Project Farm tests Fram Extra Guard, K&N Performance, Purolator, Wix, AC Delco, and EP Auto automotive air filters.
Performance testing includes:
- filtering particles 5 microns and larger,
- filtering particles 1-5 microns,
- new filter static pressure and airflow speed,
- used filter static pressure and airflow speed, and
- vehicle 0-60 performance with each brand…
Performance Choice: K&N Filters
If it’s all about performance, or you’re heading to the track for the weekend, the K&N Performance filters are definitely the choice to make.
Non-Performance Choices: Purolator, Wix
For daily drivers and other non-performance applications, Purolator and Wix filters really outperformed the other brands in a big way, showing that while they do cost a little bit more, they’re probably well worth the money.