Nathan of Nathan’s Garage is a self-described “ordinary guy in his garage trying to do way more than he should on his own.”
In this series of videos, he is chassis swapping a 1971 Ford F-100 pickup truck with a 2008 Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor ~ A project he’s dubbed “The F71”.
He’ll also be shortening the long-bed to a short-bed to match the Crown Vic donor car’s wheelbase.
Editor’s Note: This is a full example of swapping a late-model chassis under an older car or truck body, at home with normal tools and not much other help.
While we may have made some different decisions if doing this build ourselves, the intention in posting this series is to make you aware of the challenges and possible solutions so you know better what to expect in your own chassis swap project. For more information, see our Body / Chassis Swap Overview.
Table of Contents
- Episode I – Teardown of the Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor.
- Episode II – The “F71” reaches the next phase.
- Episode III – Preparing the F100 cab.
- Episode IV – Setting the F-100 Cab on the Crown Victoria frame.
- Episode V – Shortening the F-100 bed from Longbed to Shortbed.
- Episode VI – Mounting the F-100 cab on the Crown Victoria frame.
- Episode VII – Steering, shifting, and more.
- Episode VIII – Engine & Bed: Intakes, wiring and get the bed mounted.
- Episode IX – More bed shortening, wheel humps, and intake.
- Episode X – Bed humps, seats, and wiring.
- Episode XI – The final details.
- Episode XII – The F71 – F-100/Crown Victoria P71 is Complete!
Episode I – Teardown of the Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor.
Episode II – The “F71” reaches the next phase.
This is the swapping of an 2008 Crown Victoria donor chassis under a 1971 F100 while keeping the F100 floor and firewall…