Charles is a one-man-show in a small three bay shop in North Troy, New York. He primarily designs and fabricates parts for cars that are far from rat rods, his project car is a 1947 Plymouth. While his business caters to newer cars, Charles admits that it’s the classics he really enjoys working on. [More…]
Note: A majority of FE blocks have either a ‘352’ or a backwards ‘501’ cast into the front of the block. With the exception of a few hi-performance 428 blocks, most all other FE blocks are identical externally. The only way of differentiating between them, since there are no external markings to tell you what you’ve… [More…]
Plus Sizing your wheel and tire combination was designed to enhance vehicle performance and appearance by allowing fitment of larger diameter rims and lower profile tires. The theory is that while making these changes, you keep the overall tire diameter within 3% of the original equipment tires. [More…]
Torque converters are a type of fluid coupling which transfers rotating power from a prime mover, like an internal combustion engine, to a rotating driven load. In a vehicle with an automatic transmission, the torque converter connects the power source from the load. [More…]
We have always been a fan of creative exhaust – but generally we looked for the creativity under the car. This example, however, really grabbed our attention – We’ve given thought to running exhaust through the tailgate or rear quarter panel, but not the running board. Food for thought for future projects… [More…]
Those familiar with inverters usually know they offer size, weight, and portability advantages. They also can improve reliability by overcoming primary power fluctuations, also known as dirty power. Question: Does the weight of the plasma [More…]
Are you amazed at how many specialty cleaners are available to clean your vehicle? Ever wonder what the pros in Dealerships and Detailing Shops use? In those businesses, concentrated citrus cleaners have replaced them all and taken the center stage. [More…]
After his Triumph Spitfire engine crashed, this resourceful gearhead purchased a used engine from a seller on eBay Motors. Wisely, he chose to photograph the entire teardown so he had a reference to remember how everything went back together. [More…]
Most Read Posts
- How To Turn Railroad Track into a DIY Homemade Anvil (18,806)A short stretch of railroad track is turned into an anvil. The basic shape was cut with an angle grinder and file, then sanded and blued.
- Cliff Dive Destroys Ford F-1 Race Truck in Pikes Peak Hill Climb (8,029)1949 Ford F-1 Pikes Peak race truck was destroyed in a severe accident during the 2023 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
- Lower the Bar ~ Perfectionism is Ruining the Automotive Hobby (7,143)Don't let the pursuit of perfection ruin your project vehicle. Just have fun with it and get the vehicle on the road and driving.
- How To Tie a Steel Rod in a Knot (6,949)Here are two examples of how to tie a solid steel rod in a knot which could make a cool shift knob, handle, or other accessory detail.
- Ford 300 Inline 6 Hybrid with 5.3 Liter Chevy LS Cylinder Heads (6,764)Ken Hutchinson from Tall Garage is crafting a cylinder head for his Ford 300 Inline 6 from a pair of Chevrolet 5.3 Liter LS cylinder heads!
- 5 Common Mistakes That Cause Crooked Burnouts (5,420)5 Common Mistakes to Cause a Crooked Burnout! #racecar #dragcar #ahra #burnout #burnouts #nhra YouTuber and seasoned drag racer JustMoparJoe recently had an issue with his car burning out crooked at the inaugural No Name Nationals. He came home to find that his front brake wheel cylinder was leaking fluid. This inspired him to make a short video that explains 5 reasons why your car or truck won’t do straight burnouts. This information should help racers new and old that have...
- Tech Tip: Keep Your Original Rubber Seals and Gaskets (4,026)If you follow any tech tip advice from Steele Rubber Products, let it be this one! Keep. Your. Originals. Whether you are restoring a classic vehicle, repairing damaged rubber on your boat or RV, or replacing a universal seal on your tractor, this tech tip applies to you! Compare your new parts with the originals to ensure similar fitment. Over time, originals can lose shape and deteriorate, so they may not be exactly the same, but they should be very similar. There may be a...
- Planning for the 2023 Hot Rod Power Tour (3,452)Dan from DD Speed Shop talks the 2023 Hot Rod Power Tour. He shares what he learned at last year's event and planning for the event.
- 1928 Ford Model A Coupe Goes From Yard Art To Driver (3,424)Ben from Rotter's Garage bought a 1928 Ford Model A Coupe that's spent the past 8 years as yard art! He works to get it running and rebuilt.
- Quick and Easy DIY Headliner for Less Than $20 (2,658)DIY Headliner from thrift shop playing cards and miscellaneous adhesives arranged into an alternative headliner in JD's '59 Ford.
- Hoonigan Founder and Pro Rally Driver Ken Block Dead at 55 (2,530)Pro rally driver and founder of Hoonigan Racing died Monday in a snowmobiling accident near Mill Hollow area in Wasatch County.
- 1971 GMC COE Fire Truck to Ramp Truck Car Hauler Build (2,510)Make It Kustom and Halfass Kustoms collaborate to build a 1971 GMC COE Fire Truck cab and Chevy C30 chassis into a kustom car hauler.
- How To Choose the Correct Drag Racing Tire (2,316)The evolution of the drag racing tire and direct looks at popular, race tested tire designs, and explain the key features to look for.
- The Inaugural No Name Nationals Drag Race & Burnout Contest Coverage (2,221)The 2022 No Name Nationals at Jeffers Motorsports Park featured several classes of drag racing, burnout contest, and "Monkey Bike" Challenge...
- Rusty but Rare 1976 Chevy K10 Sport Truck Revival! (2,215)Dalton from Pole barn Garage works to revive a rusty but rare 1976 Chevy K10 Sport truck from Kevin at Junkyard Digs.
