As the crew at YouTube channel Nivlac57 finishes preparations for their Twin Turbo Vortec 4200 Ameri-Barra powered 1974 Datsun 260z to make some power on the dyno shortly, Calvin offers 5 tips and tricks that are key to a successful dyno session…
Don’t Waste Your Time & Money: Be Prepared For A Dyno Session
- 1:38 Does it run? No, really? Does it run?
- 4:28 Did you forget the... (See list below video)
- 8:18 Safety
Third... Er... First. (See list below video)
- 9:36 What are your goals?
- 10:58 Are you taking Notes?
Suggested Safety Checks
- Torque Lug Nuts
- Check Fuel Fittings
- Check Vacuum Lines
- Check Tires
- Tie-Down Points
Helpful Items To Have On-Hand For a Successful Dyno Day
- Spark Plugs
- Spark Plug Gapping Tool
- Extra Injectors, Coils, Spare ECU, Wastegate, etc.
- Extra Sensors: O2, MAP, Throttle Position, etc.
- Motor Oil
- Transmission Fluid
- Infrared Temperature Reader
- Zip Ties, Duct Tape, Hose Clamps, etc.
- Laptop and Cable
- Camera Equipment
- Hearing Protection
- Lunch and Water