A great all-in-one racer’s tool available from Amazon is the Hot Rod Calc by Mr. Gasket. This convenient hand-held Street and Strip Performance Calculator is programmed to calculate your vehicle’s performance based on local track temperature and elevation, atmospheric pressure, and moisture content.
It helps you compensate for the Air Density index and Density Altitude and predicts their effect on your car’s Speed and ET for both 1/4-mile and 1/8-mile tracks.
You can enter your car’s weight or calculate it from a known ET and HP or MPH and HP. It calculates MPH based on weight and HP or from tire diameter, gear ratio, and RPM.
Calculate changes in tire size and the effect on gear ratio and speedometer readings or you also can enter the gear ratio and calculate for tire diameter, RPM, or speed.
It also comes pre-programmed with the most important engine building math formulas. Calculate engine displacement in cubic inches, cc’s, or liters.
You can calculate the compression ratio by entering the appropriate engine measurements and you can determine the amount to mill a cylinder head to achieve the desired compression ratio.
The Hot Rod Calculator computes piston speed, volumetric efficiency (VE), carburetor airflow requirements, horsepower and torque, RPM, bore and stroke effects, and a host of other functions. And it features convenient conversions between US and metric units for fluids, weight, temperature, torque, and speed.
It is powered by 2 long-life LR-44 batteries and comes with a tough Armadillo Gear protective case, Users Guide, and a Quick Reference Guide for the track. It is the ideal quick reference tool for all engine builders and performance enthusiasts and it is evident that Mr. Gasket went to considerable trouble to provide all the detailed results you could ask for.
In our exhaustive Hot Rod Engine Tech review, it performed flawlessly, delivering fast accurate results every time. The protective case and tough damage-resistant display screen are major pluses for heavy-duty use. The function keys are large, well-marked, easy to press and the display function is easy to read under most lighting conditions.
We rate it a superior value and predict that most users will find it indispensable to their engine building and tuning efforts.
Road and Strip Performance Calculator for your Android or iOS Smartphone
Great for: Bracket Racers, Hot Rod Owners, Engine Builders, Car and Truck Enthusiasts, Bench Racers.
And while perhaps obvious, if you change from an Android device to an iPhone or iPad, you WILL need to buy a new license as they are incompatible.
- Predict Elapsed Time and Speed, Using Motorsport Standard Atmosphere (MSA) Corrections
- Calculate how current track conditions will affect your car’s performance
- Solutions for compression ratio, gear ratio, engine displacement and more
- Full User’s Guide built in as well as ability to press and hold a key for specific help
The Hot Rod Calculator Elapsed Time (ET) Prediction calculator for your Android Smartphone with built-in motor building and performance solutions will give you the competitive edge at the track or in the garage. No need to remember complex formulas or look them up in tables or charts.
At the track racers can see how weather and elevation will affect their times using this calculator, so they can instantly predict dial-ins using current track conditions.
In the garage, engine builders and tuners can easily see how changes in a car’s engine and fuel system will affect performance and solve dozens of “what if” scenarios in seconds.
It helps make auto performance tuning easy:
- Calculate Engine Displacement in cubic inches, liters or cc’s
- Improve your engine’s air-fuel efficiency
- Calculate how changes in tire size affect gear ratio and speedometer
- Easily calculate fluid conversions for gallons, fluid ounces, cc, ml, liters, temperature conversions for Celsius and Fahrenheit, weight conversions, metric and imperial
- Automatically calculate Brake Horsepower given Torque and RPM, or Elapsed Time (ET) and Vehicle Weight, or MPH and Vehicle Weight
- Calculator Predicts Elapsed Time and trap speed for 1/4 mile and 1/8 mile runs
- Automatically calculate Brake Horsepower given Torque and RPM, Elapsed Time (ET) and Weight or MPH and Weight.
- Enter or calculate local track conditions, including Absolute Pressure, Air Temperature, Moisture, Elevation, Air Density Index and Density altitude, Wind Speed and Direction and predict their effects on your Elapsed Time (ET) and speed.
- Calculate speed given Vehicle Weight and Horsepower or Tire Diameter, Gear Ratio and RPM.
- Compression Ratio — Instantly see how changes to any of 8 engine measurements can increase your Compression Ratio; deck height, dome volume, chamber volume, gasket thickness, gasket bore, bore and stroke and/or milling the heads.
- Enter target Engine Displacement and current Stroke to calculate the new Bore or enter Engine Displacement and current Bore to calculate new Stroke.
- Fluid conversions for gallons, fluid ounces, cc, ml, liters, temperature conversions for Fahrenheit and Celsius, weight conversions, metric and imperial conversions.
- Calibrate the calculator’s Mechanical Efficiency setting to more closely match a car’s time.
- Calculate fuel correction index to determine new jet flow requirements.
- Built-in help, including Holley® jet specs – just press and hold the desired key for full, clear definitions, explanations and examples of keystrokes.
- Great auto performance tuning calculator with solutions for engine displacement, compression ratio, gear ratio and more.