- How The John Deere 108 Race Lawn Mower Was Made (2,178)This John Deere 108 mower had all the standard features you'de expect it to have, but now, it rips around at a top speed of 47 MPH!
- Lawn Mower Racing ~ The Worlds CHEAPEST Motorsport (2,165)This is Lawn Mower Racing — a bunch of maniacs get together in a field to do some of the craziest racing on 50mph lawn mowers
- The Myths And Realities Of Carburetor Sizing (2,143)Uncle Tony offers up some of the carb sizing factors at play plus some basic guidelines that will get you headed in the right direction.
- Roadkill's Best (and Worst) Drag Strip Tests (2,129)Here are some of Roadkill's favorite drag strip tests, including some tests that went horribly wrong...
- World’s MOST Unusual Cars Ever Made, Found In One Warehouse (2,054)Hagerty's "Barn Find Hunter" Tom gets a private tour of the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, TN by the man himself, Jeff Lane.
- 25 Tools and Gift Ideas Under $15 From Harbor Freight You Need (1,995)Jared shows you 25 tools under $15 from Harbor Freight that you need to have in your garage or shop. These are Great Gift Ideas!
- Is Hot Rod Drag Week Really Worth It? (1,710)Bart from Busted Classic Garage breaks down his Hot Rod Drag Week 2022 experience with his LS1 powered Pontiac Trans Am.
- The Genius Design of U-Haul Car Trailers — Idiot Proof (1,608)The U-Haul Car Trailer may not be the best car trailer ever but they've made it incredibly user-friendly with features that are foolproof.
- Vintage 1980 Yamaha Enticer Snowmobile Revival to Former Glory (1,586)Dalton from Pole Barn Garage bought this vintage 1980 Yamaha Enticer 300 snowmobile project to go do wintery snow things with Junkyard Digs.
- Top Oil Filters Tested for Restriction and Filtering Efficiency (1,473)Brand Ranks tests four popular oil filters (Fram, Mobil 1, K&N, Walmart) to determine their restrictiveness and filtering efficiency.
- "Raceday" at The Race of Gentlemen (1,463)"Raceday" is a short Film on what the race day at The Race of Gentlemen looks and sounds like by Motor House,.
- The Carb Cheater: Revolutionizing Carburetor Tuning for Classic Car Enthusiasts (1,385)We explore Luke's innovative solution, The Carb Cheater, which aims to simplify and streamline carburetor tuning for classic car enthusiasts.
- 10 Oil Filters Compared: Finding the Best for Your Vehicle (1,311)A comprehensive comparison of 10 different oil filters to determine which one reigns supreme and which ones fall short.
- What Do DIN Style Automotive Relay Pin Numbers Mean? (1,235)Tool Demos explains what DIN style automotive relay terminal numbers mean and shows how they work and how you can remember which one does what.
- How is a Performance Camshaft Made? COMP Cams Factory Tour (1,234)Tour the COMP Cams factory and see the full progression of cam grinding technology thanks to tour guide rocket scientist Billy Godbold!
- Does Higher Octane Fuel Deliver Better Performance and Efficiency? (1,180)A series of tests to compare different octane levels to determine whether higher octane fuel is worth the additional cost.
- Drag Race Tire Tech: FASTEST Way To Change Your Gear Ratio! (1,077)JustMoparJoe offers up a quick and simple formula to calculate your new final gear ratio (Effective Gear Ratio) when switching tire sizes!
- Ohio Man Builds Insane 1966 Batmobile Replica (1,061)We happened across this roadworthy and amazingly functional 1966 Batmobile replica built by YouTuber Batcarguy.
- How To Paint a Car at Home Step-by-Step (1,048)We take you through the step-by-step process of achieving a quality finish for your car, from the initial prep to the final cut and buff.
- Improve Your Flux Core Welds with a Simple Nozzle Change (974)We explore the benefits of removing the nozzle for flux core welding and discuss the exceptions where it is necessary.
- Can Any Lug Nut Lock Stop Wheel Theft? (962)When you buy a new car or set of wheels, you may also want to purchase some security like a set of lug nut locks to prevent wheel theft.
- Oil Viscosity: Does the Thickness of Your Oil Matter? (879)David Frieburger explores the intricacies of oil viscosity and its impact on engine performance with sponsor, Driven Oil.
- The Way Gas Stations Used To Be (878)Modern gas stations bear more resemblance to convenience stores than the service stations of the past, which embodied a distinct persona.
- Big Block V8 Engine & Vintage Race Car TIME-LAPSE Restoration (752)When Hagerty first met Snowball Bishop and saw his old Ford dirt track racer behind his barn, they knew it had to be back on the track.
- Favorite and Forgotten Car Features of Yesterday (641)Discover how advancements in technology, shifting consumer preferences, and regulatory influences have reshaped the automobile.
- Size Matters: Stacey David's Dodge Power Wagon, aka SGT. ROCK (612)Stacey David's Sgt. Rock truck project emphasizes the delicate balance between legality, safety, and historical homage.
- Tips for Setting Up and Using a Self-Shielded Flux Core Welder (587)From polarity to tension and stick-out, we'll cover the key elements that contribute to successful welding with self-shielded flux core wire.
- The Fabulous Hudson Hornet: The Legacy of a Racing Legend (558)We delve into the captivating world of Hudson Hornet race cars in this in-depth documentary by the Hagerty Drivers Foundation.
- Does the Fuel You Choose Matter? (527)This article highlights the essential findings and conclusions regarding each fuel type's impact on power and performance.
- GM's Drag Race: C5 Corvette vs Chevrolet Camaro Four-Banger (442)A thrilling performance comparison between two General Motors (GM) cars: the iconic C5 Corvette and a new four-cylinder Chevrolet Camaro.