This is no ordinary Rat Rod. It was designed and built by an experienced Winston Cup race car builder. The build was completed with race-quality parts front-to-rear for superior performance and reliability. “DELIVERANCE” was completed in March 2012.
The frame was hand-built with 4-link and double-adjustable (compression & rebound) shocks. The hood is a lift-off with 3 pins. The taillights are ’40 Ford replicas. The rear wheels are Valken polished aluminum with Hoosier Pro Street 31×18.5R156LT’s.
1947 Ford Pro-Street Rat Rod Pickup Features
- Chevy 454 Big Block
- Crane Thumper Cam
- Weiand Tunnel Ram Intake
- Dual Holley 750 Double Pumpers
- Antique Spittoon Breathers
- Custom Built Stainless Headers with Try-Y Pipes
- MSD Distributor/MSD HVC Ignition
- Fluidyne Aluminum Race Radiator
- Trac-9 Rear End/Tru-Trac Locker
- 3:82 Gear/Stainless Race Internals
- Saginaw 3-Speed Trans (Reverse mounted)
- New Ram Clutch & Pressure Plate
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Custom Built Steel Wall Tubing Frame
- Rear 4-Link Setup w/AFCO Double Adjust Shocks
- Front End S-10 /Adjustable Coilovers
- Powder Coated Tubular A-Arms
- Wide 5 Hubs/Valken Polished Wheels
- Hoosier Pro Street 31×18.5R15’s
- AFCO Double Adjustable Shocks
- Copper over Wood Custom Floor
- Framed Up Front Porch Glider Swing Seat
- TB & C Series 600 Race Pedals
- Body Sanded & Sealed
- 40 Ford Replica Taillights
- 7″ Stove Pipe Exhaust
The interior is all custom built with some very unique features.
The floor is a sheet of copper with swirl marks from a Scotch Brite wheel over a treated plywood frame. Sitting on top of the copper floor is an old fashioned front porch Glider Swing bench. The floor pedals are TB & C Series 600 Race pedals.
The truck was finished in March of 2012 and was immediately put on the road. It does well around town, in heavy traffic or down the highway at speeds of 75-80 mph with no problem.
The truck was used on the new album cover for Honeysuckle Ridge Band w/ Jody Lee Petty and has appeared in Hot Rod Magazine.