiths Anvil from Scratch
- Pinup Photo Shoot with Ava Dae Photography ~ BTS
Behind the scenes pinup photo shoot: Iron Trap Garage teamed up with Ava Dae Photography to host a pinup photo shoot at the garage.
- 1972 Chevrolet C10 Suburban RustoMod Build
Bryan Ashley's 1972 Chevrolet C10 Suburban Faux-Patina Rat Rod RestoMod Build Project
- How To Mix Automotive Paint ~ Understanding Paint Mixing Ratios
Kevin Tetz explains Mix Ratios and how to properly mix automotive paint when spraying your project vehicle.
- 40 Creative Uses for Old Tires
Here's 40 creative ways to recycle, re-use and re-purpose old and used tires...
- AmazonBasics Full Synthetic Motor Oil vs Mobil 1 and Valvoline
Project Farm tests AmazonBasics Motor Oil, Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Motor Oil, and Valvoline 10W-30 Conventional Motor Oil.
- Seafoam vs Marvel Mystery Oil ~ The Ultimate Showdown!
Project Farm pits the legendary Marvel Mystery Oil against Seafoam results from previous videos — You decide which product is superior!
- 1930 Ford Model A Hot Rod Build
This 1930 Ford Model A is a unique hand-built Hot Rod for a rock star client looking for a Model A with some heavy metal attitude...
- A Cannonball Run Record Attempt in a 47 Year Old Station Wagon
Jacob Davis attempts to set a cannonball record in his 1972 AMC Hornet Sportabout, racing it from New York to LA as quickly as possible.
- How To Remove Dents from a Panel Using a Slapper File
This is a quick demonstration of how to use a File Slapper to remove dents in sheet metal.
- How To Make a SOLID Angle Grinder Stand
Barts Metalwork demonstrates the process used to create a simply SOLID grinder stand...
- DIY Back Yard Paint Job
The HOT ROD staff shows how you can trick your friends into a party so you can paint your hot rod in a weekend!
- Lincoln 256 Power MIG Welder Review ~ Replacing a Millermatic 250
Jonathan W replaced his Millermatic 250 MIG Welder with a Lincoln 256 Power MIG Welder. This is his review.
- 1935 Sedan Rock Crawler Rat Rod Build and Test Drive
This video shows Gary Dunsworth's efforts converging a 1935 sedan body and a rock crawler that produced this 4x4 rat rod truck on air ride.
- Rustic Nail & Co.'s 1948 Dodge 1-1/2 Ton Pilot House Shop Truck
Kyle Cochran from Rustic Nail & Co. gives us a tour of his custom 1948 Dodge 1-1/2 Ton Pilot House shop truck.
- A Tour of Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s Property
Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s managing director Mike Davis shows Graham Bensinger around Dale Jr.’s property just north of Charlotte, North Carolina.
- How To Make a Custom Truck Tailgate
Matt tackles fabricating his own custom tailgate for the Project Pilothouse truck build.
- 1950 Chevrolet Deluxe Chop Top Bare Metal Build
KillBillet Member hoitink got himself a free 2 door 1950 Chevrolet Deluxe so he opted to section it 3 inches and chop the top 4 inches.
- How To Make Barn Wood
How to make fresh lumber look like old barn wood — the process is fast and easy and will give you that Rustic Look you've been after.
- 1931 Ford Model A Pickup with Supercharged Coyote Swap
Mike took a running, driving 1931 Ford Model A pickup, and separated the cab to build a complete custom frame, with suspension, cage.
- Sergeant Rock ~ Stacey David's 1941 Dodge Power Wagon
A look back at a kid with a dream. Follow the design and fabrication of Stacey David's 1941 Dodge Power Wagon, a childhood dream.
- Ford Flathead V8 Engine Rebuild Time-Lapse
Six days. More than 40,000 photos. One fully rebuilt Ford Flathead V8. All boiled down to an intense 6-minute video.
- How To Turn an Engine Stand into an Engine Run Stand
See how D. Eby converted a simple engine stand into a complete engine run stand to facilitate pre-install engine break-ins...
- 1931 Ford Model A Hot Rod Truck Build
Watch as H.A.M.B. member FastMike from Chicago, IL builds his 1931 Ford Model A Hot Rod Pickup Truck...
- How To Install a Limited Slip/Posi Unit in a GM 10 Bolt 8.5" Rear-end
Installation of an Eaton Detroit Truetrac Limited Slip/Posi Unit into a 1987 Chevy C-10 truck with a 10 bolt 8.5" Rear-end.
- 1956 Ford F100 Pickup Truck Project
1956 Ford F100 Pickup Truck Build
- Top 5 Best Automotive Tools from Harbor Freight
Real Tool Reviews list the Top 5 Best Automotive Tools from Harbor Freight including a floor jack, impact wrench, toolbox and more.
- How To Make a 4L60E Manual Shifter
A simple device with a few switches and a salvaged connector allows direct control of shift solenoids bypassing the vehicle computer.
- How To Install a C-Notch and Axle Flip Kit ~ Leaf Spring Axle Flip
Follow along as we lower the rear of our '75 GMC Sierra Classic using an Axle Flip Kit on the leaf springs and install a C-Notch kit.
- How To Smoke Tail Lights
If the smoked effect is what you're going for, you can do this in your own garage. There are many ways to get it done.
- 10 Car Mods Banned in California
From Modern Muscle ~ In this video, we discuss 10 car modifications that are illegal in the state of California.
- ICON Derelict ~ 1952 Chevy Styleline Deluxe Coupe
Come along as we check out our 1952 Chevrolet Styleline Deluxe Coupe ICON Derelict!
- 1961 Chevrolet Impala Parkwood Station Wagon Build
Watch as the crew at Roadster Shop in Mundelein, IL build this gorgeous 1961 Chevrolet Impala Parkwood Station Wagon.
- Ford F250 Super Duty Cummins Turbo Diesel Build
1970 Ford F250 Super Duty Cummins Turbo Diesel Build by VonWilliam ~ Watch the process from start to finish.
- 7 DIY Angle Grinder Tool Hacks
7 DIY Angle Grinder Hack examples from Make it Extreme...
- Testing Cheap vs Expensive Wrenches from Amazon
YouTuber WranglerStar tests an inexpensive 'Made in China' adjustable end wrench against a 'Made in USA' Wrench. See how they fared.
- Rat Rod Truck Ideas
Rat Rod Truck Compilation ~ 50 Ideas and Inspiration for your own project.
- 1931 Chevy Rat Rod Build From Start To Finish
A compilation of clips from 84 videos — it's an attempt to show how this 1931 Chevy Rat Rod was built and maybe help someone build their own.
- How To Repair Thin-Gauge Sheet Metal
Welding instructor Mark Prosser, co-author of Full-Bore Welding, walks you through the steps to repair a hole in thin-gauge steel.
- Lowering a Ford F100 For Under $100
Lowering a 1971 Ford F100 truck for less than $100.00 out of pocket including flipping the axle, cutting coils and C-Notching the frame.
- DIY Tips for Running, Flaring, and Bending Brake Lines
Tips and tricks for running brake lines, flaring brake lines, and bending brake lines.
- Rat Rod Ideas ~ Gassers
Rat Rod Gasser Compilation by Mountain Smoke Garage ~ Ideas and Inspiration for your own project...
- How To Repair or Replicate a Headlight Lens
This video shows you how to replicate the headlight lens from a 1935 Cadillac.
- How To Hook Up Two 12 Volt Batteries
Stacey David walks you through different ways you can wire dual batteries in your vehicle: Parallel vs Series
- Rat Rod Ideas: Rat Rod Ramp Trucks and Car Haulers
From Mountain Smoke Garage ~ Rat Rod Ideas: Rat Rod Ramp Trucks and Car Haulers.
- How To Build a Pickup Truck Bed
A detailed video on how to build a custom truck bed from the ground up. Learn how to use a bead roller to add style and strength.
- Don Wickstrum's 1946 Dodge Turbo Diesel Truck
Don Wickstrum gives us the run down and a ride along in "Joe", his '46 Dodge Cummins turbo diesel powered Rat Rod Truck built as a tribute to his uncle...
- BMW Powered 1928 Ford Model A
Mike Crawat Photography artfully captured the essence and cool of this BMW Powered 1928 Ford Model A.
- 5.7L HEMI Powered 1963 Dodge Dart GT Hardtop Build
Mike Toupin's (aka Tincup) 5.7 Liter HEMI Swapped 1963 Dodge Dart GT Hardtop RestoMod build photo compilation.
- 1928 Ford Model A Roadster Project
This roadster sounds amazing, goes hard and turns heads wherever it goes. People tend to be drawn to it like a magnet.
- How To Clone Vintage Knobs
Cloning Vintage Knobs - perfect for copying vintage knobs, classic car radio knobs, automotive dash knobs and switches and more.
- Rusty Ford Falcon With a WHOLE Lot of POWER!
Paul Witty’s Ford Falcon looks like it was literally pulled from a barn and straight into his garage to have the chassis fabbed together and then brought straight to the event!
- Body By Fisher
The Fisher logo on the doorsill of autos was a hallmark of reliability and American manufacturing and style for most of the last century.
- Patina ~ A Bagged 1956 Chevrolet Step Side Truck
3 1/2 Minute Movie Short via Loud & Rowdy ~ Jacques Mouton's bagged 1956 Chevy Step-Side is an absolute killer ride.
- Plywood Wheel Burnouts ~ Will They Catch Fire?
The Hoonigans break in the Scumbag Labs Science Truck by building a set of plywood wheels and doing their damnedest to set them on fire.
- Tammy Allen's Eclectic Automobile Collection
On this episode of My Classic Car, Dennis Gage visits Tammy Allen's eclectic collection in Grand Junction, Colorado.
- DIY Garage LED Light Install - Barrina LED Light Review
Quickly install a dozen Barrina LED T5 6500k Lights purchased on Amazon — 12 lights for a total of 26,400 lumens or 70.5 lumens per sq. ft.
- How To Upgrade Your Small Block Chevy on a Budget
MyVintageIron shows you how to get more power out of your small block Chevrolet engine, at home, and on the cheap...
- The Mongrel ~ 1959 Ford 100e Body on a Mazda Mx5 / Miata Chassis
Rescued from a classic car graveyard, this 1959 Ford 100e is about to find itself on top of a Mazda Mx5 / Miata Chassis.
- Absolutely Unique Homemade Trikes
A worthy compilation of absolutely unique homemade and handmade trikes with original sound and technical descriptions.
- Richard Petty Shop Truck Build from Start to Finish
Dylan McCool's 1970 Dodge chassis and engine swapped into a Richard Petty Shop Truck — Here's the build from Start to Finish
- When Can Police Conduct A Road Side Search of Your Vehicle?
What are the police allowed to do during a traffic stop? When can they search your car? Can they make you get out of your car?
- Keith Charvonia's 1951 Kaiser Drag'n Home-Built Custom
Industrial designer Keith Charvonia stops by Jay Leno's Garage with his amazing RestoMod it took eight years to build by himself in his home garage...
- Belly Tankers ~ Why Warplane Fuel Tanks Make Great Hot Rods
Built from the discarded fuel tanks of WWII fighter planes, "belly tankers" are miniature speed demons and a major part of hot rod culture.
- How to Install a Hidden Kill Switch
Instead of installing an expensive car alarm system or using ineffective methods to prevent your car from getting stolen, learn how to install an inexpensive, hidden kill switch.
- 550HP LS7 Powered 1958 Rolls Royce ~ ICON Derelict
Jonathan Ward showa us a wolf in sheep's clothing, a 1958 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud with the Icon Derelict RestoMod treatment.
- Vintage Homebuilt Model T Speedster Go Kart Find
Mike and Matt pick up an old homebuilt Speedster Go Kart made from parts from a VW Bug, Nash Metropolitan, and possibly a Crosley!
- 1951 Ford F1 Pickup Truck RestoMod Build
The 1951 Ford F1 Pickup Truck RestoMod project is a low budget build with the guts of a 1996 Mustang GT...
- Garage 87's Slammed Baywindow Volkswagen Bus
The guys from UK's "Garage 87" have built one of the lowest and coolest Volkswagen Baywindow Buses that we've ever seen — this is easily one of the deepest drops we've seen on a Type 2.
- 1971 Chevrolet C10 Bagged Custom Build ~ "Double Tap"
Built by Kane ~ 1971 Chevrolet C10 Bagged Custom Build dubbed "Double Tap"
- Aircraft Grade Rivets For Your Car
Mark demonstrates the various applications for Eastwood's Solid Rivet Kit, creating a miniature door panel.
- How To TIG Weld ANY Gap
Justin Voss shares his go to method for TIG welding up a gap.
- Resurrecting a Rusty Buick Nailhead V-8 Engine ~ Time-Lapse
There were many trials and tribulations along the way with this 401 Buick Nailhead engine rebuild, but it's finally done.
- MOPAR Mel is Retiring and Selling Off 250 Cars and Parts
Mel Bohnenkamp, aka MOPAR Mel, is retiring and selling off his hoard of more than 250 MOPARs collected by his long-time operation, Mopar Mel's Classic Restorations in Fertile, MN.
- The Legend Of Shirley Muldowney
Shirley Muldowney is an American auto racer and was the first woman to receive a license from the NHRA to drive a Top Fuel dragster.
- Tools That Don't Suck ~ Homemade Pipe Anvil
This homemade Pipe Anvil from metal scrap helps you to make radius bends in sheet metal and helps quickly create parts like transmission tunnels, hot rod hoods, and more.
- How To Bridge Gaps and Fill Holes in Thin Metal
Justin shows you several techniques to bridge gaps and fill holes in this demonstration on an old worn out Harley-Davidson exhaust pipe.
- Ford Crown Victoria and Police Interceptor ~ Everything You Need To Know
If your thinking of building a project or custom that is Ford Crown Victoria or Crown Victoria Police Interceptor based, Start Here...
- How To Make Curved Flanges On Sheet Metal Panels
Learn the technique used to create curved bends on sheet metal panels, a very simple process...
- "Red Morning" with Frankenstein Ford, a 1968 F100
See what it's like to go on a morning errand with KC Mathieu in his 1968 Ford F100, aka Frankenstein Ford.
- How To Fix Car Dents with Fire
Here's a tech tip on using an oxy/acetylene torch to help pull dents from automotive panels, demonstrated on a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro.
- Metal Forming, Tools and Uses Explained By Gene Winfield
The legend himself — Gene Winfield — giving a metal working demonstration at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. This is a "must watch" for newbies and veterans alike...
- Survivor: 1946 Mercury Pickup For Sale
This spcimen is a s solid barn find truck in beautiful, all original condition. It is a very good candidate for a full restoration.
- Kenny Hauk’s Wild '48 Willys ~ Hauk .45
Kenny Hauk’s Hauk .45 combines the gun-slinging history of the Colt .45 with an old workhorse, a vintage 1948 Willys pickup truck.
- How To Calibrate a Torque Wrench with a Cheap Luggage Scale
Garage Geek clearly demonstrates how to calibrate a torque wrench with an inexpensive $5 luggage scale.
- How To Make a Custom Fiberglass Dash
David Guyton shows you how to make a custom fiberglass dash (or any other interior parts) for your hot rod or custom car or truck project.
- How to Make X Pipes, Y Pipes, H Pipes and Exhaust Transitions
How to make X Pipes, Y Pipes, H Pipes, Splayed Pipes, Parallel Pipes — and variants of each...
- Meet Urchfab – A Turbo Saab Powered Ford Drift Rod
This is a 1953 Ford Anglia/Saab Turbo drifting machine from England where Anglias were the local version of the ’32 Ford.
- Twin Turbo Duramax Chevrolet C10
The Diesel Brothers built this Chevy C10 pickup for Charity Air Ambulance and the company's owner, Cheyenne Lord...
- How To Modernize A Classic Powerplant with EFI
With the advent of Electronic Fuel Injection hot rods can now run more efficiently and have better drivability.
- Ethanol vs Non-Ethanol Gasoline ~ Which is Better?
Project Farm measures fuel efficiency, observes the combustion process, and measures carbon buildup.
- Home-Built Hot Rods and Customs by Johnny Hotrod
Dennis Gage goes for a spin in a couple of Johnny Hotrod's home-built creations, a '32 Ford and a '52 Chevy painted by Gene Winfield.
- 1300hp Twin Turbo 1967 Chevrolet Nova Build
The project was only supposed to be a low-key build, but soon ideas started flying, body panels were modified, and turbos were hung.
- How To Wire 220v from Breaker to Outlet Step-by-Step
How To Wire 220v from Breaker to Outlet ~ Step-by-Step + Supplies and Materials Needed to wire your home garage or workshop with a 220v outlet for welders, compressors, etc.
- 1963 Chevrolet Nova V8 Sleeper Build
This green 1963 Chevy Nova arrived at MetalWorks Classic Auto Restoration in Eugene, Oregon as a bone stock 6 cylinder car.
- Is Flex Glue Better Than JB Weld, Gorilla Glue and Loctite?
Project Farm pits Flex Glue against JB Weld, Loctite, and Gorilla Glue bonding wood, brick, PVC, and metal.
- 1928 Ford Model A Roadster Pickup to Roadster Coupe Build
From The Chevy Scrounger ~ This video documents a 1928 Ford Model A Roadster Pickup conversion to a Roadster Coupe.
- How To Block Sand Body Panels + Tips & Tricks
Kevin Tetz shows you the difference between sanding and shaping, which grit of sandpaper to use, and how to use various sanding blocks...
- How To Straighten a Bumper with a Hustler Stick Alignment Bar
The Hustler Stick Alignment Bar is perfect for bumpers, panels, hoods, decks and brackets. Indispensable when versatility of a chain hookup is needed. Made with the strength and durability to last!
