YouTuber Iron Gordon shows how to paint a motorcycle helmet with a few cans of spray paint and several colors of 1shot.
He first removed all of the gloss sheen from the factory helmet paint job using red Scotch-Brite pads.
Rustoleum 2X ultra cover paint + primer was used for all of the color coats, and 1shot was used for all of the brushwork.
Finally, the entire helmet was coated with Spray Max 2K clear gloss.
Prep work is key when using this method, it is mentioned many times on Internet searches that certain types of paint can soften the raw shell of the helmet.
Do your research, do only what you are comfortable with, these methods may not be legal where you live and ride. You are responsible for your safety.
Products Used in this Video
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell; Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- Anti-Scratch Pinlock ready Faceshield (HJ-09) New 3D design provides 95 percent U.V. protection; Side shield lock mechanism for a ultra-secure seal; For ultimate Anti-Fog system add a optional Pinlock insert (sold separately)
- RapidFire Shield Replacement System; Simple and secure shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool-less removal and installation for efficient operation
- ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System; Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out.Circumference: 23.625 inch – 24 inch
- SuperCool Moisture-Wicking Interior; Fully removable cheek pads and liner; Anti-Bacterial Fabric; All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes