Fuel injection swaps are popular for a pile of reasons, but for a shade tree hot rodder, the number of modifications to the car can quickly outweigh the benefits — traditional conversion setups require a different fuel tank, high-pressure lines, and removing and replacing the mechanical pump. This conversion’s a little different.
To help out with the ’57 Chevy DD Speed Shop is giving away, FiTech donated a 600hp EFI kit to improve drivability for the next owner.
The key to making the install so easy on a classic, or switching back should a future owner want a carb, is the trick surge tank setup that’s hidden under the hood…
This new style setup uses the engine’s low-pressure mechanical pump to feed a small surge tank under the hood which contains a high-pressure fuel pump and regulator that feeds the EFI throttle body.
Rather than plumbing and wiring a new system all the way to the back of the car, the same results are achieved with a couple of feet of hose and wire right next to the engine, and the original fuel system remains fully intact.
From there, it takes a couple of wires for water temp, an O2 sensor, and 12-volt power to make it all run like it was put there at the factory.
Once connected, the system takes a few inputs on the provided screen for engine size and idle speed before it’s ready to fire up and tune itself to the car.
FiTech Fuel Injection Go EFI-4 600 HP Throttle Body System Basic Kit
The Go EFI 4 Matte Black Self-Tuning Fuel Injection is rated at 600 HP but is suitable for engines from 200 HP through 650 HP.
This system is perfect for your daily-driver right up to your weekend Street Machine or Bracket Racer. It features the fastest most accurate self-learning available, timing control, wet flow annular discharge, and tons of additional features.
It fits any 4-bbl intake manifold and is the most self-contained and full-featured unit of this type. The ECU (computer) is mounted on the throttle body, which greatly simplifies installation — No hole in your firewall and no unsightly harness draped across your engine.
This is also the only computer mounted throttle body that offers spark control without the need for an external spark box or special distributor. It also has a built-in fuel pressure regulator.
A hand-held controller features a touch screen for quick and easy initial set-up.
FiTech Go EFI-4 Features:
- Four flow-matched injectors
- Supports up to 600 HP
- Simple touch screen selections get you up and running in minutes
- Bosch 4.2 wideband O2 sensor
- ECU is mounted on the throttle body so there is NO external boxes or harnesses to clutter up your engine compartment or under dash
- Universal base to fit any 4-bbl manifold
- Throttle linkage suits most transmissions
- Voltage control fuel pump control
- Wet flow technology with unique Swirl Spray Annular discharge design
- Ignition timing can be controlled and adjusted on the fly from the touch screen controller
- Air Fuel ratios can be optimized on the fly
- Single fan control
- Will work with CDI box but not required to control the timing
- Built-in fuel pressure regulator
- Inlet fitting: 9/16 in.-24 to 6AN
- Return fitting: 10 mm x 1.25 to 6AN
- Note: Not legal for sale or use in emission restrictive states including California
FiTech Go EFI-4 Specifications:
|Power Adder Compatible||No|
|Timing Control Compatible||Yes|
|Manufacturer’s Part Number:||30002|
About the FITech Fuel Injection Force Fuel System
FiTech Force Fuel System makes the upgrade to fuel injection even easier.
The Force Fuel simply connects to a stock mechanical or electric fuel pump then supplies the EFI system with high pressure through the use of an internal 340-LPH pump.
With a strong, versatile mounting bracket, the Force Fuel System mounts under and is fed with the original fuel pump. The assembly holds half-a-gallon of fuel to submerge the electric fuel pump to keep it cool for long life and no chance of fuel starvation.
An internal regulator keeps the pressure at a consistent 58-psi which is ideal for reliable EFI performance. A serviceable 10-micron fuel filter is supplied to keep the finest debris away from the injectors along with five feet of high-pressure fuel hose, AN fittings, and clamps.
The precision machined extrusion is designed for strength and sealed tight. There is also an easy-to-view fuel pressure gauge installed for quick checks and heavy-duty wire terminals are also supplied to complete the installation.
FITech Fuel Injection Force Fuel System Features:
- Uses a 340 LPH fuel pump and internal regulator for reliable fuel supply
- Capable of supporting the fuel demands of an 800-hp engine on gasoline
- 10-micron serviceable filter ensures the best filtration available
- Increased fuel capacity
- Supports E-85, alcohol or methanol based fuels
- Sturdy, versatile mounting bracket provides a side or bottom mount
- Includes fuel hose, AN fittings, return line fitting bung, and liquid-filled pressure gauge
FITech Fuel Injection Force Fuel System Specifications:
|Quantity||Sold as a kit|
|Fuel Pressure Regulator Included||Yes|
|Injector Size (lbs./hr.)||340|
From FiTech ~ Installing the Mean Street EFI Kit
Want To Win This ’57 Chevy Bel Air?
All DD Speed Shop channel subscribers are eligible to win. As a subscriber, you are automatically entered into the giveaway. No purchase is necessary just Subscribe to be eligible.
Once the subscriber count meets 57,000 and the car is completed the contest will be closed, all names will be combined and one name will be randomly selected. The winner is financially responsible for picking up/shipping the prize in compliance with Canadian law.