- Rat Rod Ideas: Rat Rod COE Trucks
From Mountain Smoke Garage ~ Rat Rod Ideas: Rat Rod COE Trucks.
- How To Plumb LS Engine Steam Lines and Why You Need Them
Do I need the steam lines when I do an LS swap? What are the LS steam ports for? How do I hook the steam lines up? Where do I connect the steam lines?
- Why Can't Pushrod Engines Rev High?
The pushrod V8 engine is an icon of American muscle. Why is the redline on these engines often lower than their European counterparts?
- Top 5 Career Mistakes Mechanics Make
Stephen Cox is a mobile heavy equipment, diesel, and fleet mechanic. Here is his take on the Top 5 career mistakes mechanics make.
- Do Torque Sticks Work to Install Wheel Lug Nuts?
Do Torque Sticks Work? YouTuber 50sKid introduces and tests Harbor Freight's 10 Piece 1/2 In. Torque Limiting Extension Bar Set.
- 1953 Ford F100 Custom Boss 302 RestoMod Build
Watch how the Classic Car Studio mechanics transform a 1953 Ford F-100 from a farmland hauler to an ass-hauling racer!
- How To Plasma Cut Perfect Circles with One Easy To Make Tool
Matt Urch demonstrates How to use a simple tool to cut a range of different sized circles using a hand-held plasma cutter.
- Metal Working Tips and Tricks with Matt
Matt covers the basic steps for finishing out welds and addressing low spots on the side panels on the Model T project. He discusses hammer and dolly use, the bulls-eye pick, hand-held planishing hammer, stud gun and slide hammer, and finally the shrinking disc...
- Building The Berlin Buick ~ A V8 Volkswagen Beetle
The motor is a 1961 Buick 215 cubic inch aluminum block, fuel injected V-8 engine mounted where the rear seat would have been located.
- How To Make Fiberglass Molds and Parts
How to make fiberglass molds and parts. A motorcycle fender is repaired. A mold is then made and a part is made from the mold
- Custom Chevrolet C10 RestoMod Build
Custom Chevrolet C10 RestoMod ~ Full Build Album by Roadster Shop
- How To Make a Cab Corner Patch Panel
Lazze demonstrates metal shaping techniques to create a cab corner using his Shrinker / Stretcher and English Wheel...
- How To Cut GM Coil Springs To Drop Your Ride
Global West Suspension discusses and offers a tutorial for trimming (or cutting) GM coil springs to lower your vehicle ride height.
- Myth or Hack ~ Candle Wax to Loosen Rusty Nuts
Project Farm uses 3 different tests to measure the effectiveness of using candle wax and a lighter/propane torch.
- How To Remove Rubber Bushings without a Press or Fire
This tech short shows how to remove old rubber suspension bushings without a press or without burning them out using flames.
- How To Shrink Stretched Sheet Metal with a Propane Torch
The condition known as an "oil can" is common in automotive bodywork — the panel position is bi-stable and can flop in or out.
- 5 Things To Know About The VW Karmann Ghia
Volkswagen's first sports car wasn't a sports car, not really. It was the Karmann Ghia, a Beetle in a much sexier outfit.
- 1959 Chevrolet Apache RestoMod Build
Build photo album ~ 1959 Chevrolet Apache Pickup Truck and Custom Paint by the Hot Rod Factory in East Bethel, MN.
- DIY Cab Corner Replacement on a Chevy C10
Gibson63 takes you through replacing the drivers side cab corner on his Chevrolet C10 project.
- Driving the Same Car for Over 60 Years
In 1957, Grace Braeger of West Bend, WI traded in her old car, threw down $2,250 hard-earned dollars, and bought a '57 Chevy. Since that day long ago, it's been her only car.
- Mike Finnegan Crashes 1968 Charger at 2019 Roadkill Nights
Roadkill's Mike Finnegan goes full Richard Rawlings in General Mayhem at 2019 Roadkill Nights in the Hellcat HEMI 1968 Dodge Charger.
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible Build
Don’s 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air was selected at Goodguys 1st WIX Filters Speedway Nationals to receive a builders choice award.
- How To Rule Out A Spark Plug As Your Problem
A very simple but effective method to confirm if a spark plug is/is not the cause of engine starting and/or performance problems.
- Home-Built: Custom Off-Road Buggy Build
JP Massey's Custom Off-Road Buggy is a 97' 350 Vortec Engine / 4L80E Transmission powered beast that roll on a pair of Rockwell 2.5 ton front axles and several random electro-hydraulic valves and electronics to run them. Watch...
- How to Balance Tires Yourself at Home
How to Balance a Tire Yourself with a Portable Wheel Balancer from Harbor Freight...
- 1963-72 Chevy & GMC Truck Longbed to Shortbed Conversion
This Longbed to Shortbed Conversion Kit for 1963-1972 Chevy/GMC trucks will take the confusion out of this customization...
- Rust Removal: Electrolysis vs Evapo-Rust ~ Which is Better?
When it comes to rust removal, is electrolysis better than Evapo-Rust?
- 1955 Chevy Pro-Touring Build
1955 Chevrolet hardtop step-by-step restoration process of a highly sought after American classic by MetalWorks in Eugene, Oregon.
- What Is A Traditional Hot Rod?
What is the meaning of the term Traditional Hot Rod, what qualifies as one, and where do you find the parts? Matt from Iron Trap Garage sits down and answers those questions, and gives us a few tips and tricks for hunting for parts for your own builds. While this isn't the set in stone definition of a Traditional Hot Rod, this should help differentiate between a hot rod, rat rod, and street rod... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVomUCyuJe8 Project and Part Donor Cars For...
- How To Cut Sheet Metal With Ease ~ Electric Throatless Shear
The Eastwood Electric Throatless Shear is a heavy-duty professional quality tool ruggedly designed for many years of reliable service.
- The Wagon Queen Family Truckster at Barrett-Jackson
From Walley World to Palm Beach, Florida. Watch the family Truckster (and Aunt Edna) cross the Barrett-Jackson block...
- Slammed, Chopped, and Notched ~ Zac's C10 Chevy Gets LOW
Zac takes his Chevy C10 chopper hauler and gets it real low to the ground with a lowering kit from Belltech. We approve.
- One Badass Turbo Diesel Rat Rod Pickup
Take a tour of Troy Gubser's Turbo Diesel Chevrolet rat rod pickup! This thing sure has character, and it's a blast to roll around in.
- Ignore the Internet ~ Build a "Pro Daily" Camaro
Ignore the Internet. Build a "Pro Daily" Camaro - Here is why you don't need 1,000HP
- Sinister '56 Chevy Smokin' Burnout in 1,000 HP Pickup
With a 1,000HP twin-turbo LS engine, a mean air bagged stance and perfect paint, the name “Sinister” fits this ’56 Chevy pickup perfectly.
- How To Reverse a Main Leaf Spring ~ DIY Reverse Eye Leaf Springs
MacroMachines demonstrates how to reverse the main leaf of a rear spring from a Model T, difficult due to the large hump in the middle.
- Keanu Reeves Shows Us His Most Prized Motorcycles
From his green Ducati in The Matrix Reloaded to his custom-built Arch motorcycles, Keanu takes us through his collection!
- How To Build a High Performance TH350/TH400 Transmission
DEBOSS Garage uses his '67 Pontiac GTO project as an excuse to go over how to build a high performance TH350 or TH400 transmission.
- Carburetor Cleaning with Pine-Sol vs Berryman Chem Dip
How does Pine-Sol compare to (arguably) the most popular carburetor cleaning solution, Berryman Chem Dip?
- 7 Insane Custom Off-Road Vehicles
Minds Eye Design shows you 7 insanely custom off-road vehicles.
- 1959 Chevrolet Impala Coupe Collision Repair
This incredible 1959 Chevy Impala is a beautiful example of a low mileage, all original beauty. Unfortunately, it was hit in an accident.
- Chris Rusch's 1930 Sedan Hot Rod Build
This movie short documents Chris Rusch's Hot Rod build that transpired over a 4-day period with an incredibly talented group of builders.
- 1949 Lincoln Lead Sled / 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis Body Swap Build
We took an 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis, hacked it up to fit a 1949 Lincoln body - we used the entire chassis with heat, AC, cruise control.
- 1967 Chevrolet C10 Small Window Stepside Pickup Truck Build
via Hand Built Cars ~ David Ramsey's 1967 Chevrolet C10 Small Window Stepside Pickup Truck Build Project.
- Great Balls of Fire ~ Exhaust Flame Thrower Compilation
A compilation video of exhaust flame throwers ~ Great Balls of Fire! Plus, how to build and install exhaust flame throwers...
- 1951 Buick Special Deluxe Custom Chop Top Build
"THE SHANE ASYLUM" ~ H.A.M.B. Member hacknwhack's custom ride: A home-built 1951 Buick Special kustom chop top.
- How To Make an Inexpensive DIY Fab Table
Justin the Fabricator demonstrates a very useful design of a fabrication table using inexpensive and strong materials to make a table more versatile for fabrication.
- Which Duct Tape Brand is the Best?
Project Farm asks "What brand of duct tape (all purpose tape) is the best" and does some thorough test to find out!
- Differential Contact Patch and Pinion Depth Explained
Differential Contact Patch and Pinion Depth explained by the professionals at Driveline Master.
- Build Biology: Ken Block's 1,400hp AWD Ford Mustang
What goes into the making of such a beast, one that can take a helacious beating and look so good while doing so? Here's your answer.
- 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback RestoMod Build
Raybestos Brakes partnered with Schwartz Performance to RestoMod this Coyote Boss 302 1969 Mustang Fastback.
- How to Narrow a Ford 8.8 Inch Rearend
The Ford 8.8 is quite possibly the most DIY friendly rear axle out there: they are cheap to modify and replace parts on. This covers strip-down, measurements, cutting and welding
- How To Make a Custom Air Breather/Air Filter From Scrap
Rat Rod Bob is at it again, this time crafting a custom air breather for his rat rod.
- Roadkill's Mike Finnegan Brings Blasphemi and a Massive Burnout
Roadkill's Mike Finnegan brings his infamous 900 horsepower drag car - Blasphemi - to the Donut Garage. Jon Chase sizes up his competition, and gets inspiration for his own Tri-Five build... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV9WrEbjtN0
- Can JB Weld Repair a Broken Connecting Rod?
The original JB Weld is an excellent epoxy, but is it strong enough to repair a connecting rod that has broken into five pieces?
- Evercoat Feather Fill G2 vs Slick Sand Polyester Primer Surfacer
Ratsnest Hotrods sprays both Evercoat Feather Fill G2 and Evercoat Slick Sand Polyester Primer Surfacers and shares hid opinions, as well as several helpful tips.
- How It's Made ~ Leaf Springs
The popular TV show "How It's Made" takes a look at how leaf springs are made at Eagle Suspensions in Durant, Oklahoma.
- 1963 Chevrolet Impala RestoMod Project
From RestoMod ~ 1963 Chevrolet Impala restomod project by the Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois.
- How To Convert To Electronic Ignition and Never Change Points Again!
Pertronix Ignitor Electronic Ignition replaces breaker points and troublesome stock ignitions.
- 1967 Pontiac Firebird Build ~ Project Oculus
Watch this '67 Pontiac Firebird named "Project Oculus" get built by Snakepit Customs in Indianapolis, IN for Ric Peterson.
- DIY Steel Wheel Center Flip and Widening
This video includes demonstrations, discussions, do's and don'ts, tips and tricks about how to make wide and high offset wheels or rims...
- How To Weld Rusty Material
Today we're showing you how to use a cellulose stick rod to weld through the thickest rust we could find.
- Automotive Painting Basics and Techniques with Kevin Tetz
Kevin Tetz shows you the basics of painting, setting up a paint gun and spraying a car with a Concours 2 HVLP paint gun from Eastwood.
- Velvet Cherry ~ Jerry Dunbar's Volksrod
Jerry Dunbar's 1954 Volkswagen oval window beetle turned radical volksrod dubbed "Velvet Cherry".
- Take a Walk Around an Abandoned NASCAR Cafe
Long Abandoned and since torn-down NASCAR Café in Sevierville, Tennessee ~ Take a Walk Around.
- 1951 Mercury Monarch Chop Top Hot Rod Build
This 1951 Mercury Monarch was acquired in trade. The plan is to make a nice reliable driver so a late-model chassis swap was in order.
- Insane 1 Day 1967 Mustang LS Engine Swap
A group of friends and strangers donated parts, time, and money to LS swap a '67 Mustang in a SINGLE day at the Roadkill Zip Tie Drags.
- Converting an Automatic to a Manual Transmission
Stacey David swaps an automatic transmission for a manual 6-speed in with parts from American Powertrain in a '90s Ford Mustang.
- Differences Between Early and Late Model 4L80E Transmissions
Curt from Monster Transmission uses some 4L80E transmission cores to show the external differences between the early and late models.
- 1953 Chevrolet 3600 Raybestos Restomod Truck Build
Raybestos Brakes partnered with Schwartz Performance to restomod a 1953 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Truck they transform this timeless classic into a Pro Touring beast.
- 1963-72 Chevy/GMC Truck Under Bed, Side Fill Gas Tank Conversion
This tank is specifically for use with a SIDE Fill system and leaves you with TONS of options for a custom fill location on your truck.
- 1959 Cadillac Coupe DeVille Redesign ~ Modernizing an American Classic
The 1959 Cadillac Coupe DeVille built today... What would it look like? The SketchMonkey redesigns the '59 Coupe DeVille and turns it into a car of today.
- Former Fire Truck: 1952 GMC 9700 7.9L Turbo Diesel Build
A former City of Woodstock Pumper #1 fire truck, Bob Ward’s 1952 GMC 9700 is a full size beast with a Turbo Diesel 7.9L International Motor and air suspension.
- How To Pinstripe Wheels
This demonstration shows how to paint a simple one line pinstripe around a set of GM steel wheels.
- 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Restoration Project
Dave Struebing's 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Restoration Project by the Hot Rod Factory of East Bethel, MN.
- Daily Driver ~ 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe Club Coupe
Connor bought this 1948 Plymouth Special Deluxe Club Coupe from his uncle to replace his 2010 Mazda 3 as a daily driver.
- How To Repair Cast Iron ~ Stick Welding with Muggy Weld
Follow along with Brandon Lund as he repairs a broken cast iron exhaust manifold using Muggy Weld with no pre-heat.
- Hot Rod Fabrication with an English Wheel
Kyle Voss of The Fab Forums makes some transmission panels for the "Bibbster" project using an english wheel.
- How To Rebuild Top End ~ Chevy 350 Small Block Engine
Chris shows you how to rebuild the top end of a Chevy 350 V8 small block engine.
- How To Install One-Piece Door Glass in 1955-59 Chevy & GMC Trucks
How To Install One-Piece Door Glass in 1955-59 Chevrolet and GMC Task Force Series Pickups, Panel Trucks and Suburbans.
- Diesel Rat Rod Gooseneck Hauler Pushes Over 100psi!
"Wild Torquey" 1931 Chevrolet Diesel Rat Rod ~ bagged, straight axle’d, Cummins diesel, nitrous, methanol and a hell of a lot more.
- How To Determine Your Engine's Redline
How do you know where your engine's Redline is? Here's your answer.
- Gas Brazing Technique
What's the difference between welding and brazing, and when is it acceptable to braze a part over welding it?
- How To Wire Your LS Swap Fuel Pump and Fans with Relays
From The Driveway Engineer: Relays Made Simple ~ How to wire your fuel pump and fans, plus how to enable fans in HP Tuners.
- 1,000HP Rat Rod Truck Gaps Everything ~ Built for Under $10,000
Meet Matt Graber and his 1000HP Rat Rod Truck, Rusty. He built the truck at home, in his garage, and for under $10,000.
- How To Become a Carburetor Tuning Expert with an AFR Gauge
Become a Carburetor Tuning Expert ~ Tune by AFR Gauge ~ Installed in 30 minutes and what a difference. Parts List Included.
- How To Repair And Straighten Stainless Trim
Stainless trim is common to many cars from the 20s through the 70s; with a little effort it can be made to look like new again.
- Wee-Man's 1962 Chevy Impala
Wee-Man and his 1962 Chevrolet Impala in long beach — hear a good story, shred a local skate park, and grub up on some quality Mexican food.
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About Drag Racing
The Papadakis Racing Team owner Stephan Papadakis walks you through 7 things you didn't know about drag racing technology.
- Rat Rod Steering Wheel and Shift Knob Ideas
Steering wheel & shift knob ideas for your rat rod.
- One Man, One Truck ~ 1961 Chevrolet Apache K10 Build
I am 64 years old and this 1961 Chevrolet Apache K10 build was basically a one man project. The truck was a search and rescue service vehicle.
- 5 Tips To Better Flux-Core Welding
via ManCrafting ~ This video offers 5 solid tips to improve your flux-core welding.
- Patina: How to Create and Preserve
CarTech® and Kevin Tetz have produced the first book published that cover the many variables involved with creating and preserving patina...
- 1923 T-Bucket Parked 50 Years Hides Surprises From 1969
In 1969 locals knew him only as Kenny — 50 years later, one local finds out that Kenny was actually Kenny Howard, the legendary pinstriper known as Von Dutch that painted and striped his '23 T-Bucket.
- Which Truck Bed Liner is Best?
Project Farm tests several common brands for durability in the cold, hot, resistance to chemicals, impact, scratch resistance and more.
- How and Why to Upgrade to Vortec Cylinder Heads
GM Vortec cylinder heads add horsepower to your small block Chevy — Learn what upgrades are required to step up to Vortec-style heads.
- How To Remove a Pilot Bearing with Bread
This video shows how to remove a pilot bearing from a flywheel using bread instead of an expensive puller.
