Originally purchased as a drag car and was raced for many years, Detroit Speed transforms this ’41 Willys Americar Coupe into a Pro-Touring street cruiser with a hand-formed steel body for Mike & Janie Braswell…
The Willys Americar was a line of automobiles produced by Willys-Overland Motors from 1937 to 1942, either as a sedan, coupe, station wagon or pickup truck.
The coupe version is a very popular hot rod choice, either as a donor car or as a fiberglass model.
1941 Willys Americar Coupe Pro-Touring Build Specifications:
- Engine: GM 7.0L LS7 (505 hp, 470 lb/ft tq)
- Transmission: Legend LGT-700 5-speed manual
- Suspension: Complete Detroit Speed overhaul
- Brakes: Baer 6P 14-inch brakes
- Wheels: Schott Performance Wheels
- Paint: PPG 9300 DCC Black