Bare Metal Inspiration from Down Under
GC Restoration, a Queensland Australia hot rod shop specializing in automotive restoration and fabrication, has produced an impressive and quite convincing bare metal paint effect…
Painting a Bare Metal Effect on Any Surface
Rustic Duck Furniture has put together a concise and easy-to-follow DIY that shows you how to can make any surface: Wood, Plastic, Fiberglass, etc. look like bare metal with a just few simple techniques…
- Primer: Rustoleum painters touch 2x ultra cover grey primer
- Silver Spray: Rustoleum Metallic brilliant metal finish
- Minwax Provincial oil-based stain
- Rustoleum Kona oil-based stain
- Rustoleum Carbon Grey oil-based stain
- ANY white latex paint (craft paint/latex/chalk paint)
- Clearcoat (any non-yellowing spray)
Painting Bare Metal to Look Like Bare Metal
Some time ago, we were hunting for bare metal paint effect ideas and happened across Rat Rod Bob’s efforts. He shares his trials and tribulations attempting a convincing bare metal paint effect on his rat rod.
Editor’s Note: Rat Rod Bob has disabled play on websites for this video.