- How To Paint A Car with House Of Kolor's Jon Kosmoski
These video clips are from the "Kustom Painting Made Easy" by Jon Kosmoski of House of Kolor...
- 1953 LS Powered Country Club Nash Rambler
Get up close and personal with Dennis Quinn's 1953 LS Powered Country Club Nash Rambler spotted at Holley LS Fest.
- Top 10 Greatest Movie Car Chase Scenes From the 70's
Counting down the Top 10 crazy and best movie car chase scenes from the 1970's.
- 1959 Ford Thunderbird Mild Custom Build
When I saw Larry Watson's 1958 Thunderbird "Vino Paisano" in a magazine, I was hooked. So I found a '59 online and this is what happened.
- How To Make a Hydraulic Bench Vise
Generally, there’s very little that can go wrong with a bench vise, but when something does, why not take the opportunity to roll your own? And, while you're at it, make it operate with hydraulics instead.
- Jonathan Ward's ICON Chevy Thriftmaster Truck
Automotive designer Jonathan Ward gives us an inside peek into the ICON 4x4 brand and his latest creation, the ICON Chevy Thriftmaster truck.
- How To Tear Down A Chevrolet 350 Small Block Engine
Chris shows you how to tear down a junk yard small block Chevy 350 engine to prepare it for rebuild.
- DIY Drift Trike Project by Cut Weld Build
YouTuber Cut Weld Build time-lapses you through a 212cc Predator engine powered DIY Drift Trike project.
- Fast Driver, Slow Car vs Slow Driver, Fast Car
What matters more in a race - car or driver? Donut Media puts a fast driver in a slow car, and a slow driver in a fast car to find the truth.
- How To Cut and Buff a Clear Coat
Jeremy goes over how to buff and cut a clear coat after a fresh paint job.
- The Race of Gentleman 2019 ~ Santa Barbara Drags
The Race of Gentleman 2019: Santa Barbara Drags was something out of this world — a total clash between crazy cruisers and bad ass race cars!
- How To Make Shock Absorber Stools
This video demonstrates how to make a pair of stools from shock absorbers, coils springs, and some shop scrap.
- Ride Along ~ Jeff Brock's Record Setting Bonneville Run
Ride along with Jeff Brock in his 1952 Buick Super Riviera, "Bombshell Betty". Filmed at the Bonneville Salt Flats during Speedweek 2012 — the in car footage shows Jeff's world-record setting run clocking in at over 160 miles per hour.
- Rat Rod and Steampunk Motorcycles
The Best of Rat Rod and Steampunk Motorcycles from Jawa Tino.
- How To Adjust Fuel and Float Level on Holley Carburetors
Holley Performance demonstrates how to properly adjust the fuel level and the float on Holley four-barrel carburetors.
- How To Quickly Make Custom Gaskets
The Good of the Land needed a full set of gaskets for a chainsaw restoration project and a tool already purchased for a different purpose was the perfect solution...
- How To Install Holley LS Engine SBC Valve Cover Adapter Plates
If you really want to keep them guessing, grab a pair of Holley Small Block Valve Cover Adapter Plates for your LS engine!
- A Chevy Impala that Defines Muscle Car
Mike Musto drives what may be THE quintessential muscle car.
- How To Measure Differential Pinion Depth
How to use a Pinion Depth Checker to measure pinion depth on all stand alone differentials that are not part of a transaxle.
- Rat Rod Ideas: Pedals, Gauges and Mirrors
Pedal, Gauge and Mirror Ideas for your Rat Rod Project...
- 8 Insane Diesel Engine Swaps
8 Insane Diesel Engine Swaps ~ OK, there's only 7 diesel engine plus 1 giant Sherman Tank Ford GAA petrol engine.
- ICON Derelict ~ 1949 GMC Long Bed
A barn find 1949 GMC truck hiding a sports car under perfect patina! Come along for a ride to learn what makes an ICON Derelict so special!
- Chevrolet S10 ~ Everything You Need To Know
Whether your Grandpappy left you his old truck or you found a donor, if your thinking of building something S10 based, Start Here.
- Survivor ~ 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air on Original Tires
Phoenix, Arizona ~ We're looking at Jim Sheehan's 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air with 20,000 original miles and still has the original 1957 tires!
- Monster Ford 427 Top Oiler Engine Build and Dyno
Watch as KT Engine Development builds a monster Ford 427 FE Top Oiler with 498 cubic inches in sleeper form and runs it on the engine dyno.
- How To Calculate Compression Ratio
When building any engine, one of the most important factors to consider is compression ratio.
- Pinion Snubbers ~ Mopar Traction Voodoo Explained
To snub or not to snub. The How's and Why's of Chrysler's most traditional traction device, with insight from F.A.S.T. Racing's Dave Dudek.
- How To Brighten Classic Car Headlights with Relays
Back in the day, most automobiles fed full power, drawn directly from the charging system, through a headlight switch, a mechanical dimmer switch, then back through the firewall, and finally to the headlights.
- Is Amsoil Power Foam Better Than Seafoam or Marvel Mystery Oil?
Is Amsoil Power Foam or Amsoil Performance Improver better than Seafoam or Marvel Mystery Oil? Project Farm finds out.
- 1939 Mercury Coupe Found ~ Surprise Inheritance
Matt from Iron Trap Garage received a call from a good friend about tagging along to look at and help pull out a 1939 Mercury Coupe.
- How To Make Custom Size O-Rings
You'll learn how to measure and cut custom size o-rings using nitrile o-ring cord bonded with Cyanoacrylate adhesive (Super Glue)...
- Inside Comedian Gabriel Iglesias' $3 Million Volkswagen Bus Collection
Fluffy comedian Gabriel Iglesias owns a $3 million collection of classic Volkswagen Buses in his enormous personal museum.
- 2018 PRI Show ~ New Parts, Crazy Engines, Insane Cars
The 2018 Performance Racing Industry - PRI Show is the hardcore racers show with tons of new parts and crazy race cars. Take a look... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8gnuBJChk
- Build Biology: 1956 Drag Racing Chevy ~ The Creamsicle
The Hoonigans resident drag racing daddy Jon Chase nerds out on this Hot Rod Drag Week-legendary '56 Chevrolet...
- How To Rebuild Bottom End ~ Chevy 350 Small Block Engine
Chris shows you how to rebuild the bottom end of a Chevy 350 V8 small block engine.
- How To Make Auto Rubber Trim with Silicone Molds
We recreate a rare trim gasket for a 1958 BMW Isetta — Setting up a silicone mold, casting with flexible urethane, plus tips and tricks.
- 1963 Chevrolet Impala SS Custom Lowrider Project
1963 Chevrolet Impala SS Custom Lowrider Project dubbed "Jackpot"
- How To Make High Quality Copper Lugs
In this video, YouTuber 1 Road demonstrates how make high quality copper lugs (copper terminals) out of copper tubing. It's cheap and easy.
- Budget LS Engine Build Recipes
The Driveway Engineer provides a quick overview of basic, budget minded builds you can do with your LS Engine build project.
- Top 5 Ways To Waste Money On Your LS Engine Swap
From The Driveway Engineer ~ Top 5 ways to waste money on your LS engine swap.
- DIY Robot from Scrap Metal ~ Time Lapse
Welding a nice wall piece created from recycled metal, a teapot and a jug along with some old cutlery and other items.
- Gene Winfield's Legendary Customs
Travel with Dennis Gage to Mojave, California to meet legendary racer and custom car builder Gene Winfield.
- Proof of the Pluses ~ "Confidential" 1956 Chevrolet Film
This video compares the 1956 Ford and Chevrolet automobile offerings by completly tearing down both a Ford and Chevrolet car.
- 3 Most Significant Cars Of The 1970s
The 1970s had some diverse automobile offerings - massive cars could still be had and small micro-sized cars were gaining in popularity.
- How To Safety Wire Bolts and Drill Hardware
How to Safety Wire Bolts, Grips and Drill Hardware ~ Also known as Lock Wire or Speed Wire..
- How To Fix Sloppy Steering ~ Problems and Solutions
Armed with the knowledge you'll gain from this video, there's no reason your steering can't be made tighter and more precise.
- Crossplane vs Flatplane V8 Engines ~ Which Is Best?
Flatplane vs Crossplane V8 Engines ~ Foreign vs. Domestic ~ What is a flatplane crankshaft? What is a crossplane crankshaft?
- Long Tube Headers Vs Shorty Headers
Learn the different performance characteristics of the two most common header styles: long-tube headers (full-length) and shorty headers. Carl explains how each header design can improve your vehicle performance.
- 100-Year Old Race Cars Saved from Life In Museum
Brian Blain Motorsports Foundation centers it's efforts on finding, preserving, restoring, and driving amazing vintage race cars.
- DIY Smoke Machine Finds Vacuum Leaks Fast
This DIY smoke machine can help you find vacuum leaks fast for $15 with little more than a jar, a Bic pen, a hose, and a soldering iron.
- 10 Campers and Overland Vehicles with New Tech and Vintage Looks
These retro caravans and campers are from the 50's to 70's, classic motor-homes and vintage campers.
- 1936 Chrysler Airstream Convertible Sitting For 65 Years
Matt, Jason, and "Grandpa Joe" go on an adventure to dig out a rare 1936 Chrysler C8 Airstream Convertible Sedan.
- How To Re-Upholster a Car Seat
John Hunt demonstrates the steps required to fully re-upholster a car seat. Watch.
- 1946 Oldsmobile ICON Derelict ~ Detailed Overview
This video is an effort to communicate the level of work that goes into making each ICON Derelict project a capable modern driver.
- Bluetooth Car Stereos for Classics
Ryan McDonald with Custom Autosound stops by to talk with Dennis Gage about Bluetooth stereos for classic cars and trucks...
- 1956 Ford F100 Pickup Truck Build Photo Compilation
Build photo compilation of a 1956 Ford F100 restomod pickup truck project built by Ford-Trucks.com member 56panelford.
- How To Flare Brake and Fuel Lines
Hagerty's Kyle Smith walks through how to properly create an SAE/double/inverted flare on your brake and fuel lines for your classic car or truck...
- Girls of SEMA 2018
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas... except for the SEMA Girl compilation videos. Here are the first to start making the rounds.
- 1,200 HP 1965 Chevy C10 Restomod Build
This 1,200 HP 1965 Chevy C10 restomod was skillfully built by the Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois for the 2017 SEMA Show.
- Danny Trejo's 1952 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup
Danny Trejo and his 1952 Chevy 3100 Pickup on CarCast With Adam Carolla.
- How To Restore Bolt Threads
Whether your bolt is cross-threaded or has threads that are flat, there's a fix.
- How To Tie a Steel Rod in a Knot
Paul Pinto demonstrates how to tie a solid steel rod in a knot, which could make a cool shift knob or handle or other Rat Rod detail.
- Where To Find and How To Buy Used Coyote Swap Engines
Jason shares some of the things he's learned about acquiring used Coyote engines for the purpose of engine swapping.
- Heath Pinter's 1929 Ford Sport Coupe
Heath Pinter stops by the Donut Garage with his 1929 Ford Sport Coupe. We swap stories and The Hoonigans pressure him into shredding tires.
- Tapping Essentials ~ Every Machinist Needs to Watch This
In this Tip of the Day video, Mark goes deep into the art of tapping, giving you valuable insight into which tap to use, and when to use it.
- How To Draw ANY Car In 3 Simple Steps
TheSketchMonkey shows you how to draw any car you want using just 3 simple steps. Try it.
- 1955 Chevrolet 3100 Stepside Pickup Truck Build
via Hand Built Cars and built by the Hot Rod Factory in East Bethel, MN.
- Which Metal Cut-off Wheel is Best?
I tested the DeWalt, Harbor Freight Warrior, Diablo, Lenox Diamond, Makita, and Milwaukee metal cut-off wheels for speed and durability.
- How to Reupholster a Truck Seat
The seat of a truck may take the worst beating of all. Learn how to reupholster your truck seat following this step by step video.
- 3 Simple Rules to Troubleshooting Anything
3 Simple Rules to Troubleshooting Anything: Do the easiest thing first, Don't rely on the people that tried and failed before, and...
- Project Stuie ~ 1951 Studebaker Truck Gets an LS Coversion
Jeremy shows a thorough, step by step install of a Holley Sniper EFI fabricated intake manifold on an LS engine in his 1951 Studebaker Truck.
- Twin Turdos: Will DIY Forced Induction Make More Horsepower?
We were looking at a fan setup in one of our offices and thought to ourselves "hey, we could make a turbo out of that for 'almost' free".
- Time-Lapse ~ Pontiac GTO Tri-Power 389 V-8 Engine Rebuild
It all started with some bins of rusty Pontiac 389 parts and a block with a gaping crack in one cylinder the size of a tennis ball.
- The Rusty Classics of Nelson's Ghost Town ~ Eldorado Canyon, Nevada
The Rusty Classics of Nelson's Ghost Town in Eldorado Canyon, Nevada ~ An old gold mine with a ton of classic cars, trucks, old buildings and sights for miles...
- Full Restoration: 1968 Volkswagen Bug
Watch the FULL At Home Restoration of a 1968 Volkswagen Beetle acquired for a paltry $250 from start to finish.
- 1953 Chevrolet 5 Window RustoMod Truck Build
From Hand Built Cars ~ 1953 Chevrolet 5 Window Pickup Truck / S10 Chassis Swap / 5.7 TPI Engine Swap
- Road Tour Chop Top ~ 1951 Ford Roof Chop and Leading
Street Rodder Magazine taps Honest Charley Garage to tackle the roof chop to bring the 1951 Ford one step closer.
- 1964 Ford Falcon $100 At a Time
The car was a shell when he got it, now a running classic car with a Ford 302 V8 and a 5-speed manual transmission out of a Mustang 5.0.
- Driveway Build: 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback
Say hello to the most irresponsible financial decision of my entire life, a 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback project.
- How to Build a Custom Steering Column Drop
Matt makes a custom steering column brace/drop for a cowl steering setup...
- UNEASY ~ 1963 Chevrolet Impala SS Build
Acquired as an abandoned project, this '63 Chevy Impala was already in bad shape when it arrived from Texas.
- How To Adjust Ride Height With Torsion Bars
Dylan McCool demonstrates how torsion bars work and how to adjust your vehicle ride height with torsion bars.
- 1968 Chevrolet C10 Shortbed RestoMod Build
This build started as a father and son project with a 1968 Chevy C10 cab — It's just that the father owns a hot rod shop — Wild West Street Rods in NM.
- Biggest Burnout In History ~ Australia Breaks World Record!
What do you get when you gather over 100 cars in Australia, and line ‘em up for burnouts? A Guinness World Record, baby!
- Welding Distortion ~ Tips for Keeping it Square
You can limit distortion by weld sequence, fixturing or clamping, and selecting weld sequence and direction of travel.
- 1963 Chevrolet Biscayne 230 Restoration
I ran across a 1963 Chevrolet Biscayne a couple months ago, it had been sitting in a field since 1985.
- The Most Overlooked and Underappreciated Muscle Cars
Overlooked and underappreciated muscle cars, including the Pontiac Ventura, Dodge Demon/Plymouth Duster, Mercury Cyclone and others.
- Old School Tech ~ How to Drop Early Ford Steering Arms
IronTrap Garage shows the "old school" way to drop the steering arms on an original set of Ford spindles.
- Rat Rod Exhaust Ideas
Exhaust ideas for your rat rod.
- 1955 Studebaker E Series Pro-Touring Pickup Truck Build
This 1955 Studebaker Pro-Touring truck sits on an Art Morrison chassis and is powered by a MSD fuel injected small block Chevy.
- The Lost Art ~ Master Sign Painter and Pinstriper TJ Guzzardi
Vintage Sign artist TJ's been pulling dagger lines since he started building his first hot rod with his dad at the tender age of 15.
- Bad Daddy Braddy's 1,000 HP LS Powered T-Bucket
This '27 LS1 powered T-Bucket is a 1,000 HP backyard built bucket of death that slays the quarter mile just a hair under 9 seconds. Builder Brad is now chasing 8s with his budget build style.
- I Can't See What I'm Welding ~ Welding Helmet Shade Number Chart
Taking the time to find the right helmet for your needs can increase your productivity and weld quality, as well as your comfort...
- The Cherry Bomb '68 Camaro
Cherry Bomb's 1968 Chevy Camaro ~ 800 hp from is LSX 427 engine and in true Cherry Bomb style, it disturbs the peace everywhere it goes.
- 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 409 Restoration Project
This '64 Chevy Impala gets a complete body off restoration at the Hot Rod Factory including a full floor pan and 409 with a 4 speed.
- 1965 Ford F-250 Revival ~ First Start in 26 Years
Watch the epic revival of an abandoned 1965 Ford F-250 pickup truck that was left to rot on a farm for 26 years.
- How To Make A Custom Battery Box
The Fab Forums make a custom battery box for the twin turbo project...
- How To Break-In a Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshaft
How to break it in a hydraulic flat tappet camshaft ~ Here's the proper break in procedures to ensure long life for your performance cam...
- A "Willy Cool" 1938 Willys Pickup
Check Out "Willy Cool" ~ a HEMI Powered 1938 Willys Pickup spotted at the Holley Hot Rod Reunion.
- Custom Built 1955 Chevrolet Nomad Wagon
This custom 1955 Chevrolet Nomad Wagon was built by Classic Car Studio and dubbed “Gone Mad 55”.
- How To Make Tools To Stretch Sheet Metal
Kyle Voss of The Fab Forums demonstrates a tool he made to help stretch sheet metal.
- When to Polish vs Compound vs Wetsand
Have you ever debated whether to Polish or Compound... or maybe Wetsand? Learn what each process accomplishes on the same scratch to better understand the capabilities and purpose of each respective technique.
