Headlights are typically made of polycarbonate, which is up to 250 times more impact resistant than glass. However, it scratches easily and is very sensitive to UV Exposure.
Headlight manufacturers use a protective coating to prevent yellowing and UV damage, but headlights still become yellow and oxidized over time, which is not only unsightly but can make night time driving difficult.
Project Farm tested Yellow and Oxidized Headlight Restoration Kits including:
- Meguiar’s Headlight Restoration Kit,
- Mothers NuLens Headlight Renewal Kit,
- Sylvania Headlight Restoration Kit,
- Turtle Wax Headlight Lens Restorer Kit, and
- Visbella DIY Headlight Restoration Kit, each available via Amazon, and the
- Harbor Freight Deluxe Lens Renewal Kit.
A high-quality headlight restoration kit includes not only restores clarity and light output but also includes a UV protectant. Here is how the kits measured up…