The owner of this 1968 Pontiac Firebird had been collecting for the project over the years, and with this stash of parts, decided to start the build. As with any proper restomod or restoration project, he got started with disassembly, stripped the Firebird down to a bare shell, and had the body sand blasted.
What the sand lasting uncovered was a level of body repair simply beyond his capabilities.
Several months later, the Firebird arrived at MetalWorks in Eugene, OR for a full transformation. The Firebird was designed and built to retain its classic looks, but with modern performance capabilities (build specs below)…
1968 Pontiac Firebird Pro Touring RestoMod Specifications
- Engine: Butler Performance 505ci (651 hp, 665 fl lbs tq.)
- Transmission: TREMEC 6-speed (Centerforce DYAD clutch)
- FAST Multi-Port EFI System
- RideTech suspension
- Wilwood brakes
- Forgeline GW3 wheels (18×10, 18×11)
- BFGoodrich G-Force Rival S tires (275/35ZR18 & 315/30ZR18)
- Speedhut gauges