- This VW Karmann Ghia is a Turbocharged Ice Scraper
This Volkswagen Karmann Ghia dubbed "the Ghiaru" was once headed towards the scrap heap. It was saved and got some Subaru power.
- Welding Helmet Tips, Tricks and Features to Look For
There are so many choices of auto darkening and passive lens welding helmets that are only a click away - Here's help sorting it all out.
- Insane Diesel Engine Motorcycles
From Motorbikes Style ~ Insane Diesel Engine Motorcycles.
- Rat Rod Ideas: Rims and Tires
Wheel, Rim and Tire Ideas for your Rat Rod Project.
- How to Convert Vintage Flourescent Advertising Lights to LED
Mike goes over the process for converting two old advertising signs that were once lit by ballast style fluorescent lights to LED lights.
- Double-Pumper Carburetor vs EFI ~ Dyno Room Showdown
Nick's Dyno Room has seen plenty of R & D over the years. This time around, he's going to test some of the new EFI technology against his trusted double-pumper...
- Tips On Using An Oxy Acetylene Cutting Torch
Several tips on using an oxyacetylene cutting torch - whether it's cutting or heating things up, it's a good tool to know how to use.
- BATTLESHIP ~ '69 Chevy C10 Full Custom RestoMod Truck Build
THE BATTLESHIP is the name of this full Customized, RestoMod 1969 Chevy C10 Pickup Truck built by Carolina Kustoms.
- Black Pearl | The Movie ~ A Chevy C10 Truck Build
The Fab Forums has combined all of the separate video clips from the build into a single Chevy C10 Truck Build Movie!
- Budget Ford 460 Big Block Engine Build
The team sets out to build a classic Ford 460 Big Block on a rock bottom budget. The Ford 460 engine build starts out with a junkyard 385.
- How To Make A Roller Bender
How to make a roller bender, sometimes called a roll bender, from simple stock and hardware at home...
- 15 Groovy Vehicle Designs From The 1970s
Vehicles of the 1970s came in many unique styles — Some were crazy, some were fun, and some shaped the vehicle production of the future.
- 5 Things You Need To LS Swap Any Vehicle
Swap a 4.8, 5.3, or 6.0 Liter LSX engine swapped into any vehicle and running by just following these 5 steps.
- Custom Extended Cab 5.9 Cummins Diesel Powered Studebaker Transtar
Deboss Garage's extended Studebaker Transtar cab conversion on a dually frame and powered by a 5.9 Liter 12v Cummins Diesel.
- How To Sew Square Corners ~ Upholstery Basics
How to deal with square corners when sewing vinyl, leather or fabric cushions or covers using a flatbed sewing machine.
- 13 Tips and Tricks for Drilling Metal
YouTuber AvE brings you an Advanced Drilling Skill Builder: 13 Tips and Tricks for Drilling Metal.
- Using Romex Copper Wire as Brazing Rod
Jere Kirkpatrick demonstrates using an oxy/acetylene torch and Romex copper wire as brazing filler rod.
- 1968 Chevrolet C10 AccuAir Air Ride Project
Tiffany ~ 1968 Chevrolet C10 AccuAir Air Ride Project ~ Original Texas SWB Truck w/ 53,000 miles
- 5 Top Muscle Car Engines of the 1960s
This video features five top muscle car engines of the 1960s...
- 1953 Chevrolet 3100 Suburban Build
Sly's 1953 Chevrolet 3100 Suburban full build album...
- How The 8-Track Tape Player Revolutionized Music Listening
This is the story of how the car 8-Track player forever changed music listening in our cars and trucks.
- How To Chop a 1938-39 Ford Truck Grill to Fit a Hot Rod Model A
Matt takes a 1938-39 Ford pickup truck grill insert and sections it to get the proportions to match a channeled Ford Model A Sport Coupe...
- DIY Vise With Quick-Lock Clamp
DIY Vise With Quick-Lock Clamp made from scrap metal...
- How To Troubleshoot and Fix Common Problems with a Plasma Cutter
Scott goes over how to fix problems with a plasma cutter including correct air and power settings, consumable issues and poor technique...
- Insane Ford Flathead Stash to be Sold-Off!
Matt has been helping a local Early Ford guru thin down on his stash of parts, and is readying 75+ Ford Flathead V8s to be sold.
- Which Metal Grinding Wheel is Best?
We test Norton, Dewalt, Warrior (Harbor Freight), Makita, Avanti, and Diablo grinding wheels with a price range from $0.99 to $6.28 each...
- How To Diagnose and Replace Universal Joints
Learn how to tell if your u-joints are bad and how to replace u-joints in this in-depth, how-to video that covers every aspect of u-joint replacement!
- Viva Las Vegas 2019 ~ Classic Cars and Tiki Pool Party Extras
Classic Cars and Vintage Tiki Pool Party from Viva Las Vegas ~ Amazing automobiles and all the cool kids and cats around the pool.
- 700hp 6.6 liter V8 1952 Volkswagen Beetle
Austria's Hotrod Hangar built this 1952 Volkswagen Beetle equipped with a V8 6.6 liter Chevrolet racing engine with 700 hp.
- 1947-50 Chevy & GMC Truck Windshield Installation
Precision Rubber demonstrates 1947, 1948, 1949, and 1950 Chevrolet and GMC truck windshield and gasket installation process.
- Shawn Cormier's TANKenstein and Black Widow Monster Trike
DEBOSS Garage's Filthy Rich met up with fellow YouTuber ShawnCFarm to check out his TANKenstein rat rod tank and Black Widow Monster Trike.
- All of the Crashes from the 2019 Daytona 500
Relive all of the crashes from the 2019 running of the Daytona 500 including The Big One that took out 21 drivers from the race.
- How To Calibrate Your Transmission Dipstick
Especially in a performance application, the importance of the transmission fluid level cannot be understated.
- How To Shave/Fill a Gas Cap Filler Neck on a Chevy C10 Truck
Eastwood helps Kenny address the first project of his Chevy C-10 restoration, shaving and patching the fuel filler hole.
- Supercharged Big Block 1968 Chevrolet C10
Want to know what it's like to drive a Chevy C10 shortbed with a 640WHP supercharged 502 big block in it? So did we.
- Italian Tune Up ~ Does Redlining Your Engine Actually Work?
The Italian Tune Up is often thought of as a solution for removing carbon from an engine, but does it really work?
- Cool Tool: Mechanics Mate Quick Change Hydraulic Puller
Mechanics Mate, an Australian company, demonstrates new tools designed to help mechanics do their job faster and easier at SEMA 2018.
- 7 Things To Check Before Buying A Used Diesel Engine
Filthy Rich shows you 7 things to check to make the right choice when buying a used diesel engine.
- Time-Lapse ~ Ford 289 V-8 Engine Rebuild
Redline Rebuild ~ Ford 289 V-8 engine (Fairlane, Mustang, GT350) time-lapse rebuild...
- How to Hammer Form a Speed Blister with Simple Hand Tools
Learn how to make a "Speed Blister", a common Hot Rod sheet metal detail for clearance and cool factor, with simple hand tools
- How To Notch Tube With An Angle Grinder
Learn how to notch tube using only an angle grinder.
- DIY Duct Tape Door Panels and Sun Visors
It’s durable, easy to apply, and cheap. One of the many colors, patterns, and designs of duct tape just may be your answer.
- 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air LS3 Pro Touring RestoMod Build
MetalWorks built this full pro-touring RestoMod '56 Bel Air for a customer. It features an Art Morrison chassis and GM Performance LS3.
- TIG Welding Crash Course
In this video, Cody shows the camera guy, Joe, the basics of TIG welding and how exactly to get started!
- 1/2" Breaker Bars ~ Snap-on vs Mac vs Matco vs Pittsburgh Pro
Breaker bars use the same sockets as your standard ratchet, but give you a lot more leverage resulting in a lot more torque.
- How To Make Custom Ford Flathead Radiator Hoses
The guys show how they made custom radiator hoses for the sectioned '32 grill and custom radiator combination.
- 1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille ~ Will It Run?
Will this 1959 Cadillac DeVille Run? Watch the crew at Turnin Rust see if they can get this patina beauty back on the road again.
- Crown Spoyal ~ 1964 Chevrolet C10 Shop Truck Build
All 6 build videos were complied into one full version of the 1964 Chevy C10 Shop Truck build, or watch the individual episodes below.
- Rat Rod Ideas ~ 4X4s, Off-Roadkillers and Muddin' Machines
Check out these 4X4s, Off-Roadkillers and Muddin' Machines for your enjoyment or to get ideas for your own project.
- 1932 Ford Hot Rod Survivor ~ Untouched 1950s Hot Rod For Sale
This specimen is a typical 1932 Ford five-window full fendered hot rod from the '50s or '60s. The car is powered by a 1949 Mercury flathead.
- 1958 Pressed Bumper VW Panel Bus Sitting For 50 Years ~ Will It Run?
This 1958 Pressed Bumper VW Panel Bus was last plated in 1968 and has been sitting for 50 years. Can we make it run?
- How To Lift, Move and Store an Engine
How to lift, move and store your engine with lifting brackets, load levelers, storage and moving cradles.
- 1932 Ford Dearborn Deuce Roadster Build
From RestoMod ~ 1932 Ford Dearborn Deuce Roadster Build by the Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois.
- DIY Carpet Installation in a Classic Chevy / GMC Truck
Installing new Carpet, Sound Deadener and Jute Padding is an easy weekend job that will quickly freshen up the interior of your Chevrolet or GMC Truck. We'll take you through our best Tips & Tricks that make this project simple, complete and give awesome results!
- How to Make a Model A Cowl Panel
Learn how to make a full cowl panel for a 1930 Model A Roadster.
- How To Remove Mill Scale
You need to remove mill scale prior to welding. Mill scale is a pain to get off without impacting the material beneath it.
- How To Make a Custom Brass Knuckle Shift Handle
Rat Rod Bob Builds shows how he made a custom shift handle and a brass knuckle shift knob for his 1931 Chevrolet rat rod.
- 1964 Buick Riviera Custom Build
I picked up this 1964 Riviera from the grandson of the original owner who had big plans to restore the car and never quite got done.
- How To Shape a Motorcycle Gas Tank with Ron Covell
Legendary metal shaper and fabricator Ron Covell shapes a motorcycle gas tank and explains the metal fabrication tips and tricks he uses.
- 1966 Chevrolet Custom C10 RestoMod Build
The Roadster Shop in Mundelein, IL applied their RestoMod savvy to this already immaculate 1966 Chevrolet C10.
- How To Convert a 1970-81 Camaro/Firebird Sub-Frame to Full Coilover
Doug from Global West Suspension shows you how to modify your 2nd generation F-Body Camaro/Firebird sub-frame to full coilover application.
- 1949 Buick Custom Chop Top Build
Got a '49 Buick - Planned to paint it and drive it. Things got out of hand and the next thing I knew I was building a full custom.
- Factory Five Racing MK4 Cobra Roadster Build
This video details the typical build sequence of a Factory Five Racing MK4 Cobra kit car from kit delivery to licensing.
- What to Look for in a Salvage Yard Engine or Transmission
Purchasing a salvage engine or transmission can save you a lot of money whether you're are fixing the daily or building a custom car.
- What is Ceramic Coating?
Ryan Parsons of Race Coatings gives us a demonstration of the ceramic coating heat treating process and the benefits in terms of performance and appearance.
- Soda vs Sand vs Glass Media Blasting
Ian Gilmore discusses and demonstrates the variations between soda blasting, sand blasting, and glass media blasting.
- A New Life for an Old Truck
For Andy, driving a 66-year-old truck isn't a hassle, it's an experience in itself. Watch how Andy modified his truck into his dream ride.
- Are Performance Air Filters Worth the Extra Cost?
Performance air filters claim to increase horsepower and improve acceleration, but do they actually work better?
- How To Wrap Exhaust Headers
There are a several applications of exhaust header wrap, but the principals are pretty much the same and covered in this video.
- Spray-on vs Roll-on Bedliner ~ Pros & Cons
With so many options out there, how do you choose the one that's right for you and your rig?
- Bust the Rust ~ Penetrating Fluid Rust Prevention Showdown
Project Farm tests penetrating fluid in a rust prevention showdown ~ Which busts the rust and prevents future rust the best?
- Not All Metal Is Created Equal ~ Offenhauser Speed Equipment
Iron Trap Garage stopped in to get the story on the past, present, and the future of one of the oldest speed equipment companies in the USA.
- 1957 Chevrolet Suburban RestoMod Build
Watch this 1957 Chevrolet Suburban RestoMod Build...
- Rat Rod Ideas ~ Long Roofs and Station Wagons
Rat Rod Station Wagon and Long Roof Compilation by Mountain Smoke Garage ~ Ideas and Inspiration for your own project...
- How To Drill and Press Dimple Holes in a Bumper
A simple demonstration of laying out, drilling and pressing dimpled lightening holes with dimple dies in a steel bumper.
- Abandoned Truck Finds New Home After 24 Years
From Dylan McCool ~ We rescue this Dodge truck from wasting away!
- Ken Block's AWD, Twin Turbo, 914hp Hoonitruck is Ready to Party
This thing was built by the fine gentlemen at Detroit Speed - JUST for Gymkhana. Using lessons learned from Ken Block's Ford Mustang Hoonicorn, it was made to be the ultimate AWD vehicle to shred in Gymkhana TEN.
- Ford Victoria Breaks Donut Garage World Record
In this Build Breakdown, Manny F. brings his small block 51' Ford Victoria by the Donut Garage — and he didn't come to talk.
- 1954 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup Truck ~ ICON Thriftmaster
Come along for a ride with Jonathan Ward as he explains this truck -- It is a sports car hiding under vintage pickup truck sheet metal.
- 1974 International Harvester Loadstar Custom
This Loadstar was an eBay Motors purchase with a long-term goal of building a custom roll-back wrecker and car hauler.
- Modern Bluetooth Radio for Classic Chevy or GMC Trucks
Add modern convenience to your 1947-87 Chevrolet or GMC Pickup without breaking the bank or having to cut apart your original dash.
- Detailing ~ This Is Better Than a Clay Bar and Only Costs $2
Is Plumbers Putty As Good As Clay Bar? Explore whether or not plumbers putty is a viable alternative for a clay bar.
- How To Replace C10 Truck Inner & Outer Rocker Panels
Eastwood helps with rust repair needed on this Chevy C-10 restoration. The inner and outer rocker panels get replaced...
- How To Scavenge a Junkyard
An introduction on how an auto recycling facility works, plus you'll see how to, and what kind of, parts are good to pull from a junkyard.
- 1944 Willys MB Jeep Restoration Project
The Willys MB U.S. Army Truck, 1⁄4-ton, 4×4, Command Reconnaissance, commonly known as Jeep and sometimes referred to as G503...
- Cut and Stretch ~ How Limos Are Made
Production begins with an ordinary car being sawed in half. Steel beams connect the two sections before an outer frame is attached.
- How To Install An Oil Catch Can
There are a few different designs when it comes to oil catch cans.
- How To Upgrade to Threaded Engine Block Oil Plugs
Oil plug holes in an engine block can become worn out which can lead to leaks and a potential blow-out. Here is a reliable threaded solution.
- 1933 Ford Three Window Coupe Build
1933 Ford Three Window Coupe by the Roadster Shop ~ Full build photo compilation.
- Hydraulic Valve Adjustment Made Easy
How to adjust hydraulic valves the first time, every time...
- How To Coat Headers with High Temperature Paint
From Power Nation Garage ~ How To Coat Headers With High Temperature Paint on this episode of Two Minute Tech!
- How To Add A Brake Light Switch To Your Vehicle
This convenient and easy to install pressure activated brake light switches, make it easy to add brake lights to almost any brake system.
- Motorcycle Board Track Racing ~ Los Angeles Motor Speedway, 1921
A truly special piece of American history, a glimpse into the high stakes sport of board track motorcycle racing in the Prohibition Era.
- Roadkill's Chevy vs Ford Cop Car Thrash Battle!
Freiburger and Finnegan discover which cop car they like best, the Chevy Caprice 9C1 or the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor P71.
- How To Make Simple Carbon Fiber Panels
This video demonstrates step-by-step the basics of carbon fiber lay up for vacuum bagging.
- 1966 GMC Handi-Van RestoMod Project
After a slow and uncertain start, I've finally started to get moving on my 1966 GMC Handi-Van RestoMod build with a TBI 350 engine and 200R4 transmission.
- How To Install Holley Sniper EFI
Holley Sniper EFI is perfect for hot rods, street rods, muscle cars, off-road trucks or nearly any carbureted vehicle.
- Stick Welding 101 ~ Getting Started with SMAW
Unlike other processes like TIG and MIG, SMAW doesn't require gas, which is one reason it is popular among farmers and hobbyists.
- 1955-1959 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Windshield Gasket Installation
Precision shows you how to replace and install windshield and weatherstrip in 1955-1959 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks.
- 1961 Chevrolet Impala ~ Dan Gurney’s American Export
“Chevy Impala" doesn’t tend to have motorsport connotations for most people, but that didn’t stop Dan Gurney from racing one in England...
- DIY Carburetor to Holley Terminator EFI Conversion
Holley Performance Products provided a Terminator EFI setup, which we recently installed in Davin Reckow's classic 396 big-block Chevelle.
- 1965 Chevrolet C10 RideTech Air Suspension Install
Johnny Merder from RideTech installs a complete air ride suspension system on his family-owned 1965 Chevrolet C10 truck.
- 5 Must-Have Metalworking and Welding Tools for Beginners
Top five must-have tools for metalworking — these will get you started and will be used no matter how much gear you add to your arsenal.
- How To Easily Fill Gaps In Metal
In this quick Tech Tip, Matt shows how he likes to fill gaps in metal that are too small to create a filler piece and to large to just weld as you normally would...
