Keeping tools and materials clean is key when it comes to welding, and is arguably the number one reason for poor welds, aside from the skills of the welder.
How To Clean a MIG Welder Torch
In the video, Detroit-based welder-fabricator Josh Welton explains which tools you need to help keep your MIG torch clean. He also explains why it’s important to keep shielding gas flowing, what build-up does to the wire tip, and how it makes the entire welding process easier.
Keep Your MIG Welder Torch Clean with MIG Welding Nozzle Gel
Once you’ve your nozzle clean, keep it clean with nozzle gel that creates an anti-spatter film on the tip of your torch to prevent build-up. Our go-to dip at Roadkill Customs is Cooter Snot Tip Dip.
Cooter Snot Tip Dip MIG Welding Nozzle Gel
- Creates an anti-spatter film on the tip of your torch
- Known to be compatible with any tip you can dip
- Protects surfaces in the splatter zone
- Will not clog orifices and prevents erratic operation
- Works in any position, with any nozzle
- 16 fl. oz.
Directions For Use
- Dip hot tip in cooter snot
- Apply to surrounding surfaces to prevent splatter from sticking
- Repeat as required
Proudly Made in the USA
- Non-toxic, non-flammable, non-irritating, and odorless
- Contains no hydrocarbon solvents, silicone, or chlorinated solvents