- How to Choose Between Cat-back vs. Axle-back vs. Muffler Exhaust
Differences in design, sound, and performance of Flowmaster muffler, Axle-back, or Cat-Back exhaust system for your vehicle.
- Is Royal Purple better than Amsoil?
Project Farm puts both products head to head in several tests: viscosity at varying temperatures, film strength, and evaporative testing.
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RestoMod Build
1969 Chevrolet Camaro RestoMod Build
- $500 Budget Performance Tires for 20 Inch Detroit Steel Wheels
In this video, Whitlock Garage installs and reviews the new Atturo AZ850 tires from Amazon on a set of 20 inch Detroit Steel Wheels.
- 1931 Ford Four Door Cummins Diesel Project
Jason's 1931 Ford Four Door Cummins Project is certainly going to ruffle some feathers.
- Tire Science ~ Does Bleach Make Bigger Burnouts?
The Hoonigans and Scumbag Labs see if soaking tires in bleach leads to bigger burnouts. Don't try this at home though. Seriously.
- Shep Shepherd's 1935 Ford Rat Rod ~ "MoonShine"
This beautiful 1935 Ford rat rod dubbed "MoonShine" is an absolute monster, and is also featured in Rat Rod Magazine...
- How To Setup a TIG Welder Step-by-Step
The professionals at Weld.com clearly guide you step-by-step through the setup process for a new TIG welder.
- DIY Metalworking Shop Makeover and Garage Organization
I went back to the drawing board and gave the shop a complete makeover, reorganizing it and optimizing the tool layout and workflow.
- How To Make a DIY Trailer Hitch Lock
Making a trailer hitch/coupler lock. Basic design: 4" steel tubing, two lock hasps and puck locks, a 2" hitch ball, and a hinge.
- Harbor Freight Step Drill Bits Review
Catus Maximus reviews different sets of Harbor Freight Warrior step drills to each other and a Bosch Step Drill.
- How To Build a High-Performance Flathead Ford Engine
Installing Camshaft, Crankshaft & Front Cover -- Piston & Rod Assembly & Installation -- Pan, Valve & Head Assembly -- Engine Dyno Testing
- English Wheel Metal Forming Techniques with Ron Covell
Master Metalworker Ron Covell demonstrates basic English Wheel techniques using the affordable Eastwood Benchtop English Wheel
- 2-Minute Tech: Hot Rod and Custom Glass Tip
There is a difference between glass for the windshield and for side or rear windows — This is what you need to know...
- How to Build Your Dream Car ~ Carter Kelly Kramer's 1976 BMW 2002
When Carter Kelly Kramer purchased his 1976 BMW 2002 off eBay at age 16, he thought he was buying his dream car in mint condition.
- Wild Homemade Motorcycles
With a work-with-what-you-have attitude, these Wild Homemade Motorcycles were built and compiled by Mountain Smoke Garage.
- DIY Harley Davidson Motorcycle from Scrap Metal ~ Time Lapse
As a Harley Davidson rider myself I love building these pieces — the only issue i have is parting with them.
- Builders: How To Get Sponsored and Make it to SEMA!
Car builder Dustin Williams, part of the SEMA Young Guns Crew, dives into some new parts and talks about getting car sponsorships for SEMA...
- Chrysler Hemi FirePower V8 Engine Rebuild Time-Lapse
After 10 months, 40,000+ photos and a lot of blood, sweat, tears and grease, the Chrysler Hemi FirePower engine rebuild is complete.
- Harbor Freight Knockout Hole Punch & Die Set Review
Great for punching ignition switch, warning light or other holes holes in dashboards, for example.
- How To Change Front Coil Springs in 1963-87 Chevy and GMC Trucks
This video guides you through the process of swapping your Classic 1963-87 Chevy or GMC pickup truck front coil springs.
- Defiant! ~ 1,100HP 1972 AMC Javelin AMX Custom Muscle Car
“Defiant!” is the wildest ride crafted yet thanks to its extreme appearance, cutting-edge construction techniques and four-digit hp output...
- Vintage Mini Bike Restoration and Ride
We take the mini bike apart, paint it, make a custom seat, install the Briggs engine and go for a ride.
- Split Personality: How To Install Exhaust Cutouts
EricTheCarGuy has installed not one, but 2 exhaust cut outs on his Ford Fairmont Project. The second cut out worked out much better.
- The Joys of Toys ~ Time Lapse and Drone Reel
Hagerty's film team likes to experiment and they’ve decided to play with automotive time lapses built from a variety of their shoots.
- Ventura Lowrider Super Show 2019
Ventura Lowrider Super Show ~ March 24th 2019 at the Ventura County Fairgrounds with over 900 Cars, Trucks and Bikes.
- 1972 Ford Gran Torino Big Block RestoMod Project
This 1972 Ford Gran Torino was rebuilt as a period-era hot rod - how it would have been done in the 70’s. This was a frame-off restoration.
- GM 12-Bolt Rear-End Positraction and Gear Swap
Have a bunch of power under your hood? Are you only spinning one wheel on those burnouts? Solve all your one-wheel peel problems here.
- The Science Behind Using Fire To Mount Car Tires
The science behind setting tire beads that have become unseated and mounting a tire on a wheel using a controlled explosion.
- The Basics of a 4WD IFS Front End
Four-wheel drive independent front suspension (IFS) systems have been used on a lot of pickups since the 1980s.
- Lost In Suburbia ~ 1936 Ford Sitting for 30 Years + Extras
Matt adventures onto Long Island to pick up a 1936 Ford Sedan Slantback that has been sitting untouched for the last 30 years.
- Who Says Real Mechanics Don't Wear Gloves?
Mechanics should consider wearing gloves — and not just to keep their hands clean — automotive mechanics can deal with some nasty chemicals.
- 1961-65 Chevrolet 409 ~ The Ultimate Budget High Performance V8
For 1961, Chevrolet debuted one of its most legendary V8 engines, the 409 cubic-inch V8.
- 840HP Dodge Demon HEMI V-8 Engine Build Time-Lapse
Dodge offered up the 840-hp, Hemi V-8 out of a Challenger SRT Demon for Hagerty's time-lapse treatment, they couldn’t say yes fast enough..
- How to Install New Billet Hood Hinges on 1967-1972 Chevy Trucks
Kevin Tetz demonstrates how to replace worn-out hood hinges on 1967-1972 Chevy/GMC trucks with high-quality Billet Hood Hinges.
- How To Weld Flat Projects Without a Welding Table
This video goes through necessary steps to reduce error in creating a flat surface using a three-point system to work off an uneven floor.
- This 1927 Oakland Racer Fits Just Perfectly
Brian uses his Oakland as his surf wagon, driving it to San Onofre to catch waves. He also makes his own 1920s and '30s style surfboards.
- 1953 GMC Suburban LS Powered Hot Rod Build
From Hand Built Cars ~ Jim Stafford's 1953 GMC Suburban LS Powered Hot Rod Build.
- The Bug ~ The Iconic Hot Rod of Icon Dick Kraft
"The Bug" is a flathead Ford V8-powered 1927 Model T built and driven by hot rod icon Dick Kraft — stripped to the bare frame rails and running essentials, in 1950, The Bug had become the "daddy" of modern dragsters.
- What To Know When Ordering Custom Wheels
You'll need the diameter and width, lug or bolt pattern, and offset. When a custom set of wheels is being made, you may need more.
- Rollin' In a Woody ~ Jack Dick's Surf Wagon
This 1926 Hudson was hand fabricated into a woody surf wagon by Ben McCloy and Scott Satteria of Jack Dick Custom's in Martinez, CA.
- How To Choose the Right Stick Electrode
It is important to know the characteristics of different stick welding electrodes ~ Stick Welding 201: Learning Electrode Characteristics.
- Single vs. Dual Reservoir Master Cylinders
Learn about Single and Dual Reservoir Master Cylinders as well as the benefits of using one over the other.
- Air and Fuel Delivery for Different Applications
A talk about air and fuel delivery on everything from street machines to the fastest naturally-aspirated race cars on the track.
- How To Change 454 Big Block Chevrolet Valve Springs
Richard Holdener shows step-by-step how to change the valve springs in a 454 Big Block Chevrolet yourself.
- What Type Of Muffler Should You Go With When Upgrading Your Exhaust?
This PowerNation Extra gives you a look at the different kinds of aftermarket mufflers available when you want to upgrade your exhaust system.
- 1933 Ford Roadster ~ Steampunk Hot Rod
Some art hauls ass. Mike Musto gets up close and personal with a 1933 Ford Roadster that started out as a Factory Five replica.
- How to Build Custom Flathead Headers
Matt starts laying out the headers for the Model T project, which has a 59A block flathead in modified 1946 Ford Frame rails.
- Rusty's 1965 Ford F100 and Trailer with 1972 Honda SL350 Motorcycle
An in-depth look at Rusty's 1965 Ford F100 and matching motorcycle trailer carrying Rusty's vintage 1972 Honda SL350 motorcycle.
- How To Install Ring and Pinion Gears in a Ford 8.8 Rear-End
In this video DIY Guide, The Fab Forums go over how to install ring and pinion gears in a Ford 8.8 rear end.
- Factory Five Racing MK4 Cobra Roadster Build ~ Lessons Learned
This video details the challenges I encountered when building a Factory Five Cobra Roadster.
- Is Pennzoil better than Lucas? Is Motul better than Penrite?
In a double-header oil showdown, we'll find out if Pennzoil is better than Lucas and if Motul better than Penrite?
- How To Test and Assess the Health of an Older Engine
Any used engine will have some miles on it. Here are a few tests you can run to get a health report on an older engine.
- Born to Kill Tires ~ 1977 Blown LS Austin Mini
Dario Gaiga brought his 1977 Austin Mini built to annihilate tires to the Cleetus and Cars event at LS Fest West 2019.
- The Insane Build of the Rampage 1970 Camaro SS
The 1970 Camaro SS that would be Rampage rolled into the Roadster Shop looking ratty—but intact—and remarkably straight.
- Solid Axle Basics ~ Speedway Tech Talk
Front axle for your street rod or your “gasser” styled dragster - Choose from drilled or solid designs as well as your choice length and finish.
- How To Choose The Correct Timing Set For Your Application
There are a few different types of timing sets out there, each for a specific application. Pat shows why each is used for each application...
- How To Remove an LS1 Motor and Transmission from the Bottom
This video demonstrates removing an LS1 engine and transmission from a 2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 from the bottom.
- 5 Things You Should Know When Building a Turbocharged Engine
If you're thinking of building a turbocharged engine, the information in this video will save you a lot of headache, sorrow... and money!
- 1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza ~ Handed Down and Modified
Petrolicious caught up with Christopher Mejia and his favorite Chevrolet Corvair Monza out of a collection that’s 25 cars strong.
- 1953 Chevrolet 210 ~ The Blue Ghost
Chevy 210 bought for the Carrera Panamericana ~ Drew drove the car in the race 3 times from 1989-91 and made it a daily driver for 7 years.
- What Parts To Keep During A Drivetrain Overhaul
Any time you do a major drivetrain overhaul you'll be left with a lot of leftover parts.
- How To Easily Remove Plasma or Torch Cut Slag
Here are some quick ways to get rid of that slag so you don't waste a bunch of time after a plasma or torch cut.
- Kurt McCormick's Legendary Lead Sleds
Dennis Gage visits Kurt McCormick in Imperial, MO and goes for a spin in a couple of legendary custom lead sleds.
- The Field of Rusty Dreams ~ A Secret Junkyard Stash
In the past, you could drive through any town in America and find the local junkyard for pulling parts for your hot rod.
- Ultimate DIY Welding Cart Build
Holey Joe Engineering demonstrates building a welding cart with a sliding cable rack, tank mounts, plumbing, and casters.
- 1948 Chevrolet 3100 Thriftmaster Restoration Project
1948 Chevrolet 3100 Thriftmaster Project ~ Full Restoration Slide-Show ~ Build by Gassman Automotive, Waynesboro, Virginia
- How To Recover Your Headliner
In this video I will show you how to recover your headliner the proper way so that you can have your car looking great again.
- Build Biology ~ Mike Burroughs 800hp Coyote Powered Ford Model A
Mike Burroughs' 2018 SEMA build is a Ford Model A based, supercharged, Coyote Powered monster of a pickup truck.
- Junk Car to Drag Car ~ Jon Chase's 1955 Chevrolet
Jon saved this 1955 Chevrolet from a life on blocks to being NHRA certified drag car, able to run 8.50 in the quarter mile.
- How To Fix Clogged Spray Paint Cans
You've been there: in the middle of your project, the aerosol spray paint can won't spray, it just quits; Here is how to quickly fix it.
- Autocrossing a 1965 Chevrolet El Camino
At his first event, it performed exactly how one would expect a stock '65 El Camino to perform - he and the car needed to grow together.
- Deep Drop 1974 Citroen HY Van Build
This 1974 Citroën HY Van is full custom and scratch built specifically to house a Mazda RX7 13B Rotary engine and gearbox.
- ICON Thriftmaster 1952 Chevy 3100 Five Window ~ Final Test Drive
Come along for a test drive in the ICON Thriftmaster 1952 Chevy 3100 Five Window. This one has some extra special details and options.
- Insane 650HP LS Powered Monster Truck Chevy Camaro Build
A Chevy Camaro with portal axles, rear steer, monster tires, and a turbo LS V8 engine with 650 horsepower motivating it all.
- Remanufacturing a Packard V12 Engine
Restore Cars remanufactures all types of senior classic car engines of the 1930s era, including this Packard V12 Engine.
- Beatersville Car and Bike Show 2019
Take in the 2019 Beatersville Car and Bike Show in the Warehouse District of Louisville on Memorial Day Weekend.
- How To Make a Vintage Padlock
This is the first lock I ever made and is something I’ve been wanting to make for 40+ years! There is room for improvement on the mechanism, but to me it is all about getting started.
- 10 Awesome LS Engine Swaps from LS Fest 2018
The LS swap has become common-place these days, but there were definitely still some crazy swaps at LS Fest that blew our minds! Watch.
- ProTouring 1955 Chevrolet RestoMod Build
This black ProTouring 1955 Chevy sits on an Art Morrison chassis and is powered by a MSD fuel injected LS3. Other components include
- Get The Right Transmission For Your Project
Stacy David gives great tips on choosing the right transmission and parts for your project, with the help of American PowerTrain.
- Ken Block's GYMKHANA TEN: The Ultimate Tire Slaying Tour
Ken Block and Hoonigan are pleased to present the latest and biggest video project of his career, Gymkhana TEN: Ultimate Tire Slaying Tour...
- How To Adjust the Choke and Fast Idle on Holley Carburetors
From Holley Performance ~ How To Adjust the Choke and Fast Idle on Holley Carburetors with Tom Kise...
- HOA Sues Over Patina Truck ~ Could Lead To Foreclosure
Andy Lipka loves classic cars. One of his latest obsessions is his 1965 Ford F250 pickup truck. His HOA hates it, and are suing over it.
- TIG Welding 101: An All Inclusive Introduction to GTAW
This is Weld.com's introduction to TIG welding video, and goes over how to get started in TIG welding from the most basic level.
- How To Bend Brake and Fuel Lines
Kyle Smith walks you through how to properly bend brake or fuel lines for your classic car...
- Ken Block Hoonitruck Raw Test SHRED Session!
Hoonigan Bonus Published Dec 2, 2018 ~ Raw test session video footage of Ken Block shredding in the Hoonitruck...
- The Insane Build of the C1RS ~ A 1962 Chevrolet Corvette
The build snowballed into something akin to a GM-built concept car ~ a modern ’62 Corvette infused with Europeanesque supercar-style touches.
- Gassers, Dragsters & Racers ~ 2019 Jalopyrama Hot Rod Show
Each year, Jalopyrama brings out some killer indoor featured cars, and the cars parked outside are just as spectacular.
- Which Flap Disc is Best?
Flap Disc Brands Tested: Harbor Freight Warrior, DeWalt, Makita, Walter Flex Steel, Diablo, and Norton Red Heat
- The Ultimate Drum Brake Repair and Replacement Guide
Learn how to replace your drum brakes including the wheel cylinders and bleeding the brakes.
- How To Remove Side Window and Vent Assembly from 1955-59 GM Trucks
How to remove the side window and vent assembly from the door on a 1955, 56, 57, 58 or 59 Chevrolet or GMC Task Force Series Truck...
- Time Burner ~ $*#t Welders Say
Dust off your welding hood and practice your beads so you can join in the fun! Here's $*#t Welders Say
- 1963-72 Chevy and GMC Dropped Rear Coil Spring Install
TV Host and Custom Car Builder David Welch goes over easily dropping your classic Chevrolet or GMC Truck with lowered coil springs.
- Homemade Lawn Mower Engine Mini-Choppers
Homemade Lawn Mower Engine Mini-Choppers — Compilation with original engines sound + Mini Bikes, Projects and Parts For Sale.
- 1955 Chevrolet 3100 1st Series Pickup Truck Build
Art Morrison chassis components enhance the factory frame and four wheel disc brakes by Wilwood were added, as was a new crate engine.
- Watch Classic Volkswagen's Become Electric Cars
Zelectric Motors specializes in 1958-1967 Beetle, Split-Window VW Microbus, 1960s Karmann Ghia, 1973-74 VW Thing, and early Porsches.
- Rust Encapsulator Paint Showdown ~ One-Year Challenge
Rust Encapsulators stop rust in its tracks and are the easiest way to stop and prevent rust and corrosion from spreading. Which one is the best?
- How To Calculate Cost Of Materials for a Tube Bending Project
When your project requires a little bit of tube bending, you'll want to calculate the cost of the materials you'll need. Here's how.
- Hot Rod Legend: The McGee Roadster ~ A Documentary
This documentary from the Historic Vehicle Association highlights the rise of hot rodding culture in America — thanks to the 1932 Ford roadster, widely considered to be the quintessential hot rod platform.
- How To Install a LED Headlight Set and Heavy-Duty Headlight Harness
This DIY headlight and wiring project is a great upgrade that takes just a couple hours of time with basic tools.
- Home-Built Briggs & Stratton Based Bobber
Bob Decker's handsome Briggs & Stratton based Bobber, designed and built to capture the looks of the classic Indian 101 Scout.
- How To Setup an Oxygen Acetylene (OxyAcetylene) Torch
A Solid Overview of the Use and Maintenance of an Oxygen Acetylene (OxyAcetylene) Torch Setup.
- You Must Drive This Rat Rod
From /BIG MUSCLE /DRIVE ~ If you are offered a drive in a rat rod, take it.
- Unconventional Engine Swaps ~ Roadkill
Watch Roadkill swap engines in a parking lot, a junk yard, and putting the totally wrong engine somewhere it should never go. It’s the Roadkill way.
- How To Check If Your Amazing Barn Find Actually Runs
You've found a fantastic vintage car or truck project, and it's cheap — But is it really worth repairing, or is it a dud?
- No Bottle. No Blower. No Bull. ~ Barry Clemons' 1964 Ford Fairlane
Life In The Fairlane ~ Barry Clemons' 1964 Ford Fairlane at the Holley Hot Rod Reunion ~ No Bottle. No Blower. No Bull.
- How To Design An Exhaust System
Richard Waitas from Magnaflow sat down to run us through exactly what goes into designing exhaust systems.
- 1970 Ford F100 RestoMod Muscle Truck Build
The crew at Classic Car Studio transformed this tired old 1970 Ford F-100 farm truck into a tire-shredding torque monster!
- Homemade Dirt Racer Swap Meet Find
IronTrap Garage had a lot of interest in the Homemade Dirt Racer they spotted at the Rhinebeck Swap Meet ~ one with Insane Mods!
- 1963 Porsche 356B Super 90 ~ Full OEM Restoration
After many years of neglect, this badly rusted iconic classic 1963 Porsche 356B gets a new life in this highly detailed restoration.
- Evans Waterless Engine Coolant
Waterless Engine Coolant is environmentally friendly, increases your fuel economy up to 10%, prohibits engine corrosion.
- 5 of the Greatest Cadillac Cars Ever Produced
This video showcases the five Cadillac cars that more than any of the other Cadillac cars helped Cadillac build its great reputation.
- Best DIY Garage Floor Coatings
Best DIY solutions for garage flooring and workshop flooring options and alternatives.
- Small Town Custom Built to Display Antique Car Collection
This artificial world was created for these fabulous cars from the last great boom/bust cycle.
- Which Bi-Metal Demolition Sawzall Blade Is Best?
Project Farm Tests Bi-Metal Demolition Sawzall Blades From MilWaukee Ax, Diablo, DeWalt, Lenox, Warrior, and Avanti.
- 1966 Ford GT40 Continuation Cars ~ Building A Legend, The Right Way
Ford GT40 continuation cars are kit car replica shenanigans put together with a case of cheap beer with your buddies in the garage.
- Essential Tools for the Home Mechanic
Popular Mechanics associate auto editor Ben Wojdyla shows us his recommendations for the essential tools in anyone's set in this episode of Saturday Mechanic.
- How To Ensure Clean, Dry Air for Painting, Powder Coating and More
Scott goes over the Complete Filtration System and how to install it to your compressed air system.
- How To Shave Door Handles
Matt goes over some tips and techiniques he uses when shaving door handles.
- Tube Bending Basics ~ What You Need to Know
Tube Bending Basics covers general knowlege of materials, dies, benders, Center Line Radius, bending gauge, cheater creation, and more.
- How To Shape, Gas Weld and Polish Aluminum
Chris Runge demonstrates the process in shaping, gas welding and polishing aluminum beginning with pattern making.
- Will WD-40 Work as Engine Oil?
Project Farm tests to determine if off-the-shelf WD-40 is a suitable substitute for motor oil in a small engine.
- How To Listen To An Engine
Here are two quick and easy ways to tell what's going on inside the engine just by listening to it carefully.
- Never Judge a Wagon by its Rust...
Taking 8 months of spare time and some help from close friends, Richie took this old Chevrolet wagon and made it a truly unique build!
- 1972 Porsche 911S Targa ~ Preserved, Not Pristine
You find a rusty, dust-covered Targa that hasn’t moved for decades. The decision was simple: it had to be saved. Saved, but not restored.
- Portland Roadster Show 2019
The Portland Roadster Show ~ Full Video Of The Event — Classic Cars, Roadsters, Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Traditionals, Trailer Queens and more.
- 1955 Chevy 4x4 Truck ~ Daddy's Girl
When a 1955 Chevy 4x4 is nicknamed "Daddy's Girl" you know it's going to bring nostalgia like no other.
- How To Swap Out a Lock Cylinder
You score a junkyard tilt steering column, but of course, the keys are missing. Here's how to swap out the lock cylinder.
- How To Modify Your Wheels the Old School Hot Roddin' Way
How To Modify Your Wheels the Old School Hot Roddin' Way with Bad Chad.
- Take a Trip Through the 2019 Detroit Autorama
Topwater Tony takes you on a trip through the 2019 Detroit Autorama at Cobo Center in Detroit, Michigan on 3/1/19.
- Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Lost Roll-In 2018
From the Rodder Files ~ Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Lost Roll-In 2018.
- 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Nomad Wagon Restoration
1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Nomad Wagon restoration project by the Roadster Shop of Mundelein, Illinois.
- This 1963 Corvette Destroys Super Cars!
This 1963 Corvette Destroys Super Cars! In this episode, we test out Superformance's 1963 Corvette Grand Sport! It is insane.
- How To Reduce The Odds Of Being Ticketed When Pulled Over
There are things you can do which will reduce the odds of being ticketed by a police officer who pulls you over for a traffic violation.
- 1932 Ford Coupe Hot Rod Build
via RestoMod ~ 1932 Ford Coupe Hot Rod built by the Roadster Shop in Mundelein, Illinois.
- The LS1 Engine ~ Overview, Complete Tear-Down and Assembly
This is the Technician Training video for the legendary LS1 Engine.
- Born That Way ~ Phillip Huff's 1964 Plymouth Barracuda Valiant
We look at Phillip Huff's beautifully restored 1964 Plymouth Barracuda Valiant at the 2018 Holley Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY.
- Roadkill Garage ~ Best Test Drives
Every so often, a build or a new car just runs perfectly right out of the gate. Here are those times when we knew we struck gold as soon as we started the car.
- Horsepower ~ Chevrolet Motor Division 1937
This vintage film from the Chevrolet Motor Division, released in 1937, describes how the term 'horsepower' came about and applied to mechanical devices...
- The Race of Gentlemen 2019 ~ The Pits at Santa Barbara Drags
This video is a walk around the pits of The Race of Gentlemen in Santa Barbara, CA by Snot Rocket Garage.
- How To Teardown, Rebuild, and Dyno a Small Block Chevy Engine
Pat and Mike tear-down, rebuild, and dyno a small block Chevy engine and end up adding around 60 HP with spare parts!
- How To Select a Torque Converter
A torque converter is a fluid coupling device that transfers power from engine to transmission. Here's how to select the right one for you.
- 70th Annual Grand National Roadster Show ~ Suede Palace
70th Annual Grand National Roadster Show (2019) - Indoor Displays ~ Take a peek into the Suede Palace.
- How To Select Automotive Primer
Kevin Tetz explains how to choose the correct primer for your application and when to use each type of paint.
- 1952 Chevrolet Sedan ~ "I Built It To Drive"
Justin Meyer and his 1952 Chevrolet Sedan were caught up with at the Holley LS Fest West.
- 5 Cars You'd Never Guess Shared Engines
A common presumption is that all expensive sports and supercars have unique and complicated engines. While that may be true in many cases; Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren, for example, there are many other sports cars with much more humble motors borrowed from ordinary vehicles...
- Hot Rod Revue: Orpwood Family Hot Rod Co.
If you've ever wondered what the Hot Rod scene is like in New Zealand, look no further than the Orpwood Family Hot Rod Co.
- Off-Roadkillers ~ Exploring Roads and Trails Less Traveled
Americans are known for seeking the roads less traveled and continuing to journey even after the road ends.
- Which Zip Tie Brand is the Best?
Project Farm tests seven different zip tie brands in hot, ambient (75F) and cold temperatures to determine which Zip Tie brand is the best.
- How To Choose And Use Hardline
Hardline materials each have pros and cons so you’ll need to consider the specific application or vehicle system that you plan to use it on, before making a purchase.
- Which is the Strongest Car Jack? 150 Ton Hydraulic Press Test!
Which is the strongest jack for lifting up and supporting your car or truck? Scissor Jack, Floor Jack, Bottle Jack or Jack Stand? Watch a 150 Ton Hydraulic Press Test.
- Planishing Hammer Basics with Ron Covell
Master Metalworker Ron Covell demonstrates basic Planishing Hammer techniques
- Chevrolet C10 SBC Motor Makeover
Sometimes, all a Small Block Chevrolet needs is a little tune up and a clean up.
- How To Know When To Crimp vs Solder
"Leave your wire nuts in your house, t-taps in the trash can, and the twist-and-tape method to your competition..."
- How To Choose Automotive Hose
Holley Performance looks at the different styles of Mr. Gasket hose available, and when to choose one over the other for your project.
- Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender Car Show 2019
Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend April 18th-21st, 2019 ~ 100s of Classic Cars and this video shows just about every car at the show.
- Does Water Work Better Than Penetrating Oils On Rusty Bolts?
Quite a few viewers have recommended water over penetrating oil for removing frozen nuts and bolts. And what about diesel fuel? Let's Find Out!
- 1949 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup Truck Restoration Project
1949 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup Truck restoration project by the Roadster Shop of Mundelein, Illinois.
- Chevrolet C10 Pickup Buyer's Guide
If you're looking for a vintage pickup, it's hard to go wrong with a second generation Chevy C10 — they're great drivers, parts are readily available and they're easy on the eyes.
- Dino's Git-Down 2018 ~ Chevy Only Show
GrinderTV talks with Dino about the past, present, and future of the Chevy Only Git-down, then headed to the show at Big Surf in Phoenix...
- How To Install and Shim a Starter
Starter gear not engaging, grinding or kicking out? Here's how to properly shim a starter and check clearances.
- "The Sound of Passion" with Chip Foose
Chip Foose reminisces about the calling he felt and time spent with his father repairing vehicles by day and building hot rods by night.
- How To Identify What's Causing Road Noise
Here are some ways you can try to track down those unidentifiable noises coming from a vehicle while you're driving down the road.
- Dragon ~ 1970 Ford Mustang Fastback Build
The Dragon features a Roush 427 IR crate engine, five-speed Tremec TKO transmission, and was built by the Ring Brothers.
- 1967 Chevelle Crate Engine Weathered Detail
This 1967 Chevelle has a great patina look and gets a fresh big block crate engine, weathered to match, as well as a wheel and tire swap
- How To Make A Pipe Vise
DIY ~ Mistry MakeTool demonstrates how to make a heavy duty 2" pipe vise... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL6USjQENZQ
- 700HP Stroker LS ~ How To Build Bottom End
Brad goes over in detail on how to assemble the bottom end of an LS1 engine. Follow along as he explains the block, crank shaft and piston assembly.
- Which Epoxy is the Best?
Get Answers: Which epoxy is the best? Are quick dry epoxies as good as 24-hr dry time epoxies? Which name brand is best?
- Vintage Service Station Gas Pump Light Restoration Project
IronTrap Garage was asked to film a restoration of an "antique" — this gas pump light fit the bill. Watch Matt clean up and re-purpose it...
- Rat Bikes and Rat Rod Motorcycle Ideas
An excellent compilation of Rat Bikes and Rat Rod Motorcycles ~ Original sound and packed with ideas.
- How To Make A Portable Air Tank From A Propane Tank
Take a spare propane tank and turn it into a useful portable air tank. No Tank Mods, No Removing Valve, No Drilling!
- How To Repair and Restore Vintage Trailer Tail Lights
How to repair and restore vintage travel trailer tail lights with VHT Nite Shades Red tail light spray paint and clear lacquer.
- How To Airbrush Ghost Flames with James Scott
James Scott of Paint by James fame demonstrates how to paint old school style ghost flames.
- Tech Talk ~ Ford King Pins and Spindles
Speedway Motors and Heath Petzoldt walk you through the process of putting different types of king pins together in this video.
- How To Color Sand and Buff a Car After a Fresh Paint Job
Step-by-Step Color Sanding and Buffing Plus Tips & Tricks - see how to color-sand and buff a fresh paint job to get a mirror finish.
- How To Choose a Clutch
Choosing the correct performance clutch for your combination will ensure you get all that power to the rear wheels.
- 1969 Chevrolet C10 Project
The motor is a ZZ4 with 700R4 Transmission. Drop spindles were used front and drop springs in the rear, plus new shocks and larger sway bars.
- How To Make Old Gauges Look New
This a short video on an easy way to make old gauges look new again. It doesn't take much just a little attention to detail.
- Ape Racing Is The Best Motorsport You've Never Heard Of
The Piaggio Ape is a tiny three-wheeled cargo vehicle popular in Italy, and with a little mechanical work, it makes an impressive race car.
- Camshaft Specifications: What They Mean
In this video, Camshaft Specifications that seem so hard to figure out, are clearly explained in detail.
- Types and Uses of Shears
You have several families of tools in your box, and one of those would be shears, which use two blades passing each other to cut material.
- DIY Early Ford Tie Rod Tool
Matt from Iron Trap Garage crafts a small socket/chisel tool used to loosen the stubborn early Ford wishbone tie rod ends.
- Highlights from the 70th Annual Grand National Roadster Show
Come for a walk through the 70th Annual Grand National Roadster Show with us and see what caught our eye.
- How To Prep a Patch Panel for Welding
The Pneumatic Perfect Panel Prep Tool easily provides a perfectly beveled 45° weld-prepped edge in 20 or 18 Gauge sheet metal to achieve solid, full-penetration MIG or TIG butt welds.
- 57 Vintage Photos of Classic Cars from the 1950s
57 Vintage Photos of Classic Cars from the 1950s
- Which Carbide Thick Metal Sawzall Blade is Best?
The Milwaukee Torch, Diablo, and Lenox carbide tooth blades compete against each other to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- 1960 Twin Turbo C10 Stands on the Bumper
Street Car Takeover in Columbus, OH brought us an insane example of a C10 that put it up on the bumper.
- Super Glue Show Down ~ Which Is Best?
Project Farm determines which brand of super glue is the best...
- Rat Rod Dually Compilation
Rat Rod Ideas Series ~ Rat Rod Dually Compilation by Mountain Smoke Garage.
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Buyer's Guide
If you're looking to find a Chevy Camaro of your own, Stefan Lombard talks you through the ins and outs of these cars.
- Land Your Dream Welding Job with These Industry Insider Tips
A discussion about the various soft skills and other things that are good to know if you're trying to get a welding job.
- How Ford Performance Hand Builds Coyote V8s and Ford GT V6 Engines
Justin's at Ford Performance to see how the team assembles Coyote Crate engines and hand builds the Ford GT Engine.
- Slammin' a '42 Chevy with Leaf-Springs on a Budget
Puddin's Fab Shop is slammin' the rear of Kevin's '42 Chevrolet truck with a pair of Belltech S10 drop leaf springs, lowering blocks and custom mounts.
- 1971 Dodge Demon Redesign ~ Modernizing the Original
TheSketchMonkey brings the 1971 Dodge Demon into today's world with subtle changes made to the Dodge Demon design, a cleanup and more.
- How To Swap a 454 Big Block Chevrolet Cam
Richard Holdener swaps a cam in a 454 BBC ~ This video shows you the step-by-step instructions so you can swap a 454 Big Block Chevrolet cam yourself.
- How To Break in a New Camshaft: Best Tips
The first few minutes of operation will determine the long-term survival of your flat-tappet camshaft. Ensure you break yours in properly.
- 1948 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup Truck Build
This cleanly executed RestoMod 1948 Chevrolet 3100 Pickup Truck was built by the Roadster Shop of Mundelein, Illinois.
- How To Remove Stains From Carpet or Cloth ~ For Car or Home
How to Remove nasty stains in your automotive carpet or cloth seating — even in your home. With this special mix, the stains will come right out.
- Custom Turbo Jaguar Built to Drift
This Jaguar is no joke ~ Four doors and 4.2 liters of force-fed British straight-six is that perfect recipe of strange we're looking for.
- What if the 1952 Chevrolet Deluxe Sport Coupe was Built Today?
SketchMonkey brings the 1952 Chevrolet Deluxe Sport Coupe into the modern world — Keeping the charm of the 1950s with design cues from today.
- New Tools From The 2018 SEMA Show
We look at new tools for Auto Mechanics, Auto Body Techs and Restoration Specialists from several companies from the 2018 SEMA Show.
- Dad Surprised with 1955 Ford Drive on 99th Birthday
Walt West's wish was to drive the 1955 Ford he bought brand new and has been parked in a shed for the past 47 years.
- MIG vs TIG ~ A Brief Explanation and Demonstration
MorFab Industries goes over some of the major differences between MIG welding and TIG welding.
- Bad Chad on Rear-End Fabrication and Welding Frame Components
Bad Chad explains rear-end fabrication as well as how to properly weld frame components.
- Viper V10 Powered 1951 Hudson Wasp Build
Kenny's Rod Shops' Viper V10 Powered 1951 Hudson Wasp Build. The shops' fab team in Boise, ID masterfully crafted this killer RestoMod.
- Petersen Automotive Museum and Vault Walk-Around
From Hoonigan Bonus ~ Petersen Auto Museum Walk-Around with Hert, Nads and Bad Daddy.
- Where To Start When Adding Power To An Engine
Who doesn't love more power? But when it comes to adding that extra power, you may not always know where to start.
- 1932 Ford Roadster Pickup Truck Build
1932 Ford Roadster Pick Up Truck build by the Roadster Shop of Mundelein, Illinois.
- Tech Talk ~ Hot Rod Aluminum Radiators
Speedway’s line of universal radiators makes it easy for budget-minded racers to get a professional-quality aluminum racing radiator.
- Ventura Nationals 2018 ~ Drive-Ins and Cruise
The Ventura Nationals is one of the biggest traditional hot rod/rockabilly car events in Southern California.
- 1957 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan Build
When I came along and said it was one of my favorite cars, the current owner was quick to offer it to me for $500.
- How To Make A Portable Air Tank From A Fire Extinguisher
Take a 5lb (or bigger) dry chemical fire extinguisher and turn it into a useful portable air tank.
- Pre-Viva Las Vegas 2019 ~ WelderUp Open House
At Steve Darnell's Shop in Las Vegas, Nevada — WelderUp Open House on Friday, April 19, 2019, where the show Vegas Rat Rods is filmed.
- How To Set Valve Lash On A Diesel Engine
Filthy Rich teaches you how to set valve lash on your 8 valve or 12 valve Cummins diesel engine.
- 1965 Chevy C10 Longbed to Shortbed Conversion
Three months were spent cutting and shortening the frame, bed-sides, and doing the bodywork and paint on this '65 Chevy C10 in his backyard.
- Which Carbide Bi-Metal Demolition Sawzall Blade Is Best?
The Milwaukee Axe, Diablo, and Lenox carbide tooth blades competed against each other to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- SuperTech Synthetic Oil vs Red Line Synthetic Motor Oil
Why spend $11.95 for Red Line synthetic motor oil when you can buy a quart of full synthetic Walmart SuperTech for less than half that price?
- How To Metalshape Fender Compound Curves
Chris Runge gives a detailed overview of the process for forming a compound curved fender including: paper pattern making, dissecting panels, shrinking, stretching, english wheeling and TIG welding.
- Power Adder Pros And Cons
Installing a power adder is a great way to increase power and torque in your vehicle. There are several different options available.
- 1968 Dodge Dart HEMI RestoMod Build
Fast Freddie's Rod Shop from Wisconsin built the ultimate HEMI Dodge Dart in a 4,000-hour project.
- Uses and Applications for Screws and Rivets
Power Nation goes over various types of screw and rivet fasteners available, touching on use and application.
- Fitting a 1947-54 Chevrolet Truck Body to an SSR Chassis
Chevy / GMC Advance Design truck cab is widened to fit a Chevy SSR chassis. Watch as the metal fabrication gets done
- How To Fix a Leaking GM 12-bolt Rear-end Pinion Seal
Does your rear differential leak gear oil everywhere? Do you keep installing a new pinion seal and having the same problem?
- 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback Redesign
This 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback has quite the story - TheSketchMonkey brings it back to its former glory.
- How To Epoxy Coat a Garage Floor
Kevin O'Connor assists epoxy-coating expert Doug Fasching in creating a good-looking, hardwearing, stain-resistant garage floor.
- Top Ten Reasons for Camshaft and Lifter Failure
Proper maintenance is key to extending the life of your cam and lifters. COMP Cams lists the Top Ten Reasons for Camshaft & Lifter Failure.
- Ford and the American Dream
Put together by Road Productions, this video is a well narrated look back at Ford and the American Dream...
- LS Head Science
Hoonigan Bonus ~ LS Head Science with CPR.
- Which Bi-Metal Sawzall Blade Is Best?
Project tests MilWaukee, Diablo, Lenox, and Warrior Bi-Metal Sawzall Blades.
- 5 Common Types of Welding Filler Rods
MIG welding is forgiving, but if you're welding different metals or need a nicer weld, turn to the TIG welder. But you'll need filler rod.
- How To Swap an LS Engine Camshaft
How to install an aftermarket camshaft into a GM LS motor ~ Richard Holdener takes us through every critical step of the process not only for beginners but also for skilled enthusiast.
- Uses For Different Tire Applications
Depending on where you're taking your rig helps determines what tires you'll need.
- 1968 Chevrolet El Camino SS LS3 Build
Hand Built Cars ~ 1968 Chevrolet El Camino SS LS Swap built by the Hot Rod Factory in East Bethel, Minnesota.
- How To Effectively Test Spark Plug Wires
Learn a simple and easy method of testing spark plug wires in order to eliminate them as the cause of poor engine performance.
- Track Drive Trike Build ~ Make It Extreme
Make it Extreme builds and intriguing reverse trike with a twist: track drive. That's right, a reverse trike with rear track drive.
- Gas Welding Technique
Weld.com gets into what you should look for in the weld puddle and talks about welding technique as it applies to oxy-fuel welding.
- 1958 GMC Fleetside and Air-Ride RestoMod Project
This big window, short bed, fleetside 1958 GMC 100 pick up truck has had the bodywork done and taken a spray coat of satin black.
- How To Adjust Timing on a Small Block Chevy Engine
In this Hagerty DIY, Kyle Smith walks you through the process of adjusting the timing on a Chevy small-block engine.
- 1962 Ed Roth "Mysterion" Re-creation Goes to Auction
RM Sotheby’s is offering the exceptional recreation at its Petersen Automotive Museum Auction on December 8, 2018. The hot rod is expected to go for six figures.
- 1965 Ford F100 / Police Interceptor Build
Works like a Truck, Rides like a Car ~ Chris Meyer gives you on a look at a1965 Ford F100 / 2011 Crown Vic Police Interceptor build.
- 1956 Chevy ~ Riding the Streets in “UGLY SISTER”
Creating a monster from madness and attention to detail, this “Ugly Sister” may be one of the best looking 6-second cars we’ve EVER seen.
- The AMC Gremlin ~ An American Motors Marvel
Though largely written off as a truncated Hornet, the Gremlin had a personality all its own and performed reasonably well during its first few years.
- How We Got Music in Our Cars
We’re looking at the cutthroat history of in-car audio — It’s been around longer than you think!
- Spirit of Aasen ~ 1953 Volvo PV 800HP 2JZ Swapped Drift Monster
Stig Arne Solheim built this 1953 Volvo PV444 with a 3.4 L 2JZ-GTE inline-six with a stroker kit, forged internals, and CNC ported head.
- 1969 Dodge Charger Pro-Touring Build
Built from just 25% of the original car, BBT Fabrications builds a very cool, very clean Pro Touring style 1969 Dodge Charger.
- Hot Rolled vs Cold Rolled Steel ~ What's the Difference?
What's the difference between hot and cold rolled steel? Jordan Smith explains.
- 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Pro-Street Build
1970 Plymouth Barracuda 528ci HEMI Pro-Street built by BBT Fabrications of Mahomet, Illinois.
- How to Box-In a Differential / Solid Axle Rearend Housing
You'll learn how to fabricate and weld on steel plates to stiffen the rear axle and prevent it from torquing when under load
- ALL of Ken Block's Gymkhana Cars: In-Depth with Ken and Scotto!
Ken Block and Brian Scotto go through every single car that was used from Gymkhana Practice to Gymkhana NINE - yep, even the Subarus!
- Chevy Impala ~ Everything You Need To Know
Join James as he explores this landmark car, from the Bel Air Impala, to the legendary 409, to the 90s SS and beyond.
- In Torque We Trust ~ 1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
The 'Cuda Formula S was upgraded in-house by Plymouth with suspension and brakes that allow it to keep up with European sports cars.
- Gassers 5 RevFest Car Show 2018
The 2018 Gassers 5 Rev Fest Car Show was held at The Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo, California. There's plenty of V8 engine song and tire smoking burn outs...
- How To Chop a 1932 Ford Radiator
This project requires moving the radiator in front of the front cross member, making new radiator mounts, and combining a Model A top tank and a '32 Ford bottom radiator tank to work with the Flathead V8 engine in the car.
- How To Choose The Right Paint For Your Project
There are several paint systems you can choose from for your project, so here's how to choose which one is best for you...
- Popular Classic Car Wheel Bolt Patterns
Starting in the late 1920s, American automobile manufacturers primarily used a five lug bolt patterns which remain common today.
- 10 Vintage Scooters So Ugly They're Beautiful
Did you have one of these vintage scooters as a kid? Here is our list of 10 vintage scooters that are so ugly they're beautiful.
- Hot Wheels Turns 50: The Story Behind the No. 1 Selling Toy
Hot Wheels’ 50th Anniversary year is on track to be their biggest in the brand’s history. Here's what's new in the world of Hot Wheels.
- Ken Block's Insane Hoonitruck Makes Goodwood FOS Debut
Watch Ken Block's insane Ford Hoonitruck drift like crazy at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- 1967 Chevelle Wheel and Tire Swap
This 1967 Chevelle has a great patina look and gets a fresh look with a wheel and tire swap
- Holley LS Fest West 2019 ~ Day 2 Recap
The car show was big, a ton of vendors, spectators came in by the dozen, drag racing was intense, autocross was very competitive.
- Tire Size Guide: Radials, Poly/Fibers, Bias-Ply's, Cheater and Dragster Slicks
A comprehensive list of Radials, Poly/Fibers, Bias-Ply's, Cheater Slicks and Dragster Slicks — each original tire size is listed — and each of the related measurements is charted.
- Ken Block's 914-HP Hoonitruck
Based on a 1977 Ford F-150, the Ken Block's 914-HP Hoonitruck makes its massive 914 hp and 702 lb-ft of torque thanks to a custom-tuned V6 EcoBoost turbo motor taken straight from the Ford GT Le Mans development program.
- Rusty Mini Cooper Stored 40 Years Sold at Auction for $25K
Someone just paid $25,000 for a 1965 Mini Cooper S which had been rusting away in a shed since 1978.
- 20 Crazy Trikes Built to Turn Heads
Minds Eye Design takes you through 20 custom trikes that were built to turn heads.
- Differences Between Intake Manifolds
There are more intake manifolds on the market today than you can shake a stick at. Here are some of the more popular solutions explained.
- Types And Jobs Of Different Fasteners
There are a lot of different options for fasteners. You may want to upgrade to something stronger or better looking.
- The Life and Death of Pontiac
What made Pontiac so important to automotive history, and what lessons can be learned from its demise?
- How To Choose a Holley Carburetor
Holley carburetors are built for performance — From NASCAR To Your Car, NHRA to boats, Holley carburetors build power and perform out of the box.
- Allentown, PA Fairgrounds Vintage Drags
E.J Kowalski and Bill Rowe hosted a weekend of vintage drag racing at the Allentown Fairgrounds on the old circle track.
- Funeral Parlor Now Houses a Cool Chevy Collection
It's every gearhead's dream to have a space they can turn into a man cave, shop... whatever you call the space that houses a car collection.
- How To Disassemble An Early Ford Straight Axle (with stuck rusty bolts)
Matt and Mike show the down and dirty on how to blow apart a complete front axle. Surprisingly there were only a few parts that were tossed in the trash.
- Can MotorKote Survive the Water Test?
Project Farm tests the claims of this product to see if the engine will survive for an entire hour without any damage.
- Metal Cutting Saws ~ Dry Cut vs Abrasive vs Band Saw
Evosaw380 Dry Cut Metal Saw vs Dewalt Abrasive Chop Saw vs KAMA EV996 Metal Bandsaw. Which one offers the best bang for the buck?
- 1968 Mercedes-Benz 280SE ~ The Blau Coupe
This is the ultimate cruiser, a leather-swaddled land yacht that is equal parts engineering triumph and sensory indulgence.
- 1960 Chevy Impala RestoMod Project
Tony’s '60 Chevy Impala gets an IRS chassis, an LSA engine, 6L90E transmission, custom exhaust and headers, new wheels and more.
- Medusa ~ Viper V10 Powered 1971 Plymouth Barracuda Build
1971 Plymouth Barracuda with Viper V10 engine swap dubbed “Medusa” ~ An over-the-top build by All Speed Customs.
- Mooneyes Xmas Party 2018 ~ Drag Strip
Of course Mooneyes Xmas Party wouldn't be complete without the drag races! A/FX, gassers, traditional hot rods, and muscle cars challenged each other to see who could run the 1/8th mile down the drag strip...
- Top Trucks from SEMA Show 2018
Enjoy some of the top trucks from the 2018 SEMA Show.
- Take A Few Extra Minutes and Do Things Right
Stacey David talks about the importance of taking the time to do things right the first time and not settling for "it works fine".
- 1970 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Frame Off Restoration Project
Well, mostly 1970, with some '72 parts, and others.
- 2019 Rat City Rukkus ~ Las Vegas, Nevada
Rat City Rukkus 2019 ~ Roll-in and walk through with some Burn outs from Steve Darnell from Welderup and a Coal Smoking exit.
- 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 528 HEMI Build
via RestoMod ~ 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T with 528ci HEMI and Shaker Scoop Hood.
- Steering 101 ~ Main Parts and Functions
The actual steering wheel function is obvious, there are several other parts to make it all work so we're going to run through the basics.
- Lone Star Throwdown 2019
Everything is bigger in Texas including the truck shows. Lone Star Throwdown is the godfather of all truck shows. Lifted, Lowered, Classic.
- Rebuilding Shorty ~ Fixing a '53 Chevy 3100 Chassis Swap Gone Wrong
This 1953 Chevrolet 3100 truck arrived after another shop had tried to put it on a 2000 GMC chassis with a 4.3 — they couldn't make it work.
- 6G 6010 Roots: Old Timer vs Young Gun
"Old Timer" Bob shows raking the root in with very little motion. "Young Gun" Hjalmar Aguilo shows his "Christmas Tree" pattern of putting in the root.
- The History of American Vehicles
Around the time Henry Ford was building his first car, so was Ransom Olds, father of the famous American Oldsmobile. But it was Ford who would establish the forty hour working week.
- Ken Block Gives Up 10 More Gymkhana Secrets!
Turns out, the world of video production is pretty crazy. Mix that with wild locations like Dubai, and you'll get plenty of stories about disappearing cars, desert crashing debauchery, and much more.
- 12 Most Insane Roads In The World
Some roads need to go through extremely harsh and treacherous places to help people get to their desired destination.
- 1950 Chevrolet De Luxe 2-Door Sedan LS1 Build
RAW RODS of Powell, TN built this epic LS1 powered 1950 Chevrolet De Luxe 2-Door Sedan from the ground up.
- 1967 Jeep Commando and 1994 Ducati M900 ~ The Odd Couple
Proof that if you see a car in the street that speaks to you - you should always put a card on the windshield.
- How To Diagnose Engine Oil Consumption
Our 1969 Chevrolet Camaro is consuming oil. Lots of it. Davin runs through a series of tests to identify the problem in the 396.
- LA Roadsters Show 2019 ~ Roadsters and Swap Meet Highlights
Over four hundred roadsters participated in the 55th Annual LA Roadsters Show at the Fairplex in Pomona, California on Fathers Day.
- Holley LS Fest West 2019 ~ Wrap Up
LS Fest West 2019 was a HUGE Success! We are so thankful and appreciative of every person that came out! Thanks and we'll see you next year!
- VIP Tour of the WelderUp Showroom in Las Vegas
Steve Darnell of WelderUp takes you on an exclusive tour of the WelderUp Showroom at his shop in Las Vegas.
- Tips and Tricks for Routing and Plumbing Hot Rod Brake Lines
Matt, George, and Andrew work on running all of the brake lines. Matt gives a few tips and tricks along to way to help.
- I Went To The Factory Five Build School ~ It Was Awesome!
The Factory Five Build School is a hands-on, three day workshop where students build a Factory Five Kit Car in three days!
- 5 Tips For Replacing A Clutch Set
If your clutch is worn, burnt, or slipping, a replacement clutch may be needed. Or you might be considering a performance clutch.
- Why The Boost Gauge Is Dead
Gale Banks proves that the boost gauge is not the measuring stick everyone thinks it is. All he needed was a turbocharged small block Chevy, an intercooler, and a dyno. Watch...
- Spinning Levers ~ 1936 Film Explains Transmissions
The transmission in the modern motorcar — the mechanism that makes it possible to have three forward speeds and a reverse — is a series of levers, levers that spin.
- Mooneyes USA Open House 2019
Mooneyes USA had another great open house ~ Traditional hot rods, lowriders, and kustoms from around SoCal came out to support the event.
- Does Engine Restorer Work? Will it Improve Engine Cylinder Compression?
Project Farm added Restore's Engine Restorer to a Ford 5000 turbo diesel tractor engine and tested compression before and after.
- How To Restore Scratched, Burnt, or Cloudy Welding Lenses
Matt at Urchfab shares a quick trick to get your old welding helmet lenses looking like new in 1 minute. Restore and recycle.
- Stuart Adams' 1969 TUX Camaro Build from Start to Finish
'TUX' took accolades such as Great 8 Finalist, Goodguys Street Machine of the Year, Street Rodder Triple Crown Award, and more.
- Weed Chain-Jack ~ 1917 National Geographic Ad
Simply a few easy pulls on its chain lifts or lowers the heaviest car while you stand erect — clear from greasy springs, tire carriers and other projections. Up or down — there's no labor.
- 1908 Mors ~ Fast, Dangerous And Heavy
“Fast, dangerous, and heavy” describes cars like the 1908 Mors; they truly were born out of the desire to push the boundaries of the then-fledgling internal combustion engine.
- Drilled, Slotted and Vented Brake Rotors ~ What's Best?
When replacing your brake rotors, you may opt to upgrade to drilled, slotted, or vented rotors. Which brake rotor is best?
- Red, Yellow and Blue Top Optima Batteries ~ What's the Difference?
Each OPTIMA® color designates a different technology. Your vehicle and your usage will help determine the correct battery color.
- 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Pro-Touring Build
Hand Built Cars ~ Pro-Touring LS1 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air built by MetalWorks Classic Auto Restoration of Eugene, Oregon.
- 1954 Studebaker 3R5 Pickup Truck Build
This build started as a top chop and has grown exponentially in custom metalwork.
- How To Install An Oxygen Sensor Bung
When engine swapping up to a fuel injected engine, there are a few things to consider when installing the exhaust, including O2 sensors.
- Holley Carburetor Installation and Tuning
How To, DIY, 3D virtual tours, exploded views of actual carbs, step-by-step under the hood installation, advanced tuning and troubleshooting...
- 1966 International Scout Pickup ~ Junkyard Rescue Home-Built Hot Rod
This rare '66 IH Scout was rescued from a junkyard 49 years ago and was restored at home over the course of nearly two generations.
- A Rare Glimpse Inside Blake's Auto Salvage
Tom finds an R-code Torino, a vintage White 706 tour bus from Yellowstone, and a low-mile Lincoln Continental Mk III.
- 2019 Hot Wheels Legends Tour ~ Detroit
Hundreds of custom builds from trucks to concepts to a Beetle hot rod came out, each competing to become an official 1/64th Hot Wheels®.
- SEMA Show 2018 New Product Winners
The Best New Product Award Winners announced on the opening day of the 2018 SEMA Show.
- How To Shave/Fill a Gas Cap Filler Neck
In this video, Eastwood helps Joe C. with his 1955 Ford F-100 restoration, shaving and patching the fuel filler hole.
- New Hot Rod Parts From The 2018 SEMA Show
We look at new Hot Rod Parts from several companies that debuted at the 2018 SEMA Show.
- Le Mans 1956 ~ On-Board Ride-Along with Mike Hawthorne
A camera and a microphone are fitted to racecar driver Mike Hawthorn so he can commentate his way around the Le Mans circuit in 1956.
- 27th Annual Yokohama Hot Rod & Custom Show 2018
The 27th Annual Yokohama Hot Rod & Custom Show, organized by MOONEYES, is the largest indoor custom car and motorcycle show in Japan.
- Holley LS Fest West 2019 ~ Day 1 Recap
Holley LS Fest West Day 1 from Las Vegas, Nevada! This was the first day of LS Fest West 2019 and it was a blast ~ tons of cars and fun!
- How To Identify Holley and Demon Carburetors
When it comes to identifying your carburetor, it’s not as simple as just saying “I have a Holley or a Demon”...
- Rust-O-Rama Classic Car Show ~ Rat Rods and Hot Rods
The 11th Rust-O-Rama in Salem Oregon. Classic Cars, Rockabilly Bands, Rat Rods, and as always, Mid Century craziness...
- Judging the 2019 America's Most Beautiful Roadster Award
Judging 2019 America's Most Beautiful Roadster Award ~ Who will win this year's America's Most Beautiful Roadster Award?
- How Turbos Work ~ Holley Performance
Turbo Chargers have become one of the most popular methods of forced induction, a sure-fire way to increase the horsepower output...
- How To Restore A Steering Column
To get started, take off the steering wheel, hub, adapter, and cover. Slide out the turn signal assembly and pop out the snap ring.
- How To Salvage A Vinyl Top
If you have a 1970s or '80s era car with a vinyl top, here are a few tips and tricks how you can salvage or restore yours.
- Universal Brake Drum Puller ~ Tools That Don't Suck
Iron Trap Garage used a universal brake drum puller that works quite well when used on a vehicle that's been sitting around for a long time.
- The Big 3 Booths at SEMA 2018
So, what did the Big 3 — Chevrolet, Mopar and Ford — bring to The SEMA Show 2018?
- Turbo Tech ~ What Do The Part Numbers Mean?
We explain what the part numbers mean and also tell you how to convert them to one format to compare across brands.
- A Roadworthy 1965 AMC Rambler ~ Impound Lot Revival
Junkyard Digs makes this 1965 AMC Rambler 770 Classic roadworthy again after 30 years in this Impound Lot Revival.
- Old School Cool ~ Pinstriper Von Hot Rod
For the past two decades, Von Hot Rod has dedicated his career to professional pinstriping, kustom art and kustom kulture events,
- Auto-Crossing Chevrolet C-10 Rebuild
Rebuilding an iconic street truck into a turbo-charged beast to debut at Holley's LS Fest West.
- Top 10 Gymkhana Secrets: Things You DIDN’T Know About the Gymkhana Films!
Every Gymkhana video has some sh*t that goes down behind the scenes that you have never heard of. Now, we're spilling all the beans.
- What's the Best Vacuum for Car Detailing
Best Vacuum for Car Detailing ~ TESTED: Ridged vs Shop Vac vs Armor All vs Vacmaster
- Ask An Expert ~ Car Detailer
From tricks and techniques for washing your car, claying, and waxing to myths surrounding ceramic coatings.
- FAST FREDDY ~ Baddest C10 on the Planet?
Racing a Pro-Modded chassis of the vehicle his father picked him up from school in, Fast Freddy merges sentiment with serious SPEED.
- In-N-Out Burger & Hot Rod Magazine 70th Anniversary Celebration
In-N-Out and Hot Rod Magazine are two California car culture icons, founded in 1948. This year they collaborated for Burgers and Burnouts.
- Rust-Oleum Turbo Spray System ~ 4x Faster Coverage
With Rust-Oleum Turbo Spray System, large projects are completed quickly. No Messy Cleanup. 4x More Paint. 4x Larger Fan Pattern.
- 1947-54 Chevrolet 3100 Shortbed Chevy S10 Conversion Kit Install
Code 504 is a manufacturer of high-quality Made in USA bolt-on S-10 frame swap kits - this demos a 1947-55.1 Chevy short-bed S10 Kit.
- Hooligans Car Club ~ Sled Fest 2019
The Hooligans Car Club of Central PA host a fantastic Pre-1964 Traditional Hot Rod and Kustoms show each year.
- How To Fix Automotive Paint Defects
This video addresses several questions about how to fix common paint defects such as paint runs, solvent boil, removing dust from the paint.
- Turbocharger Do's & Don'ts
Tristan from Precision Turbo & Engine talks about the do's and don't's of a turbocharger.
- Building Your Dream Ferrari Is A Beautiful Thing
A master fabricator, engineer, and builder, Giacobbi made this car to understand what his heroes experienced driving the Ferrari 250 TR.
- How To Create A Vacuum Source
Sometimes with an engine there is no vacuum source a vacuum advance distributor and fuel pressure regulator - Here's how you can solve that.
- A Drive Through 1940s Los Angeles
A drive through Bunker Hill and downtown Los Angeles, California in the 1940s.
- How To Assess an Unfinished Project
What happens when you come into an unfinished project vehicle? How do you know what’s sitting in your garage? And how can you find out?
- Shop Rags ~ Scott Blue Shop Towels vs. Red Fabric Shop Towels
Here's a review and comparison of the famous Scott® Multi-Purpose Blue Shop Towels vs classic cotton/polyester Red Shop Towels.
- 10 Classic Motorhomes and Vintage Campers
10 Classic Motor-homes and Vintage Campers from the 1950s to 1970s ~ Top Picks.
- This '61 Skylark was NEVER meant to go THIS FAST!
The 1961 Buick Skylark is back, this time at Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack, for a half-mile run — which is what this car was BUILT to do.
- How Superchargers Work
Centrifugal, Twin Screw, and Roots Superchargers - how they all work and what makes positive displacement superchargers so sought after.
- SEMA Show Tips for Successful Attendees
The SEMA Show team has gathered a very useful collection of the tips and tricks used by seasoned buyer attendees to make the most of the SEMA Show.
- How To Choose The Right Cam
Pat Topolinski from Engine Power goes over one of the most discussed topics when it comes to engines: cam selection. Here's how you can choose the right cam for your application.
- How Its Made ~ Dragster Tires
Dragster tires take quite a beating on the brief fast run down the track. The tires have to face full-on acceleration right off the line.
- 1929 Plymouth Roadster Restoration Project
Restoration of the 1929 Plymouth Roadster has been completed by Gassman Automotive of Waynesboro, VA.
- What's the Strongest Wrench Type? 40 Ton Hydraulic Press Test
40 Ton Hydraulic Press Test ~ Which is the Strongest Wrench Type: Combination Wrench, Adjustable Wrench, or Socket Wrench?
- LA Auto Show ~ Hoonigan Bonus Style
The Los Angeles Auto Show ~ Hoonigan Bonus Style: Nads Nerds Out at the LA Auto Show!
- Brothers Bond Over Co-owned 1972 Chevy C3 Corvette
Two brothers realized they could do and experience more in life if they started sharing. And what better to share than classic American iron?
- Hot Rods, Burnouts & Pinups ~ Beatersville Car and Bike Show
Beatersville Car and Bike Show in Louisville, KY is a traditional rod and custom show held annually on Sunday, Memorial Day weekend.
- Is Molasses Better Than Evapo-Rust For Rust Removal?
Molasses, Evapo-Rust, Muriatic Acid, White Vinegar, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, and water (control) are compared for rust removal.
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible 572 Big Block Build
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible 572 Big Block built by the Roadster Shop of Mundelein, Illinois.
- 1966 Chevrolet Chevelle SS Convertible Build
This is a very desirable 1966 Chevelle SS convertible that is 100% number-matching with a 350 HP 396 and 4-speed.
- Tech Talk ~ Buick-Style Finned Aluminum Brake Drums
You can slip these Finned Aluminum Buick Brake Drums onto several of our hubs. No machining. No re-drilling. Not a cover. Just style...
- How to Winterize Your Collector Car & Daily Driver
Scott goes over how to prepare your collector car or daily driver for storage over the winter.
- Ken Block Tells Us His Top 10 Gymkhana Tricks Ever!
Ken Block talks with Hert about some Gymkhana history, starting with his top 10 Gymkhana tricks ever. Such insight.
- How To Calculate Block Height
Block height measurement is used to calculate the final compression ratio for the combination and also affects other aspects of the engine...
- 1970 Oldsmobile 442 Build
This 1970 Olds 442 restomod with air conditioning, disc brakes, Hotchkis suspension, aluminum heads, and power windows.
- How To Repair and Polish Damaged Hubcaps
Matt breaks out a handheld planishing hammer and hammer and dollies to correct the damage before taking them to a near mirror polish.
- Bestline vs 10W-30 ~ Which Engine Self-Destructs First?
How long will a gasoline engine treated with Bestline run without oil? Project Farm finds out.
- Builders: Top 10 SEMA Show Car Sponsorship Proposal Do’s and Don’ts
Submitting a proposal for a SEMA Show sponsorship? Here are the Top 10 SEMA Show Car Sponsorship Proposal Do’s and Don’ts from SEMA
- When Dodge Bought Ford ~ Wait... What?!?
Before Henry Ford changed the world with the Model T, he was broke. Unable to get investors, he turned to The Dodge Brothers.
- Buying A New Car In 1970 ~ What Was It Like?
What was it like to buy a new car in 1970? What were the buying choices? Was it easier or more difficult than purchasing a new car today?
- Replacing Brake Shoes with Simple Tools
Servicing drum brakes isn't rocket science, and replacing the brake shoes is a great first project to get into working on your own car.
- Jeff Allen's LS Swapped 1963 Volvo Amazon
We ran into Jeff Allen at LS Fest West and took some time to talk to Jeff and share some of the highlights from his build.
- SEMA Show 2018 Day 1 ~ Insane Cars & Trucks
Enjoy this 2018 SEMA Show coverage and highlights of the coolest new cars, trucks and parts found at the SEMA Show...
- zMax vs Lucas Synthetic ~ Which Engine Self-Destructs First?
How long will a gasoline engine treated with zMax and Lucas Synthetic run without oil? Project Farm finds out.
- How a Retro Camping Trailer is Made
These single-axle rolling campers are comforting, birch-wood wombs inspired by Danish design and made with all-American parts.
- 1951 Chevy / Lexus LS400 Chassis Swap ~ Greatest $1,500 Ever Spent?
A tough-looking 1951 Chevrolet with a Lexus LS400 Chassis Swap. For $1,500. Seriously.
- Benefits and Uses of Different Royal Purple Lubricants
Royal Purple has everything from engine oil to transmission fluids to power steering fluid - no matter what your need, they have you covered.
- Simple Ford Flathead V8 Engine Mounts
Matt centers the engine in the chassis and welds in Ford style biscuit mounts for a Ford Flathead V8 Engine.
- Incredible Custom DIY Supercars People Built Themselves
Some people have built amazing supercars in their garage and from scratch — Here are some of the most amazing DIY supercars ever built.
- 10 Iconic and Obscure Vehicles from the 1960s
From the AMC Rambler Marlin to an Oldsmobile Tornado based Jetaway Coach, here are 10 Iconic and Obscure Vehicles from the 1960s.
- 6 Tools All Beginning Metal Fabricators Must Have
Going over the 6 most important and affordable tools all beginning metal fabricators must have in their garage.
- 1955 Chevrolet 4 Door to 2 Door Conversion in 4 Minutes
"I always wanted a '55 Chevy 2 door post but they're priced out of reach. I decided to do a 4 door to 2 door conversion. See it in 4 minutes."
- 10 Cars That Forever Changed America
The U.S. car market has had many trendsetting cars, but here's a list of the 10 cars that forever changed America.
- Why You Should Own A Vintage Vehicle
After stored for winter, I took my vintage truck out for the first drive of the year. I wanted to share this euphoric feeling with all of you.
- Holley Carburetor Rebuild Time-Lapse
Redline Rebuild ~ Davin Reckow rebuilds a Holley 4346, which can be found on Camaros, Chevelles, and Novas equipped with a 396-CID V-8
- SEMA Show 2018 ~ Special Pre-Access Media Tour
Special pre-access media tour of the exhibition halls at SEMA 2018 at the Las Vegas Convention Center...
- Factory Five’s New Hot Rod 2.0 at SEMA 2018
Factory Five has taken their classic design to a new level with the Hot Rod 2.0, as seen at The SEMA Show 2018.
- SEMA Battle of the Builders ~ Top 10 Hot Rods
The Top 40 cars in the SEMA Battle of the Builders was announced today. Here are the Top 10 Hot Rods...
- Far From Stock ~ 1963 Ford Falcon Futura
This '63 Ford Falcon gets daily drives in Los Angeles. This was a father + son build that should inspire you to teach your kids something.
- Classic Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Completely Rebuilt in 4 Minutes
She spit some fire and gave Davin’s right leg quite the workout from all of the kick starts, but she’s finally good to go.
- American Graffiti ~ That Must Be Your Mama's Car
Coming of age classic, directed by George Lucas, following four teenagers in the early 60s on their last summer night before college.
- Which Penetrating Oil is Best?
This test demonstrates that not all penetrating oils are equal and paying more doesn't result in better performance.
- Mother Gun ~ 1927 Bentley Jackson Special
Iconic doesn't begin to describe this 1927 Bentley Jackson Special, affectionately referred to as "Mother Gun".
- Spare Rim? Make an Industrial Style Bar Stool
Scott Turner shows how to turn a spare wheel into an industrial style bar stool...
- 1971 BMW 2002 ~ DIY Rally Racer
This 1971 BMW 2002 had been sitting since the mid-1990s when it was found it on Craigslist.
- SEMA Show 2018 Day 2 ~ More Insane Cars & Trucks
Second day of coverage and highlights from the 2018 SEMA Show including the craziest cars and trucks and some of the coolest parts.
- Daytona Turkey Run 2018 ~ Florida’s Biggest Classic Car Event
The Turkey Run is an event that takes place in Daytona, Florida each year during Thanksgiving week from Thursday - Sunday.
- 71 Vintage Photos of Gas Stations in America from the 1920s to 1940s
via Yesterday Today ~ 71 Vintage Photos of Gas Stations in America from the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s...
- Chevy Chevelle ~ Everything You Need To Know
This the Chevy that gave Ricky Bobby his courage back! It’s not the Corvette or the Camaro, this is the story of the Chevrolet Chevelle.
- DIY EFI ~ Plug-and-Play LS Engine Control
Terminator X was designed for DIY. Get all the benefits of fuel injection with the versatility and tune-ability that Holley EFI provides.
- Tire Slime vs Fix-a-Flat vs TireJect vs MultiSeal ~ Which Is Best?
TireSlime is compared to Fix-a-Flat, TireJect, and Multi-Seal in several tests. Take a look inside the rim and tire after testing.
- A Turbo SR20 Swapped & Dropped 1946 Jeep Willys
ho would think to take a 1946 Jeep Willy's and swap the motor from a Nissan 240SX? AutotopiaLA's friend Joel thought it was a great idea.
- The SEMA One Hour, 3 Minute Mega Spectacular
The Hoonigans took over SEMA 2018 — they took nearly the entire crew out to Vegas this year for five days of absolute mayhem, building, and show floor exploring.
- Is Leaded Fuel Better Than Unleaded Fuel?
100 octane low lead aviation fuel (100LL avgas) is tested in several engines: Wankel rotary, see-through piston engine, fuel-injected generator, a small engine for lead build-up, and Predator 212 for top speed performance...
- Ford's Fight To Remain An American Icon
Ford is the oldest U.S. automaker. But new technology and changing consumer preferences could put the century-old company in jeopardy.
- Buying Classic Cars ~ How To Do A Field Assessment
Learn how to look over a potential Daily-Driver classic car or truck, and how to negotiate your best possible deal...